It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is Hastening ObamaCare Demise - Wants a Better HealthCare System ASAP.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Because Donald Trump didn't NEED this job, I disagree with your analysis that he's a cold, heartless President. But thanks for responding to my questions.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just to be clear, you're openly acknowledging that Trump's deliberately making it harder for people to get healthcare through the ACA, right?

That's one of the most significant things: willfully trying to keep a segment of the country from getting healthcare for a political purpose. Pretty sick.

I'd prefer that Trump simply goes to the Democrat and Republican leaders to work out a better system that delivers on his campaign promises, but at least he's showing restraint with the sabotage.

If President Trump really wanted to make ObamaCare totally collapse in less than 60 days, he would do what the Federal Judge has granted him the power to do. That is, he would cut off the "Cost Sharing Reduction" subsidies that the Obama administration illegally promised health insurance companies. Trump "threatens" to do this, to prod Congress to action, but Congress IS so ____________ that they don't care if he terminates this life-giving umbilical cord or not.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

If Congress does the right thing, a whole host of health insurance options will be available to you and your young child.

The HSA plans, which ObamaCare made illegal, pay 100% of all medication costs after you meet your $1500 plan deductible. All medical and prescription expenses go towards satisfying that $1500 deductible.

Those plans were made illegal in 2013, because they didn't offer "first dollar" benefits. President Obama was convinced by advisor Jonathan Gruber, that the public was too stupid to understand the concept of a plan that didn't have co-pays. Makes me angry just thinking about how they gave the American public such little intellectual credit. We were sheep to be cared for, as they saw fit. Nothing more...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Cygnis

If Congress does the right thing, a whole host of health insurance options will be available to you and your young child.

The HSA plans, which ObamaCare made illegal, pay 100% of all medication costs after you meet your $1500 plan deductible. All medical and prescription expenses go towards satisfying that $1500 deductible.

Those plans were made illegal in 2013, because they didn't offer "first dollar" benefits. President Obama was convinced by advisor Jonathan Gruber, that the public was too stupid to understand the concept of a plan that didn't have co-pays. Makes me angry just thinking about how they gave the American public such little intellectual credit. We were sheep to be cared for, as they saw fit. Nothing more...

Oh I'm very much aware of those old HSA plans...

I was happily on one for many years, even before my lil one needed the meds that I take.

Gotta love hereditary diseases.

My spouse used to have great health coverage. We didn't have any issues, costs were easily managed, and there were no holes and multiple layers, and insane deductibles.

There also wasn't the price gouging by the pharmaceutical companies, and the formularies were much friendlier to an extent.

The rampant greed now is intolerable, as it's all passed on to the lil people. $600x2/3months is steep. But they know we'll pay it 'cuz it's that or a pine box, or an unfathomably expensive hospital stay, about once a month.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In no way should it be acceptable to gamble with people's lives like this. If he has the power to alter so many aspects of it without congressional approval, then why can't he use that power to improve it while he waits for Congress to act?

Just to be clear, you're openly acknowledging that Trump's deliberately making it harder for people to get healthcare through the ACA, right?

That's one of the most significant things: willfully trying to keep a segment of the country from getting healthcare for a political purpose. Pretty sick.

It just proves that all of that "save American lives" talk is a lie. They want to spend billions on a stupid wall to "protect Americans from a foreign threat", but gleefully make it harder for the Americans within those borders to get the healthcare that would directly save American lives.
edit on 23-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Lets pass a new health care system just for the sake of removing Obama Care. It doesn't matter if it fails to address pre-existing conditions or other aspects that the majority of people in the U.S. want out of their health care system. Just because Trump and the GOP is so bent on replacing Obama Care, they want to rush this legislation through no matter if it doesn't address critical aspects of health related issues.

This is legislation that will affect every American, not just republicans. Legislation this important should be meticulously debated on the floor and in the public spot light. The public new more about the OJ Simpson trial than an issue that will directly effect all Americans. An issue affecting so many should be placed on the ballot for all Americans to decide. I would go so far to say that some parts of the health care legislation should also be decided by the public. These representatives, democrat or republican don't represent the majority of the people. They view legislation as a party win, or parts of it leaning more with a republican or democratic platform.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Trump is simply crippling a system that Congress refuses to fix. Medicare for all is on its way when the Dems take over.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I agree. Unless it works. If it works, congress will have to come together and enact something that works to "save" everyone. I sure as hell wouldn't go this route, but if it works, it will be hard to look back on it and say bad things. If it fails, just think of all the hatoraid you guys can guzzle. You will literally OD on the stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It will speed up the decline of American healthcare....

Nothing on that list addresses the actual problem. Prices...

Healthcare is like the DMV or Comcast. They have a monopoly so normal free market principles don't work.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I wonder when we'll hear the hue and cry that an American President is refusing to enforce our laws (the ACA)?

Oh that's right, we won't, because it's fine for the right-wing to pick and choose which laws are good and which are bad.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

i agree 100 %

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is government healthcare.

Just because Trump is head of the executive branch, shouldn't matter.

Everyone wanted government healthcare. . . well, you got it!

Enjoy.

edit on 23-9-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Dudemo5

The "campaign promise" you refer to, was a "beautiful healthcare system that covers everybody".
www.politico.com...

You're right, Trump DOES want to say that he kept campaign promises.

LOL. Glad to see Trump got specific there. What a joke.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is government healthcare.

Just because Trump is head of the executive branch, shouldn't matter.

Everyone wanted government healthcare. . . well, you got it!

Enjoy.

This isn't government healthcare.

This is a government subsidized public insurance system that THE GOVERNMENT is taking away.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The government is now in charge and is determining the scope and practice of your healthcare.

Enjoy your government healthcare.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The government is now in charge and is determining the scope and practice of your healthcare.

No they're not. They're suggesting they shouldn't be involved, as far as I can tell.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Tell yourself whatever you want.

Government is in charge of your healthcare now.

Isn't that what you wanted?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Granted, President Trump hasn't lived up to the little things, like not golfing much, but the number of hours he puts in a day more than compensates for the time spent enjoying recreational activities. He accomplishes more in a week than Congress does in a month.

And there are 535 of them. lol.

The ACA was a farce to begin with. Especially the $1 or was it $2 billion web site from Michelle's BFF in Canada.

Remember they said it was a stepping stone to "single payer," which means the govt is the single payer.

How many people lost their INS when that passed as a tax?

How affordable is it now?

Now we got Bernie and Warren et al calling for full blown commie death panels to a tune of $32 tril and it covers everyone that can get into the US.

Good luck with getting an appointment, too.

They want it like what that baby from the UK had to go through. The courts wouldn't let the parents take him to the USA!

And Kimmel, wtf?! He's teaming up with Schumer for talking points? Throwing BS about Graham-Cassidy on his show.

Who thinks these POS's lefties will enjoy their own version of healthcare they will make everyone else have to live with?

Why in hell does anyone think that is the best idea? Because everyone else does it? Good thing they all don't jump off a bridge. Oh wait, look at Venezuela and Cuba.

Yes, Trump is helping the ACA to pass on.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Enjoy your government healthcare.

Imagine the VA on it's worst day, only nation wide and the only game in town.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Tell yourself whatever you want.

You're the one making stuff up here, not me.

Government is in charge of your healthcare now.

The government was never in charge of healthcare. Not even with the ACA. However, what they are doing here is suggesting they go back to the same amount of "control over healthcare" that existed when there was no ACA. As in: None.

Isn't that what you wanted?

You're not the least bit interested in what I wanted. Don't pretend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join