It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is Hastening ObamaCare Demise - Wants a Better HealthCare System ASAP.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they do get it passed premiums will drop like crazy..

EVERY other modern country on the planet has single payer and pays 1/3 of what we do for the same services..

Things don't get more expensive when you remove profit.. obviously.

Yeah, premiums will drop, and Medicare taxes will increase.

So lose/lose.

Actually, there's no need to "pass" anything at all. ObamaCare is collapsing on its own, and the Trump administration is hastening the process.

This is what happens when you get government involved with healthcare.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The numbers I gave represent my 20% of the total premium. The employer pays the other ~80%.

In the 90's i was paying $250/month in the latter half of the decade. So i had a $28 increase over the course of 10 years...then WHAM.

Im still walking a little funny, and I don't think its really going to change. Why in the hell did any of you guys who actually buy into the governmental system and vote allow this to happen in the first place? Had ya'll listened to us, life may not have been great. But at least it wouldn't suck like this. And by suck, i mostly refer to what is happening inside my wallet.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Id rather get out of the fire and return to the frying pan. My monthly insurance bill has gone from 278 a month to 656 a month in the last 7 years. That is 100% government at work.

How did it change the previous 7 years?

To get into specifics would require me to type out 10000+ words. And even then I likely wouldn't have gotten to the bottom of it, as hundreds of changes have happened to make our plans ACA compliant.

But I pay for all manner of services that MUST be included under ACA which I will never use. Things like birth control (we are nearing 50, and surgery removed fallopian tubes 2 decades ago when our last child was born).

Preventative care being 100% covered, even when what is being covered is very cheap, and would be best served as out of pocket or applying to the deductable. This stipulation assumes that people will recieve preventative care, and pay a $30 copay for an appointment that isn't physically necessary.

There are all these little add ons that, to me anyway, add no value at all to my health coverage. Things that I didn't used to have to pay for the risk of (thats all insurance is...you pay down on a risk assessment). Add to this that the companies try to balance their risk portfolio due to mandates that preclude exclusion based on pre-existing conditions...now i get to chip in to cover those costs for other people.

Another tidbit: prior to ACA the doctors office visit at my prior physician (i moved in May) was $50. Post ACA, the office visit went up to $160. This was mirrored at several other local physicians, as they realigned their fee schedule to maximize profits on the ACA model (where insurances companies now rule, and demand cash discounts). So anyone who is choosing to pay out of pocket, in addition to the penalty, also has increased costs overall due to providers raising prices to not lose too much profit to insurance companies demands for discounts.

We put satan in charge of administering healthcare....what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Granted, President Trump hasn't lived up to the little things, like not golfing much, but the number of hours he puts in a day more than compensates for the time spent enjoying recreational activities. He accomplishes more in a week than Congress does in a month.

That's counting 'poop tweets'?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you in a state that opted out of ACA?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

Id rather get out of the fire and return to the frying pan. My monthly insurance bill has gone from 278 a month to 656 a month in the last 7 years. That is 100% government at work.

This is my concern:

I had employer covered health insurance that cost about $12 a month. Yup, you read that correct. When that show ended, I was able to keep the same coverage via COBRA, but the out-of-pocket was around $500. That is absolutely outrageous for one person.

Looking at premiums under the ACA, I could get a reasonable plan for a little over $300. Add in the subsidy, and roughly 2/3 of that was cut, down to about a $100/month premium.

I can handle that.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Not to be tiresome, but i posted this a while back...it's still relevant to the conversation:

Had to pay a visit to emerg yesterday...nothing huge, but a concern and circumstances did not allow me to visit my GP, who is an hour away (I chose to keep my doctor when I moved outta town). Took about 3 hours...but that's ok, I did not require urgent care and there were those who did. Left with reassurance, advice, and a script, and all I had to do was flash my provincial health card. The script was covered by my employee health benefits. OK...for that I pay $25/year.
No co-pay, no hesitation about going, I brought a book because I knew there'd be a wait. I say this not to boast, just to reinforce the notion that there is another health care reality out there and you guys deserve it. But you're going to have to fight for it...right, left and centre (yes, that's how we spell it). Good luck to you, and good health!

I was informed in this thread that is because Canada is a supposed colony. Sure. That work for you? And if Health Care goes to the states instead of being administered by the Feds...how many of the poorer states will opt-out in order to cut the costs of doing business there? It's called a race to the bottom. You deserve better!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If state legislators addressed real problems, none of this would have happened. If pure capitalism is the answer for insurance, why didn't it happen before ACA? I lost a house in 2007 because my husband became disabled and we couldn't pay off 200k bills.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

EVERY other modern country on the planet has single payer and pays 1/3 of what we do for the same services..

