It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Did you get that from CNN at 4 or 9pm last night?

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: badw0lf

Why, I ask again, Why, is protesting the national anthem, going to further the movement to end police brutality. It's not gonna make diddly squat happen, apart from everyone going "What's this tosser doing?" and them tuning out.

Are they protesting the National Anthem? Or are they protesting while the National Anthem is being played?

They could protest the game and not get paid.

I suppose.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

See-through walls?

Really?

That must be a joke.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

Thanks. I don't watch Youtube videos; I'm sure it's very impressive. If you can't make your own arguments, you're going to bore me very very quickly.

You seem to believe that your OPINIONS about the protests are facts.

Here's some of what Colin has said about his actions:

This stand wasn't because I feel like I'm being put down in any kind of way. This is because I'm seeing things happen to people that don't have a voice: people that don't have a platform to talk and have their voices heard and affect change. So I'm in the position where I can do that, and I'm going to do that for people that can't.

and

People don't realize what's really going on in this country. There are a lot things that are going on that are unjust. People aren't being held accountable for. And that's something that needs to change. That's something that this country stands for: freedom, liberty and justice for all.

So, Kaepernick is asking for freedom, liberty and justice for all. Which of those do you personally disagree with?

Source
edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The craft of Public relations was made for people who get upset over comments like Trump's.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And not going to game a because a player is protesting, is also a protest, it is just a big circle that doesn't need to be explained, but everyone wants it to stop when it is the view they agree with that is being protested

edit on 23-9-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: amazing

And not going to a because a player is protesting, is also a protest, it is just a big circle that doesn't need to be explained, but everyone wants it to stop when it is the view they agree with that is being protested

link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Having a job is a privilege?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I didn't need Trump to tell me I should boycott the NFL for this because I was already doing it on my own. It is common sense not to reward bad behavior. I haven't watched a game all year and frankly haven't missed it one bit. College football works fine for me.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

10 million+ without power plus many more who lost satellite or cable on top of hurricane coverage with live shots of damage probably hurt tv ratings for the NFL, however attendence and ratings are down over the years.

I believe this has little to do with players taking a knee during the national anthem and a lot to do with a younger generation who is not obsessed with football.

Trump calling for a boycott is upsurd....

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The notion that Trump is calling for a boycott is equally absurd.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I have NO idea how you came to the conclusion that I've said their right to protest was not protected by that, and I doubt anyone else can either.

"They're not protesting this, which they claim they are, they're protesting that, instead."

So, are you finally admitting that the NFLers have aright to protest by "taking a knee" during the National Anthem, or not?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: Gryphon66

Quit it. You're a buzzing mosquito.

The religious standards are already set in place. Unless you go to the Gryphon church of WhateverIwantIwillDoIt.

Don't expect much in the plate.

Nah. I think I'll stay right here, besides, you're apparently the insect lover.

Your claims are getting more and more pathetic. Show us those Christian churches which condemn kneeling to pray, Bug.

That was your claim. You can't back it up. Like the rest of your prattling screed.

WTAF are you on about now, for gods sake.

Please do show me where I said ANY church condemns a parishioner kneeling, your addled fool?

Call me bug again, go on, I like it. You combination of horror.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The craft of Public relations was made for people who get upset over comments like Trump's.

No, the craft of public relations was made to off-set idiocy in an effort to preserve public image.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Hell yeah you would totally put that old lady in her place, old people don't know sh#t. 90 year olds, think they are so tough in 2017

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: odzeandennz

Hell yeah you would totally put that old lady in her place, old people don't know sh#t. 90 year olds, think they are so tough in 2017

Idiots get old too, you know.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: underwerks

See-through walls?

Really?

That must be a joke.

I definitely laughed about it, but I don't think it's a joke.

I think "see through wall" is just a fancy way of saying chain link fence.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: roadgravel

Something selfless for the country. Could be enlist. Could be volunteer work regularly. But for others. Not for a pat on the back.

OK. But I would call that being a decent person but It would help the country since people are the country.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No, the craft of public relations was made to off-set idiocy in an effort to preserve public image.

I'm not even sure what that means.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I thought you were Australian?

I am, hence this is pretty much academic to me, but the point of it all, remains the same.

I remember arguing with some dork on usenet in the late 90's who argued, with others, that "Advance Australia Fair" was racist, because it implied that Fair meant White, therefore the anthem was "Advance Australia White".. But back then, there were more rational minded folk around.

We still had flag burners, but as usual, they were flicked off with the rest of the sundry. I don't deny anyone the right to free speech or protest, but I sure as hell can speak my mind about it.

I'm not sure you understand what is being protested? Not the anthem, but a statement is being made DURING the anthem.
Freedom of speech precludes any argument against their constitutional right to do this.
Hysteria over an anthem, hysteria over a personal protest, hysteria over Trumps stupid flapping is really
just media/discussion board fodder.

But then why only during the anthem? By turn their backs on the flag, if not to say "To the American people, we kneel against you!" and if that is not disrespectful, I don't know what is. They're taking an alleged legitimate cause, and instead of protesting it against the correct avenue to get results, they're just carte blanche taking it to every single US citizen. No respect given, none to be returned.

To me, it's insulting, even as an Australian.

On a personal note, if anyone is remotely interested, I respect anyone who takes the full on 'outrage" of millions of people to make a statement, I'm not sure many of us here would be so brave? I could be taking about Trump or the NFL players. Though I dare say one is making a brand recruitment statement the other a personal stance statement. But the morality of these statements is up to everyone else to argue over I suppose.

I'm off for a swim.

I could do that right now. But it's almost 4am, and my pool is the sky. Rain just doesn't quite cut it..

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join