It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The envy and the ivy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The envy of another is quite often a misunderstanding, its where one hates another person because they seemed to achieved what you have not. Truthfully you resent another because you are unhappy and find it easier to hate, rather than work at you own life and find what truly makes you happy. It's where you choose to stay unhappy and feel righteous about your view. On a street level, I call that conning myself.
Of course, tv does a great job of playing us into that righteous view, whats even worse they are not even real people. Just actors representing some character, that follows the narrative of how someone has chosen to see others. This is where the well-known nursery rhyme kicks in, "I'm the king of the castle and you're the dirty rascal".
In observing our apparent envy, we can find the very cure for this malady sitting inside us.The true malady is unhappiness in our own life.Being happy is much like the gardener's job it requires that we put a certain effort into our particular setup. It's a full-time job that in some way we must enjoy if our goal is to be happy with ourselves. The good news is we each have a unique way of achieving that. Once we give up hating others we may find we have a lot of spare energy for our own joy.

The secret garden

new topics

join