It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Successfully Test-Fires new Ballistic Missile

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's a fact that Iran has continued testing missiles under Obama and Trump.Nothing you can say will change that.

Ounce again , I didn't say that they hadn't tested missiles , as a sovereign nation Iran has the right to defend itself , especially when under threat from a hostile power like the US ,
The thread is about Iran thumbing its nose at the US President after his ill advised comments at the UN.

The move was a direct challenge to US President Donald Trump, who in August signed a bill imposing mandatory penalties on those involved in Iran's ballistic missile programme and anyone who does business with those involved in the programme.

The missile tested was a Nuclear capable ballistic missile.
edit on 23-9-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do you think they'd never test another missile if Trump didn't agitate them?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: gortex

Do you think they'd never test another missile if Trump didn't agitate them?

Iran is forced into this action by being surrounded by US bases and a US Navvy off its coast that pressurises Iran to make just one mistake then all hell is let loose. If YOU were sitting in Iran right now then you would probably be kaking yourself after what the USA that surrounds you and floats Carrier strike Groups off your coast in the most intimidating way and which has destroyed so much of your neighbourhood may suddenly to you and your Persian bretheren. As Kissinger said recently, when so much military hardware is faced off in the USA v Iran game at such close quarters, then it is probably inevitable that a shooting war will at some point in time arise. Iran is just trying to defend itself any way it can.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You go ahead and believe that professional brainwashing, I'll believe Iran who repeatedly says they wanna destroy Israel.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You go ahead and believe that professional brainwashing, I'll believe Iran who repeatedly says they wanna destroy Israel.

Hey face..... I ain't brainwashed, it's just a fact! Look mat it from the Iranian perspective. USA is surrounding them plus has naval assets off its coast that could wipe the Persian state off the face of the Earth is needed. You need to put yourself in THEIR shoes for a minute! Is it any wonder Iran wants to defend itself?

On a side note I have no love of Iran. I stay in Israel off Nordau in tel aviv every year any know full well how Iran is THE destabilising factor for Israel right now when so much of the Arab world is ready to actually accept Israel as a legitimate state. The Persians are the ones spreading hate through the region and arming and training the Hezbollah and Hamas terrorists on Israel's borders. A world with no more Iranian state sponsored terror will be a better world. Iran needs to be stopped before it gets nukes. North Korea is a one man band in their region, Iran has the possibility of spreading a nuclear terror throughout the ME and north Africa and indeed setting fire to the whole world. Iran needs dealing with one way or another before it has the nuke ability to destroy a western state. A nuclear armed Iran is something that nobody wants but has anybody got the balls to take this threat out before it becomes a reality? I dearl hope so as we will all regret a nuclear armed Iran.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is your occasional reminder that Iran is not seeking to build nuclear weapons.

Nuclear weapons are the subject of a fatwa by the Iranian theocracy, because they are considered incompatible with Islamic morality.

You may find that laughable, but that's what they believe, and they run the place.

Testing a missile is something most nations do every weekend. Iran is not preparing for WWIII.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

The Iranian theocracy also calls for the destruction of Israel and the United States. Usually when people point that out as a pretty good reason why we should stop them from arming up, those who want us to stay out of Iran argue against that by saying the theocracy doesn't run the country. So which is it?

They were most certainly working towards building a nuclear weapon. They've all but admitted that themselves, and there's simply no alternative explanation for some of the actions they've taken. You don't need to enrich uranium to the degree they were for power generation or research purposes. They're also working towards the goal of developing an ICBM. There's only one reason for that. Nobody uses ICBMs to deliver conventional warheads because it's too costly. The only reason to pursue one is if you want to attach a nuclear warhead to it eventually. This is evidence that they still plan on building them once Kerry's "deal" has run its course. They already have missiles capable of hitting their regional enemies.
edit on 23 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Or you could look at why the US has forces in those regions. We have forces in the UK too, but you don't see Ireland threatening to destroy us and building up their missile technology and starting a nuclear program.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The Iranian theocracy also calls for the destruction of Israel and the United States. Usually when people point that out as a pretty good reason why we should stop them from arming up, those who want us to stay out of Iran argue against that by saying the theocracy doesn't run the country. So which is it?

