It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Appreciation Of The Animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
One of my favourite bands of the 60's The Animals produced some classic songs ( although not all written by them ). Bands such as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones grabbed much of the attention at the time. However The Animals where in my opinion " Up there with them "

Some of their songs became a soundtrack to our American friends during the Vietnam War.

Bass player Chad Chandler was the chap who discovered Jimi Hendrix and bought him over to England. As they say " The rest is history "

Ray Manzarek keyboard player of " The Doors " saw Animal keyboard player Alan Price playing a Vox Continental Combo Organ. Manzarek said " I have to get me one of those " And he did.

So ladies and gentlemen i give you some of my favourite early Animal songs. Please feel free to add if you wish.

The bassline on this is......................

And on this.

And of course.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I found this one to be the coolest of the cool Animal tunes back in the day .

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Always loved the animals. Eric Burdon is a genius. My favorite album by them was Winds of Change. I bought this album as an import in Toronto, before it was released here in the US. When my brother joined the navy he stole it and took it with him.

I know this isn't the animals, but I always loved this song.

edit on 9/22/2017 by lonegurkha because: to add

edit on 9/22/2017 by lonegurkha because: to add

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Love the Animals!!!!
Most of the songs I would have posted are already here....but saw this...listening now!

new topics

top topics

join