It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I accuse the London Mayor and his Council of turf war antics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Sadiq Khan,

I think part of why yo have took away UBER's license it to extend the interests of Islam based business at the expense of American business. Sadiq is a Muslim in his religion, you understand. I am not calling him out on that. I am calling him out on his motives and why it is corrupt and driven by religious and racial self interest, at the expense of one culture in favour of another, discriminating plain and simple like a despot would, not a democratically elected just for a while mayor .

Think about this guys! What would YOU do if you were Sadiq? Taxis are big business for Islamic people at least in Britain and ESPECIALLY London. I know because I lived with Muslims in Highfields, Leicester for many years.

Sadiq is using the very rare instances of rapes as ammunition for this DISGUSTING banning of UBER. What Sadiq does not tell you is that TAXI DRIVERS also have raped. It is no different, honestly. Just as many problems before UBER came on the scene.

The effect of his ban would be to wipe out all American business on London's streets with the taxis and private hire. It is actually anti American.

I want UBER in London, not just Persia and The Cabbie Mob, Boss Sadiq. You are monopolising on religious interests in many ways, if not directly then certainly indirectly as it will "protect" the interests of Islamic owned taxi firms at the expense of the whole community. Denying one and allowing another; well you have to have a water tight excuse for that.

I accuse you in public. Take me to Court then if you think I have wronged you. You are behaving like a Muslim Gangster. You will not win. UBER will crush you in Court if they have to and it will be the end of your career.

The petition against Sadiq's decision already has over 400, 000 signatures because THE PEOPLE want UBER; it is only Sadiq and his naive liberal fascist luvvies that don't. UBER is half the price of the rip off Taxis.

EDIT: I have tamed it down a little as best I can, but it is not just me who is angry, is it? Toned it down even more as I've no wish to offend.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It wasn't Sadiq's decision.

The rest of your post is just bigoted drivel.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

You lie! It was HEAVILY INFLUENCED by him and it will have the effects that I mentioned. It is his decision.

He's screwed. I know it. UBER are huge. London hates this DECISION.

Enlighten us then: Tell us who decided it? He gave the go ahead. He WANTS THIS.

Choose your sides, London. I know who I will be backing.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Not sure on the facts but I agree that this is so far fetched that it should not even be allowed in the skunkworks.

I understand that some people want to justify their unfounded racism but if they do so they should at least try to make it a bit believable.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It was decided by TFL.

Sadiq supports the decision but it was their decision.

Wouldn't matter any way as the rest of your post is still pure bigotry with no foundation.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

There's the Guardian article (and they are fans of Sadiq, just so you know I am being fair).

More than 500,000 sign petition to save Uber as firm hits back at London ban

Strong online support for the ride-sharing firm as chief executive vows to show that it is a ‘great company meaningfully contributing to society’

Kajal Odedra, UK director at Change.org said: “That is the fastest growing petition we’ve seen in the UK this year. The speed with which this grew shows how powerful online campaigning can be.” Uber, which has 40,000 drivers in London and claims that 3.5 million people use the service, also plans to appeal against the decision by TfL, which said the US company’s approach and conduct was “not fit and proper” to hold a private vehicle hire licence. The decision was backed by London mayor Sadiq Khan and the capital’s thousands of black cab drivers.

It's not drivel. Sadiq would be running a protection racket, he and his little network of councillors. I know all about councillors. I have experience of Leicester Gangsters paying off LEFT WING LABOUR councillors. I am not a grass though. My lips are sealed on that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Not a single part of that article backs your bigoted claims.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It was decided by TFL.

Wouldn't matter any way as the rest of your post is still pure bigotry with no foundation.

OK Mr Parrot. That's all you can say. Where is your argument then?

Sadiq has lost this cause. It's obvious. I do not trust him and never have. That is my political RIGHT to choose who I trust politically and I do not trust him one iota. Sorry, but that is how I feel and I am free to write about my anxieties with him being the Mayor of London, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Agreed!
TFL(transport for London) official government body made the decision,like s y other government decision, by committee after PUBLIC hearings weighing opinions from all sides, as mayor shadow khan has no input in any of these decisions. Also uber drivers in London , like black cabs drivers are made up of a percentage of the population, religion having less than nothing to do with it!

a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

It was decided by TFL.

OK Mr Parrot. That's all you can say. Where is your argument then?

