It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phone tracing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Has anybody else heard of a website or phone number (in the UK) that can pinpoint the location of any mobile phone number??
I know its very Enemy Of The State but im sure ive heard of a one!!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have heard of software that is capable of doing it. I think it was used to
trace the unibomber here, but could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Has anybody else heard of a website or phone number (in the UK) that can pinpoint the location of any mobile phone number??

A number that you call and then can trace you while you are connected? Sure, the emergency police/fire/hospitals in the US are able to triangulate a person's position when they call in from a cell phone.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My Treo 600 has a gps type unit in it. It has a setting called 'Location Privacy'. If it is turned off, anybody can find the location of my phone. If it is turned on, only emergency services can find the location of the phone.

Its one of those things that is meant to help, but it also could be used in a bad way.

I have location privacy turned on. For all I know, it does nothing and everybody can still find me. Not knowing how it truly works, I am just going by ignorance and hoping it does what it says.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There's quite a few - though they need to be 'registered' to the phone using an SMS message:

Here are some:

www.findamobile.com

www.mstlocate.co.uk

www.followus.co.uk

www.traceamobile.com

new topics

top topics

join