It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Once Again Proven to be an Untrustworthy Asshat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
He is incapacitated by brain cancer. He is not his usual self. There really should be a rule that says no senator who suffers from brain cancer can continue to hold office.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Phooey...

When it came to war Congress were more than happy to work with Obama...

Im sure the Dems will do the same for President Trump.

edit on 22-9-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Removed apostrophe!

+17 more 
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Heaven forbid they would compromise for the good of the country.

Right, like the GOP did with Obama.

Still I consider McCain one of my brothers in Arms unlike that draft dodging POS Trump.
edit on 22-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Mr. McCain, who killed the previous repeal effort with his dramatic “no” vote in July, released a statement saying that he could not “in good conscience”...

Salient point, McCain talking about a conscience.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So true, I wasn't calling out the left in general just as of the last election.
We have heard so many politicians at election time claim wanting to reach across the isle.
Never once has one addressed why the isle even exists.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Now I wonder why Rand would say something like that?

Let's see: A first time politician makes personal attacks against a sitting Senator, then wonders why that Senator won't support his agenda. I think Rand summed up his positions on Trump pretty clearly here:

And here:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So true, I wasn't calling out the left in general just as of the last election.
We have heard so many politicians at election time claim wanting to reach across the isle.
Never once has one addressed why the isle even exists.

Schumer and Pelosi wanted to work with Trump on DACA ... didn't you see all the Press?

LOL ... it's bread and circuses, just as it ever was.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Bluntone22

Heaven forbid they would compromise for the good of the country.

Right, like the GOP did with Obama.

Still I consider McCain one of my brothers in Arms unlike that draft dodging POS Trump.

Just out of curiosity, did you like the draft dodger clinton?
And I was speaking of the left currently.
Who shall be the first to take the high road?

link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

You are mistaking Paul Ryan's statement for Rand Paul. Paul Ryan (congressman and Speaker of the House) said those words, not Rand Paul.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It could definitely be argued and I don't doubt that one bit.

Does that mean we should advocate that kind of thing with this bill too?
edit on 9/22/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
guy has brain cancer, that should automatically get him removed..

unfit he is

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
At least he has the balls to do the right thing. This bill sucks, and they all know it sucks.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The guy just had #in' brain surgery. How is he still serving in office!?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The guy just had #in' brain surgery. How is he still serving in office!?

Speaking as an amateur internet scientist, I can calmly and rationally tell you (with all confidence) that the brain of the sub-species homo politicus is vestigial in nature and serves no purpose.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Maybe the brain surgery made him smarter? I agree with him, we shouldn't support or oppose a law unless we know what the effects of it will be.
edit on 9/22/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

LOL Maybe I'm getting mixed up too, then. Rand Paul opposes the current healthcare legislation, just like McCain. So I thought the person I was responding to was making a point that Rand Paul was just blindly opposing Trump, and was using that quote as evidence.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didn't hear the same vehemence when Paul said he wouldn't support this. Why the difference?

A history of disappointing lies from McCain. Rand Paul never was a repeal and replace proponent, he was purely repeal, so at least he's consistent. McCain, however, has been all over the place on this argument, and his word has been proven to be worth nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Khaleesi

LOL Maybe I'm getting mixed up too, then. Rand Paul opposes the current healthcare legislation, just like McCain. So I thought the person I was responding to was making a point that Rand Paul was just blindly opposing Trump, and was using that quote as evidence.

LOL Rand Paul does oppose it but he did not make the statements the other poster attributed to him. I think Rand Paul opposes it on principle. McCain actually ran for re-election on repealing Obamacare so I'm just guessing that he opposes it because Trump is for it. He's just that kinda guy. I have mixed feelings on the issue. There are some serious problems that need to be addressed but congress isn't really concerned about what's best for their constituents. Most of them care more about if it will keep them in power and lining their pockets.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Good. Healthcare proposals with only one party voting for them are not what we need. We need a bipartisan proposal that won't be dismantled the next time power changes in Washington.

Imagine if Medicare changed every 4 to 8 years. Obamacare didn't work out, neither will a Republican only version.

Healthcare is a Bipartisan concern. It should be a bipartisan solution.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

McCain is living up to his reputation as the "Maverick" of the Senate. He put principles above his friendship with Lindsay Graham.

Then again...McCain could suddenly come back next week and say, "Hey Mitch.. Let's vote to repeal this horrible law! What's taking so long? We've voted 30 times before to repeal it. It ain't that hard to do!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join