Sadiq has lost this cause. It's obvious. I do not trust him and never have. That is my political RIGHT to choose who I trust politically and I do not trust him one iota. Sorry, but that is how I feel and I am free to write about my anxieties with him being the Mayor of London, too.

No argument required from me. You are the one making the baseless claim.

You are free to write your bigoted nonsense (at least as long as ATS management tolerates it).

I am equally free to point out you are talking bigoted evidence free nonsense.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You know nothing.. The majority of uber driver in london are Muslim..

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I do not get your argument OP. I don't like Kahn - he is a terrorist sympathiser - but how does banning Uber show religious bigotry? Many of the Uber drivers in London are immigrants - how many Muslims are now affected by Uber's ban in London. I'd suggest a lot.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

islamqa.org...

Assalam alay kum Muslim brothers and sisters, Sometimes I wonder what is halaal or haraam in Islam, because I see muslim brothers driving taxis, who have done the hajj and umrah, read namaz 5 times a day and go to mosques and then they go to supermarkets picking non muslim peoples shopping up, with their own hands and put into their own cars, which contains all sorts of haraam foods eg. alcohol, dog food, haraam meat etc. Also my muslim brothers go collect drunk people on fiday nights when they can be sick in their car. I was wondering whether this is a respectable job for muslim brothers to do seeing as it involves all sorts of haraam items? So would being a taxi driver be a halaal living or haraam living?

and the reply:

Answer Bismillah Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah’s guidance) Carrying disobedient people and sinners to their places of enjoyment or sin is forbidden. It is a kind of cooperation in their sin. Allaah Ta’ala Says: [And cooperate in righteousness and piety, but do not cooperate in sin and aggression. And fear Allaah; indeed, Allaah is severe in penalty.][Quran 5:2]. Similarly, carrying their wine or taking wages against this service is also forbidden. The prophet (saw) cursed ten people who have involvement in wine; one of them is the bearer of it. Taking wages from this source is also a sin. Ibn Wahb asked Ibn ‘Umar and said: ‘I have carrying-camels in the market, and the profit of them is allocated to be spent in charity, they carry food and sometime, if there is no food, they carry wine. He answered: ‘Its price (i.e. wine’s), its wages and every thing related to it is forbidden and should be abandoned.’ A taxi driver should as far as possible avoid non Muslim females in his taxi by diverting the route to a non-Muslim. As for Muslim females, they should also be avoided and by diverting the route to a non Muslim female taxi driver. So, you are not allowed to carry women, dissolute people or their wine etc, in your car and you should not take wages against such work. We supplicate Allaah to provide you the best customers and grant you lawful provision. And Only Allah Ta’ala Knows Best. ————————————– Moulana Qamruz Zaman London, UK

This is all going on under your very noses. In no way am I racist about it, but when it affects me directly I must fight my corner and I shall, whatever it takes. I am INFORMING you. That was just taken from the horse's very mouth about how we are talked about in our own land. It is a mighty BIG ISSUE and it will not go away.

Look after your interests, people, because someone else is looking to narrow you down, whittle you down, slowly and surely. I told you I lived with Muslims for many years. i don't hate them. How could I. It is about BUSINESS and INTERESTS that's all.

If Sadiq's and the council's ban goes ahead (BAN for goodness sake) America will lose lots of London trade and so will many British workers of ALL denominations.

The Black Cabs will benefit from the ban(yet they charge huge fares and a right racket of their own). There are many taxi firms owned by Islamic people and they will also benefit from the ban.

The left is terrible. They want to ban whole countries. All they do is ban and censor these days. Let's have a bit of freedom can we. This is just closing everything down. Let everybody have access to cheap fares and let people makes some money as a driver.

This is turf wars. It is being fought and decisions are being made that take away opportunity for the general public.

OK, this is how I feel. If you feel differently, that's cool, but I am seriously worried about bans coming from this council. What will be Sadiq's next ban...McDonald's may be because he says it makes everyone fat (oh and he don't want pork being sold in London...may be???)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You say you don't hate Muslims but the reason you one up with for Uber loosing their licence is the religion of the mayor.

Right not bigoted at all...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This wasn't the Major's decision though was it?

It was transport for London's decision? Sadiq just agreed with their decision?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You say you don't hate Muslims but the reason you one up with for Uber loosing their licence is the religion of the mayor.

Right not bigoted at all...

Another liberal buzz word to use on those who have defeated them. Ohh right, I'm a bigot then. I can cope with that if it means UBER don't get banned. There is no way this will hold up. It goes against freedom.

