It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Once Again Proven to be an Untrustworthy Asshat

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
this might be slightly off-topic and i'm generally not much of a stickler but i've seen it a couple times...

the expression is toe the line, not tow the line.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: Metallicus

No worries. He won't be around much longer before he succumbs to his brain cancer.

What a horrible thing to say. You post on a board and make light of someone with brain cancer? That is really pathetic.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
It amazing how many here are bashing a handful of senators for not supporting a partisan Bill. It's not Mcains fault, it's the Damm Bills fault.

Here's an Idea get a bill that 35%-40% of Republicans can support AND 35-40% of Democrats can support. Then you won't have to worry about a handful of people spoiling your perfect healthcare bill

......I know it's a crazy idea, what's wrong with me

They tried that. The bi-partisan meeting of the Senators, started on September 5th, lasted 2 weeks, and then fell apart, due to too many differences that couldn't be bridged. There's a HUGE chasm between ObamaCare (Democrats) and Free Market (Republicans).

In a statement, Alexander said he and Democratic Sen. Patty Murray "have worked hard and in good faith, but have not found the necessary consensus among Republicans and Democrats to put a bill in the Senate leaders' hands that could be enacted."

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pavil

You don't understand.
It reeks of Obama. It must be destroyed. That is all that matters.

There are parts of the ACA that have merit, there are things that can be added or changed to it to make it or whatever you want to call it (Trump Care) better and more viable. Could we negotiate drug prices , tort reform for Dr.s getting sued, selling across state lines, streamlined computerized billing, pricing upfront on treatments. I'm sure I'm missing a dozen more improvements.

But let's not work together and tear it apart every election or two........

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I agree with you. So does McCain.

It's that Obama part that seems to be the problem with some people. Just can't get past it.

edit on 9/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Your source:

Murray, in a statement, said she had made some "tough concessions" in the talks, when it came to giving states more flexibility under Obamacare. She was disappointed that Republican leaders had decided to "freeze" the bipartisan approach "but I am confident that we can reach a deal if we keep working together, and I am committed to getting that done."

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

No worries. He won't be around much longer before he succumbs to his brain cancer.

What a horrible thing to say. You post on a board and make light of someone with brain cancer? That is really pathetic.

There are ATS members here who support "celebrities" that want to see President Trump dead. Sad indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

For the good of the 10 million who pay for ObamaCare, they might as well fire up the talks again.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Then a pox on both parties. I'm sick of the "my way or the highway" mentality of both parties.

We have to find a better way. Vote them all out if they can't do the job. I find it incomprehensible that both sides can't reach a consensus as to what should be a basic policy for all Americans, not a political football for either side to use.

Do Americans need good health, yes.

Should Americans have health coverage that all can afford,yes.

Should a major health care incident bankrupt a Family, no.

Should Americans have equal access to treatments and drugs, yes.

Should we spend more on preventing diseases rather than treating them, yes.

Are any of theses radical ideas?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I would say that it's for the good of the country for Congress to lose the partisan crap when it comes to peoples' lives.

When did the term moderate become an epithet?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

There are ATS members here who support "celebrities" that want to see President Trump dead. Sad indeed.

Grow up man. I think you are better than trying to make some high school counter argument to that crap. Clearly you have never had someone close to you suffer from such horrible disease or you wouldn't try to condone the answer with, "well they said it first." I thought you were one of the adults around here.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
While these clowns in DC keep pushing personal agendas, my premiums and deductible keeps rising. They're doing nothing to help my family or countless others.

Burn down the establishment. Seriously, nuke the bitch. These schmucks care not about the common man.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Wasn't Trump going to do that.
Easy, so easy.

Health care is easy. Oh wait, no...it's complicated. Right?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It's easy in theory.

It's more than complicated when the entire establishment is in the pockets of Big Pharma and the lobbying industry. Trump likely didn't realize how corrupt both the DNC and GOP is.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Trump likely didn't realize how corrupt both the DNC and GOP is.

There's a lot that Trump didn't realize. About reality.
Reality TV? Now that's another matter.

What's his latest clever name for Kim, btw?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ok so far the only thing someone likes about the Republicans healthcare plan is "freedom". Seriously? That's the top thing you want out of your health coverage plan? Not ease of access, low cost of premium, deductible or doctor visit, full coverage no caps or pre existing, choice of treatments and doctors. None of that matters more than "Freedom"?¿¿?!

C'mon let's hear why the Republican plan is great. Will it lower costs of premiums and deductibles? Will it cover more people with higher limits? Will it have more doctors and hospitals to pick from? Will it cover the vast majority of Americans with equal coverage?

Give me a reason to vote for the Republican plan. Tell me how it is better than working with Democrats and getting a better deal for Americans?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
While these clowns in DC keep pushing personal agendas, my premiums and deductible keeps rising. They're doing nothing to help my family or countless others.

Burn down the establishment. Seriously, nuke the bitch. These schmucks care not about the common man.

I agree. It's time to hold insurance companies and their capitalist policies accountable. But it is just a function of the capitalist system, right? I mean, they should be able to charge us whatever they want because its the capitalist way, right? Oh, you were talking about politicians.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nor could I support it without knowing how much it will cost, how it will affect insurance premiums, and how many people will be helped or hurt by it.

So do you support politicians passing laws without knowing the ramifications of said laws?

Reminds me of when Pelosi said "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it".

They have to pass it to see what's in it!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Your post is worthy of 5 stars. Your bullet-points are not unreasonable at all. The most prosperous nation on Earth should NOT have citizens struggling, or worse, due to medical bills. It's sad that Americans are able to vote for the people we want, yet have such horrible outcomes.

My gut instinct is that Donald Trump will partner with Schumer/McConnell/Pelosi/Ryan to greatly improve the medical care delivery system. It won't take that long to get the improvements rolling either.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm concerned that both sides of DC are up to their neck in corruption, not about reality tv.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join