It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

You've got an issue with grammar in your initial claim that says otherwise. But, let's not belabor that point ... Black Americans are around 13% of the population. Good job!

No one has said that Blacks shouldn't be arrested for committing crimes. Some folks have said that they are targeted, arrested, and convicted way out of proportion with your 13% statistic that you seem so proud of finally getting right.

(Are you sure of which side of this you're attempting to argue?)

"White people are the problem" is, I don't doubt, all you are able to hear, but that is exactly no one's argument here or on the field.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: badw0lf

I have never once said that these miscreants cannot protest in any way they desire.

You've tried to argue that their protests aren't protected by the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution by saying this:

Protesting the government is one thing. This is not protesting the government, however. It's a racial issue. It's not against the government, it's against a problem that is perceived to be a larger issue.

I have NO idea how you came to the conclusion that I've said their right to protest was not protected by that, and I doubt anyone else can either.

"They're not protesting this, which they claim they are, they're protesting that, instead."

Try again. Here, have an ice cream.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Something selfless for the country. Could be enlist. Could be volunteer work regularly. But for others. Not for a pat on the back.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Welcome freshly minted ATS member!

A> You're mixing up your statistics.

B> They're protesting in solidarity with the belief that Black Americans are treated differently by the legal system and police forces ... which is evidentially true no matter which stat you look at.

Yes black people are treated differently. How many white people are on that team? Blacks are better at sports? Well evidently they are better at crime too, hence all the attention

If they were better at crime or at least, as much better as they are at most sports, I don't think they'd be arrested or tried or convicted in the ridiculous proportions they are.

(That's a polite way of saying your attempt doesn't make any sense.)
edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Now you're starting to sound like that Obama dude.

Communist.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Quit it. You're a buzzing mosquito.

The religious standards are already set in place. Unless you go to the Gryphon church of WhateverIwantIwillDoIt.

Don't expect much in the plate.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Phage

I can't watch vids at this time.

Take your time.
But yes, he said it.

Did he call them that or is he saying what the owners should say?

Big diff buddy.

Funny that you couldn't find a quote for us.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's FIRED!'"

A little bit after he talked about people being hit in the head with drugs from Mexican catapults..

Without a see-through wall, a criminal in "wonderful, wonderful" Mexico could use a catapult to throw "a hundred pounds of drugs" over the wall.

"And it lands, and it hits somebody in the head — you don't even know they're there," Trump said. "Believe it or not, this is the kind of stuff that happens. So you need to have a great wall, but it has to be see-through."

www.washingtonpost.com... -rambling-speech/

Listening to the whole speech, I'm even more dumbfounded.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Trump doesn't even need to boycott the NFL because the fan base is already doing it. Stadiums are half-empty and it's ratings are crashing. This whole Kaepernick thing has hit them in the wallet... HARD.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

Yep...not to mention that Kap is a bum QB.
In my opinion, the team owners should force them to stand or make them stay in the locker room while the anthem is played.
Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. They should leave their protests off the field.
This is worse than the washed up F-list celebrities that don't know when to shut up.
Trump is always going to tell it like it is, stepping on the snowflake's heads along the way.

link   
This really isn't an issue of regular people protesting. Look at the bigger picture:

A few of the protesting NFL players have a point with why they are protesting. Kaepernick on the other hand was sketchy as (you get the word that belongs here). From what I heard (up here in Seattle) is that Kaepernick isn't getting picked on teams due to his contract demands and not his political stance. He's just trying to push the victim card because...you know...

While other members of the NFL are protesting out of solidarity against police violence. Hey that's great, and good for them, but then they go off and claim that they are doing to for all the Michael Browns and Charleena Lyles. Both of which were not innocent and both ended up dead due to the nature of their attacks on the police. Double standard much? or is it that these NFL players are trying to take a real issue and highlight it but are just using propaganda as their motivator? You decide.

SO now you have these sports figures getting into the political fray and ranting about their rights over everyone else's (go look at how many took to social media and called Trump a Nazi and raciest because he thinks that they should set a better example) ok, so the NFL players are protesting, and that brings us to the big picture.