So lose/lose.

Actually, there's no need to "pass" anything at all. ObamaCare is collapsing on its own, and the Trump administration is hastening the process.

TED CRUZ has come out against the Graham-Cassidy Repeal-Replace bill. So we're pretty much stuck with a failing ObamaCare.

Cruz Doesn't Support Repeal-Replace: www.politico.com...
edit on 9/24/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So lose/lose.

You mean this is what happens when government decides it wants its healthcare plan to fail so it can stop being involved in healthcare.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If state legislators addressed real problems, none of this would have happened. If pure capitalism is the answer for insurance, why didn't it happen before ACA? I lost a house in 2007 because my husband became disabled and we couldn't pay off 200k bills.

Obama wanted everyone (like your husband) to have access to health insurance. A noble desire, but the plan for accomplishing that was designed by bureaucrats. Medicare for the sick, and Private Insurance for the healthy, would have been sufficient. (Bureaucrats over-complicate everything.)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It is still a problem that requires fixing..

Healthcare is already too expensive for the average joe.. it's almost too much for the above average joe.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

A piece of that is, but ATLEAST half of that is part of the normal trend it was on..

Healthcare prices had been ballooning for years, which is why the ACA was a thing in the first place.

We made a fundamental mistake when we allowed a middleman to handle our entire medical industry.

They preform no medical function and take a 30%+ cut of every dollar spent on healthcare..

That was never a good idea.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Are you in a state that opted out of ACA?

Texas did.

However, that should have no bearing if i was paying solely for the risk assessment on insuring me and my family, and not several dozen other risk assessment applied to thousands of other insurance plans not related to me in any way.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

A piece of that is, but ATLEAST half of that is part of the normal trend it was on..

Healthcare prices had been ballooning for years, which is why the ACA was a thing in the first place.

We made a fundamental mistake when we allowed a middleman to handle our entire medical industry.

They preform no medical function and take a 30%+ cut of every dollar spent on healthcare..

That was never a good idea.

Dunno man...in 1994 when i first enrolled in health insurance, the monthly premium for the entire family was $254.

Healthcare costs were rising in some areas. But i could still buy into a "Cadillac Plan", and did, for a fraction of the cost. By the time I left that particular job in 1999 the cost had increased by a small margin.

By 2010 it was only $278 for the same employer, same plan (my wife worked there and we used their insurance). So over the course of 16 years prior to ACA there was an increase of around 16 (a dollar a year) in premium. Since 2010, its increased at a rate of $54.

Im just not seeing the scale you are trying to describe when I do basic math. If i add in the complete erosion of benefits and coverage, its even worse. My $500 deductible in 2010 is now $6000. My $5 copay is now $30. TO make room for the mandated preventative care, I now pay out of pocket for any treatments until my deductible is met. Meaning if i need a shot in the Dr office, itll cost me at least $160 in addition to my $30 copay. That didn't use to be the case. And we can get a plan that will make that not the case anymore. The price for that is $898/mo out of pocket (with my employer paying the other 80% of the plan).

Its like that box of cereal that costs just a little more, but has half the quantity in it. What we get for our money is rotting in front of our eyes. The value of the dollar is roughly 3 levels below the value of dogsh##.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I have a lot of questions for things that have defied common sense. But the bottom line is that we are directed, by media, to argue over things of no consequence so that the people we elect can continue to victimize us financially.

This NFL kneeling thing...completely inconsequential to anything resemebling day to day life. But my God is it ever an uproar. Same thing here.

Ill also add: if you vote for anyone from either party, you can blame yourself along with them. You are complicit in their crimes against our nation. They "rule" with our permission. And we the people are just stupid enough to let them keep doing it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ill also add: if you vote for anyone from either party, you can blame yourself along with them. You are complicit in their crimes against our nation. They "rule" with our permission. And we the people are just stupid enough to let them keep doing it.

Yeah, add me to that category.

I actually believed that they'd repeal Obamacare.

Man do I feel stupid.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Tons of dysfunctionality is occurring...from the top to the bottom of our country.

We could be witnessing the decline of America. Every civilization proceeds through growth/maturity/decline.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I live in Idaho. There is only one Party. The religious right. Dominated by evangelicals and Mormon who only vote for the anti abortion candidate. One Party, one issue. My vote doesn't count, but I vote anyway and always will.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: staticfl

Do you think repealing it would lead to the insurance companies returning the services for your children?!?!

Prices I haven't even seen any elected republicans claim repealing obamacare would lower prices.. just the mythical deficit based on little pieces of paper based on nothing .

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join