It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: North Korean Earthquake Caused By Suspected Explosion At Surface, China Claims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

North Korea will continue to be a problem as long as China believes they are benefiting from it.

The second that is not true any longer, is the day you will see NK brought to heel.

This is exactly how to solve the North Korea problem. Make it so the only reason North Korea exists is as a land buffer between China and the US. All this rhetoric about threatening to destroy North Korea is giving North Korea exactly what it wants.

Attention on the world stage and reason for people to listen to them. I wonder if Kim and his people laugh every time Trump tweets or says something about destroying North Korea.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: yuppa

Amazingly callous attitude toward 40 million Americans.

At minimum.

People die everyday. and it woudnt kill 40 million people there. Los angelas and hollywood most likely. Kim would be doing th erepublicans a favor.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah? Too bad California has the highest GDP in the nation by nearly 40% and the repercussions would cripple the country and internet worldwide. But woohoo those nasty liberals are gone!

Enjoy the popcorn as you watch your countrymen die of radiation burns. Pretty sadistic but hey jmo.

People are cruel,mean,pick at anything different than the norm. The internet would be fine too BTW. especially on my coast where the capital of the US is located. Im poor already,and dont care about GDP. And its not sadistic to watch on TV something going on like that and eating something.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So, are we thinking this is a nuclear test, US strike or earthquake?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I doubt he'll use them, he just wants people to respect him. He has a university degree from switzerland and enjoys alot of nicities from the first world.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

At no time in my life have I feared that a nuclear exchange is more inevitable.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: DAVID64
The arguments for and against against Kim having nukes has been going on here for a while now, but my biggest worry it that he's just crazy enough to actually use them.

He is.

Yet the DPRK has a nuclear arsenal and has not used them, and has repeatedly stated that this arsenal would only be used defensively. So where is the logic here?

It's the same bogus logic used repeatedly by fearmongering Americans. Remember a few years ago when Iran was the insane dictatorship on the cusp of producing nukes with the intent to immediately use them? How did that turn out? What about when Iraq was accused of the same thing? Or Libya? Or Syria? Or a decade ago when the same accusations were levied against the DPRK itself?

There is a very clear pattern here: if the USA wants to promote popular support for a war against a country, the USA pumps out all kinds of accusations to justify it.

But let's be objective. The claim here is that the DPRK tested a nuclear detonation on the surface. For at least half a century, there have been an excess of satellites floating around the planet designed to detect any and all nuclear detonations on the surface. So where is that evidence? The whole point of underground testing is that the flash, and gamma outburst, is obscured from satellite coverage. And it's not just the DPRK that is still conducting underground testing these days either.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So, are we thinking this is a nuclear test, US strike or earthquake?

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: kamatty
It [south korea] said it believed the quake was natural because the specific soundwaves generated by artificial earthquakes were not detected, Reuters news agency reports.

www.bbc.com...

guys please read this article.
Jumping to random conclusions is fun I guess, but the natural earthquake is at a depth of 5km and doesnt have the signature nuke-quake waves...

and for a heads up this quake at 3.4 magnitude is almost 800 times weaker than the H bomb test NK did that registered as a 6.3 magnitude artificial quake.

USGS putting this quake at 5km sort of seals the deal really.. Think about it. The deepest mines in the world go a little over 4km.

so...

not a nuke and USGS puts ot at 5km below surface.. WAY tok deep for a nuke test AND 800 times weaker than North Korea H bomb test.

as far as surface strike/explosion... if thats true then USGS is lying about the depth of the quake.

There is a lot I don't know lol.

The version im going with is natural quake at 5km depth..

edit on 26-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Maybe we got Kim Jong, in his deep bunker playhouse?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

it would have to be on the ground forces to blow something up..

Again I have no clue..

going off the information I see, it looks like an earthquake.

And if its not an earthqake I wont get to see real information that would make me think it was a strike, BECAUSE they wouldnt show us actionable intelligence like that..

Who knows?
edit on 26-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join