Kids are now sitting out the National Anthem at their football games. Why? well they see so-and-so doing it and now they want to play along. High schoolers may have a point, middle schooler'? Elementary schoolers? really? Great why to set an example NFL guys. I remember not too long ago when the NBA had a player image due to the behaviors of their players, and they cracked done on them. Why can't the NFL? Is what Seattle Seahawk player Richard Sherman said correct? Is the NFL all about money and not about the game?
(for context Sherman was talking about how injury reports had to be made public now, and his point was the this was for the benefit of the gambling houses in Vegas. The NFL has a public stance against gambling, but then turns around and fully supports fantasy football and apparently releasing injury reports for the gambling odds makers in Vegas)

While I support peoples right to protest, I don't support nonsense. If these NFL players really believe in what they are protesting, then shouldn't they come out and protest disparity no matter what race is be attacked? To me this sn't much differ than the whole BLM people who come together black, white, yellow, and brown then go off on anti-white people. It's nonsense.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The reason it's bad for the right to react to this is because the purpose of the anthem isn't your shortcut homework to honoring America. Both standing and 'protesting' do this equally, as Americans, but this is a song.

It's not mandatory to do anything, it's a show. As soon as it's mandatory for anyone, then we're one step from guards making sure the fans have hands on their hearts.

But football players are there to play ball, not whim to your heartstrings. You want to see another country steal the NFL? That's the more likely result than the insanity Trump thinks he will 'bring to the games'.

link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: Gryphon66

Quit it. You're a buzzing mosquito.

The religious standards are already set in place. Unless you go to the Gryphon church of WhateverIwantIwillDoIt.

Don't expect much in the plate.

Nah. I think I'll stay right here, besides, you're apparently the insect lover.

Your claims are getting more and more pathetic. Show us those Christian churches which condemn kneeling to pray, Bug.

That was your claim. You can't back it up. Like the rest of your prattling screed.

link   

I thought you were Australian?

I'm not sure you understand what is being protested? Not the anthem, but a statement is being made DURING the anthem.
Freedom of speech precludes any argument against their constitutional right to do this.
Hysteria over an anthem, hysteria over a personal protest, hysteria over Trumps stupid flapping is really
just media/discussion board fodder.

On a personal note, if anyone is remotely interested, I respect anyone who takes the full on 'outrage" of millions of people to make a statement, I'm not sure many of us here would be so brave? I could be taking about Trump or the NFL players. Though I dare say one is making a brand recruitment statement the other a personal stance statement. But the morality of these statements is up to everyone else to argue over I suppose.

I'm off for a swim.

edit on 23-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seasonal

Nfl loves the attention. Ratings are slipping.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You've got an issue with grammar in your initial claim that says otherwise. But, let's not belabor that point ... Black Americans are around 13% of the population. Good job!

You seem to have completely missed the point.

The issue is that this protest alleges that black people are falling victim to racist police officers. The reality is that black men commit a very disproportionate of violent crime and they do it against each other at rates that rival all the other groups (including the majority). The protest is dumb, it distracts from reality, it promotes a lie and it divides the country.

No one has said that Blacks shouldn't be arrested for committing crimes. Some folks have said that they are targeted, arrested, and convicted way out of proportion with your 13% statistic that you seem so proud of finally getting right.

Huh? You're the one who seems fixated on it.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Listening to the whole speech, I'm even more dumbfounded.

It's getting worse.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

It was the point made by the person I was replying to, that people are allowed to protest despite the fact that they may disrespect the fallen who fought for them to have the right to protest.
Hard to parse that runon but how were the fallen being given disrespect?

Resorting to personal insults now.

That's my job, you must be unwell.

Oh and ask the person that brought up their relative who died for the rights of these people to protest, even if it disrespected their memory.

Not playing your narcissist game.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

And ratings is the only thing that will change the players not standing.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

Really? Without the players there is no product. See the turmoil that was produced in baseball and hockey after labor strife.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Nah. Zero strawmen.

Trump has said all those stupid things.

No he hasn't. People who are butthurt that he became president have said it for him, and then you claim it is his words, verbatim.

Wrong again.

It's on the record. You can cry all you want about the facts.

Show them to me, plox.

I'll hold my breath.

Promise?

I'll hop right to it then.

I can hold my breath for a whole 8 minutes.

Hurry up.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Onslaught9966
Ya see it's easier for lazy "patriots" to stand or defend the flag or say a pledge than actually do something patriotic.

Like kneel?

Much better!!

lmao

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join