I'll be a bigot for you, UBER. I want you here. It's like John Lewis banning Ebay, just as absurd. I don't trust the motives. There is something very fishy happening. Do you really think that they have done this over a few rapes that happened just as often before UBER came along, (relatively that is)? It is PROTECTIONIST and we can't let that dominate Britain.

All the best Mr Parrot, from Mr Bigot.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Op, id bet there are far more uber drivers of Khan's faith thab you will find in black cabs.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As someone who works in the private hire industry in London I think I have the right to answer some things in this thread. First and foremost this has naff all to do with religion or sadiq khan for that matter and let me tell you I am far from his biggest fan. this has everything to do with the fact that uber totally subvert all the laws that every other phc has to go through there are not regulated licensed or background checked in the same way that every other car firm is now please explain how that is fair to those companies. now you mentioned the 4 hundred thousand odd signatures of people wanting them reinstated well of course they do they want cheap service and are prepared to risk peoples safety to get their cheap car anything to save a few pennies right? well let me tell you that comprimises every other car firm and black taxi firm in the country the standards of driver and customer service is non existant thanks to them. now if they pay their fair share of taxes and follow the same rules as other firms in regard to regulations then let them stay all TFL and other London private hire firms want is a level playing field if that can be achieved they can stay until then f off out of it!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Op, id bet there are far more uber drivers of Khan's faith thab you will find in black cabs.

I'm not on about that. I am on about certain firms.

UBER is open to all creeds. It is not a protection racket. It is the Ebay of taxis. Why are you so personally interested in banning the Ebay of Taxis from London then? What is your motive? You keep writing silly one line statements because you are frightened of me snaring you. I dare you to write your argument here as candidly as I have.

I challenge you to a dual. Write why you think it is a good idea to ban UBER specifically, while allowing the Black Cab and the other taxi firms to operate. You are going against the little guy.

Sometimes, people, the big corporations actually do help you ya know. They can get things to you more cheaply and at the same time give you opportunity. It is a partnership thing.

There is nothing stopping the taxi firms from doing UBER work, too. They could join in. They don't because they want to make a lot of money.

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

There are almost 100,000 private hire vehicles in London. Over the last three years there has been, roughly speaking, a 10,000 increase in the number of private hire vehicles. The black taxis are now as low as 23,000, for the first time in a generation, there are fewer people doing the knowledge. And I’m afraid the mistake was made a couple of years ago when TFL allowed the Uber taxis to come on stream. Why are there so many more private hire taxis? Because Londoners prefer to use them, and don’t want to be ripped off by black cabs – or take their chances on a night bus. But to Khan, the very act of giving Londoners this choice was a “mistake” – a deeply illiberal sentiment. Sign up to the Weekly Highlights email The best of the current issue – delivered straight to your inbox, every Thursday Enter email address Sign up So he then vowed to crack down on Uber, and narrow the choice of Londoners who can’t afford black cabs: Let me tell you what I will do. I will make sure we have proper regulation around private hire vehicles, I want a cap on the number of private hire vehicles…. These private hire vehicles are charging far, far less than black taxis can. In other words, a cap on the options given to Londoners. He sees lower-cost transport as a bad thing, something to crack down on. In politics, you need to take sides: are you with the users, or the producers? At least we now know which side Khan is on. Subscribe to The Spectator today for a quality of argument not found in any other publication. Get more Spectator for less – just £12 for 12 issues.

Effectively, America is being chased out of business and so is the little guy, whatever his faith. Yes, there are lots of Islamic taxi drivers working for UBER. However, if UBER are gone then there will only be left the black cabbies and the private hire firms.

I want to know exactly what is going on here. Why are the Americans being chased out of London so specifically? There is something very strange happening here. It needs to be clarified. You can't just go making business decisions like that, discriminating so obviously.

Yes, I have issues with Islam personally. I must be allowed to express those anxieties. I am not out to hate or use violence. I am out to protect my interest which is the free world. I don't want Mayors closing certain businesses with proxy excuses.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

We must ask ourselves why this has come just as Trump got on the case with Iran at the UN and Iran tells Israel it can reach it with its missiles.

Do I trust, no I do not. It's all political. If we allowed this what next business will they deprive us of? The Mayor will tell us that McDonald's is not allowed, that Ebay is not allowed, that America is not allowed. It's just the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join