How should I know? I'm not claiming anything like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So I'm not getting what you said here?

originally posted by: audubon
Nuclear weapons are the subject of a fatwa by the Iranian theocracy, because they are considered incompatible with Islamic morality.

You may find that laughable, but that's what they believe, and they run the place.

It looks like you're saying the theocracy disapproves of nuclear weapons, and they run the country, so therefore we can conclude Iran will never develop nuclear weapons.

If I'm interpreting that wrong I apologize.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No, you're more or less right (not exactly right, but convincingly right). Unless the elected Iranian government is planning to depose the ayatollahs and get tooled up with fission weapons, Iran is not going to become a nuclear power in the foreseeable future. I wouldn't rule that out entirely, but at the moment there's zero reason to rule it in.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ever hear the expression actions speak louder than words? Their actions are that of someone who is pursuing nuclear weapons. As I said, the degree to which they were enriching uranium and the fact they're continuing to pursue a missile that is only used to deliver a nuclear payload is pretty solid evidence of that. You can believe them if you want, but there's a lot of evidence that they're simply lying.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Ever hear the expression actions speak louder than words? Their actions are that of someone who is pursuing nuclear weapons. As I said, the degree to which they were enriching uranium and the fact they're continuing to pursue a missile that is only used to deliver a nuclear payload is pretty solid evidence of that. You can believe them if you want, but there's a lot of evidence that they're simply lying.

You have misunderstood the story that you are referring to. These missiles are not "only used to deliver a nuclear payload." In fact, the opposite is true. Go and check the story in the OP.

So there isn't "a lot of evidence that they're simply lying." You've jumped to a conclusion, and it's wrong. I'm not going to rub your nose in it; we all misread things from time to time.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm not talking about the missiles they tested today. I'm talking about ICBMs, which they are continuing to take steps toward developing. Nobody uses ICBMs to deliver a conventional warhead. Without rubbing your nose in it, that was pretty clear if you read my previous posts.
edit on 23 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ah, in that case I apologise. I had assumed you were basing your argument on some form of evidence.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Since actions speak louder than words, care to list all of the country's Iran have attacked in the last 50 years and just for #s and giggles put that list next to country's America has attacked in the last 50 years.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I did it was just evidence you don't wanna hear. Sorry, just because Iran pinky swore they weren't developing nukes doesn't make that true. This isn't complicated man. Iran already possesses missiles capable of hitting their regional opponents, yet they continue to develop longer-range weapons. Why do you suppose that is? It would be a waste of money if what you were saying was true.

As for them developing a nuclear weapon, the IAEA said in 2011 that based on their inspections, Iran was conducting research aimed at weaponizing its nuclear program. So there goes the whole idea that they would never do it.

Iran hid the existence of its 2nd enrichment site for years while they were allowing the IAEA to inspect the first to "prove" they weren't working with weapons-grade uranium. After the 2nd site was discovered only let the IAEA in there to inspect after taking plenty of time to clean up the place. If everything was on the up and up why hide the 2nd facility at all? And how do we know we've seen all of their enrichment facilities? They tell us where we're allowed to inspect. That makes it really easy to hide ongoing efforts.

I'd also like to point out that you can actually make a nuclear weapon with medical-grade uranium, it just won't be as efficient as if you used weapons-grade uranium.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Does that include the terrorism they export?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I did it was just evidence you don't wanna hear.

Seriously, the Poker-player mentality works when you're at the poker table, but it doesn't work so well in debate.

Let's have a link to this evidence of yours, please. I think I know what you are relying on. In which case you're relying on propaganda being circulated by Iranian dissidents who are trying to get the USA to invade Iran and return it to a pre-1979 state (and are therefore cooking up a phoney WMD scare, since it worked so well with Iraq).

But I'm prepared to be proven wrong. So: let's see the colour of your money.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Historically you have had forces here to counter the threat from Russia as the threat decreased so did your forces.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join