It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

240,000 flee 'imminent' Bali volcano eruption

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I sure wish I had access to the seismometers near Mount Agung, but unfortunately the VG network has restricted access.
(True American: any chance you can see VG.TMKS.xHZ (not sure if it is EHZ or SHZ))

This Tribun Bali newspaper report does a nice job of listing the earthquakes by type during the past 24 hours.

The shallow volcanic type quakes are the ones which show magma rising higher under the volcano.
Here is a screen shot of the info. The last couple of earthquakes listed were cut off. (See the link above to read the full list) (P.S. This article is a few hours old.)

edit on 9/23/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: network dude
Is Climate Change to blame for this? I only ask because I feel like it will be sold that way before the day is over. MIght as well get it over with early.

Volcanos Are Climate Change.

Hush! You know that only humans do that.

... and if a volcano causes it ... well, it must have been humans' fault the volcano erupted.
edit on 23-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

The mountain doesn't look very happy does it?

I know that's no indication that it will blow, but I also know that Indonesia and the nations over there tend to monitor their mountains very, very closely because they do have so many active ones.

They would actually possibly be better at spotting an impending eruption than the US because they get a lot more practice than we do.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Is Climate Change to blame for this? I only ask because I feel like it will be sold that way before the day is over. MIght as well get it over with early.

You unhappy with immigration issues now? Just wait. It's 120 degrees in India? How long before they can't live there anymore?

How long before other parts of the planet become uninhabitable and people are forced to relocate?
You don't like it now? People coming here for economic opportunities? Wait until their choice is come or die. Just wait.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thing is that the climate on this planet has always changed. It's kind of what the climate does.

No one has any guarantee that the climate will remain stable, but that's the monumental hubris I hear out of people who believe in MMGW. "If we just stop living ... then the climate will stay perfect, and everything will be all sunshine and rainbows ..."

Thing is that climate changes aren't always gradual. There is good evidence in the record that they've been sudden in the past. So even if we all move back into caves tomorrow and subsist on raw vegetables pulled out of the bare earth, there is no guarantee that the current cycle nature is in won't continue and those things you fear wouldn't happen anyhow.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

(True American: any chance you can see VG.TMKS.xHZ (not sure if it is EHZ or SHZ))

I don't think he's been on ATS in a while. I will pass this on to him in his livestream (which is where he's been when he makes an appearance; usually daily.

btw, Olivine, I replied to your post here a while back, not sure if you saw it though.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Relying on what scientist have said, if there is any chance that we can effect these changes, we better listen to them, rather than relying on political entities. To do so is simply foolish.

monumental hubris I hear out of people who believe in MMGW. "If we just stop living ... then the climate will stay perfect, and everything will be all sunshine and rainbows ..."

That's ridiculous. Nobody says that.

edit on 9/23/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

In a roundabout way - the real cause is the decision to pull out of the Paris Accord.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

What if.... the whole ring.... is a massive.... super volcano....

More like massive plates sitting on volcano Earth. You probably seen this comparison, time lapse of a lava lake similar to plate action on Earth's surface. Massive plates of crust, plate boundaries and hot spots all floating on top of a molten kettle.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

That's the thing ... where does the science end with MMGW and the politics begin? Just because a scientist says a thing does not make them less susceptible to playing politics, and then you have idiots like Al Gore who are really politicians but play scientists to win Oscars.

I may not be the scientist in this house, but my husband is and he'd give you an earful on it all.

The first thing he's learned by sitting around a table with a bunch of Ph.D.s is that there is *never* consensus. They all have their own theories, especially on something based on computer models and theory like climate change.
edit on 23-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Following up on the referenced station, from TA in the chat of his live stream just now: "both the front door and back door are closed to me on VG network."

This means he tried the direct link and then also an indirect link he found by accident one day which did give him access to Italy and a few other networks.

He is going to keep trying to find a closer station to Agung, but for now we're are a little blind on SpectroNet in regards to this volcano. Though we do have monitors for Poas and Turrialba presently since those two are active.

Current stream here:

edit on 23-9-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dudeno no and no volcanoes can cause climate look up krakatoa and the year without summer fo examples but no they are not caused by climate change

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

What if.... the whole ring.... is a massive.... super volcano....

More like massive plates sitting on volcano Earth. You probably seen this comparison, time lapse of a lava lake similar to plate action on Earth's surface. Massive plates of crust, plate boundaries and hot spots all floating on top of a molten kettle.

Wow ! That video is cool.
It continuinally goes thru slow big plates moving in concert for a bit
followed brief rapid destruction of all "continents" and a forming of new large continents.
Extrapolate carry the 2= If continents do rapidly slip on top of mantle
It doesn't matter because we are all F'd AF.

edit on 23-9-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: slip slide and away

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grindhouzer

Lets hope it's minor because a full caldera eruption would be catastrophic for the region.

Bali relies heavily on income from tourists and this could put a dent in their GDP so the best that they hope it's not as bad as predicted.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Seems everything Corey Goode has been speaking about for years is finally coming to pass. Massive earthquakes, hurricanes, CME's. Now volcanoes. Those with an open mind would be wise to check out Cosmic Disclosure on Gaia and listen to what this guy has to say. Almost 30 hours of him laying it all out.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

Yup.
Never had any of those things before.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Previous recorded eruptions were in the years 1823, 1843, 1908, and 1963.
This volcano is fairly predictable given modern monitoring techniques.
Not as predictable as the old faithful geiser at Yellowstone but probably the safe zones are well known.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm just gonna put this out there for general response.

Mexico city is digging people out from under rubble from
a massive quake. And there have been other quakes posing
various threats.

We saw people in the U.S. flee an onslaught of massive
hurricanes by the thousands.

Now on the 23rd we have a volcano in Bali sending a half
million people from their homes and livelihoods.

And most of you don't see the threat level to your own
way of life at least being threatened a bit?

Blind skepticism? Fear? What?

Will there be a point the skeptics begin to back peddle?
What if a quake rocked L.A. tonight? Would any of you
ever consider the possibility of something more than
your own pityful knowledge at work here? Or would they
just blindly ride wave after wave of destructive humanity
and natural disasters to the bitter end?

Because if it's the latter then that certainly isn't knowledge.
In fact that would even make you someone not to listen to
EVER!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

And most of you don't see the threat level to your own way of life at least being threatened a bit?

Always. Every minute.

Getting on the freeway is a threat. Crossing the street is a threat. Sitting in my living room is a threat because a meteor could hit me.

There is no certainty in life. But religion helps some to rationalize that fact. Some ignore it. Some deny it. Others just face it and keep on living.

Which outlook makes the most sense?

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Al Gore is an idiot? You say?

Alrighty then. lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join