It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Once Again Proven to be an Untrustworthy Asshat

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In politics, there is no loyalty. I believe posts here said it best in that the only thing that changes in Washington are the nameplates on the doors. We're simple the masses that are exploited every 4 years for their gain.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Holy crap...how is this John McCain's fault?

The GOP had to change the rules of the Senate, abandon regular order, revoke debate etc. etc. to put together a bill without review or committee input, in SECRET to get this far and they want to pass the bill without even waiting for a CBO score??

The GOP have had 7 plus years to come up with an alternative to Obamacare and all they have come up with are ideas that are MUCH WORSE...AND THEY KNOW IT...Desperate to pass it before the CBO tells the public how crappy the bill is.

What a complete cluster-eff..

You know why Senator Grassley said he was voting for it?

"You know, I could maybe give you 10 reasons why this bill shouldn't be considered," the Iowa Republican said.
"But Republicans campaigned on this so often that you have a responsibility to carry out what you said in the campaign. That's pretty much as much of a reason as the substance of the bill."

WOW...

Sure...Healthcare represents 20% of the US economy...effects EVERYONE...but WTF, lets just pass something without running the numbers, debating or following the rules of the Senate. Why?...cuz it was part of our campaign rhetoric!

Top doctor, hospital, and insurance groups release joint statement urging the Senate to reject Graham-Cassidy bill
www.businessinsider.com...

But what the hell do Doctors and Hospitals know about Healthcare?...Republican Senators know better.

New health-care plan stumbles under opposition from governors
www.washingtonpost.com... 7-9083-fbfddf6804c2_story.html

But what the hell do Governors know?

Or what about the people?

Poll: Only 12% of Americans support the Senate health care plan
www.usatoday.com...

Holly hell..The only people that appear to love this plan are the GOP in DC and Trump.

It is not McCain, Cruz, Muroiwski, Paul etc. fault the bill was written by idiots who only know how to rile up angry folks to get elected.

edit on 25-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Explain how Japan has been able to give everyone healthcare and come in for MRI's instead of XRays. Their govt. is in no more debt than ours and their people have better access to healthcare without going bankrupt.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Explain how Japan has been able to give everyone healthcare and come in for MRI's instead of XRays. Their govt. is in no more debt than ours and their people have better access to healthcare without going bankrupt.

It worked in the past because Japan is largely a homogeneous society. Their people traditionally share a single culture and shared values. Diversity is the sword of Damocles in matters of federal expenditures and budgets.

I say in the past because it's looking like even Japan's homogeny isn't going to save their healthcare system from modern cost inflation.
www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Insurance industries will fall. They cannot continue to be the middle man and build an empire of wealth while denying people coverage. Hospital systems will take over the middle man role and insurance companies will fall in to oblivion, as they should.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Japanese people lead healthier lifestyles. Their hospitalization rate is very low.

You can tell from the volume of prescription commercials on television that the u.s. population has some serious health problems.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You can tell from the volume of prescription commercials on television that the u.s. population has some serious health problems.

THAT is the problem. The idea that Pharmaceutical companies spend BILLIONS to market to consumers telling them to take their drugs.

In a legitimate healthcare system, doctors would determine what medications a patient needs, not the patient.

Ever wonder why Pharmaceutical companies are selling to you, when you are not the one legally able to write the prescription?

So many things wrong when being sick is a profit center to a Trillion Dollar Industry.
edit on 25-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

THAT is the problem. The idea that Pharmaceutical companies spend BILLIONS to market to consumers telling them to take their drugs.

In a legitimate healthcare system, doctors would determine what medications a patient needs, not the patient.

So many things wrong when being sick is a profit center to a Trillion Dollar Industry.

I remember a few years ago during a State of the Union Address where President Obama tasked Joe Biden with curing cancer. I don't think anybody in the medical industry, or our political system, wants to cure cancer. Too much money changing hands that enable opulent lifestyles.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Japanese people lead healthier lifestyles. Their hospitalization rate is very low.

Absolutely NOT! The volume of prescription commercials relate directly to deregulation and the allowance of Pharma commercials in the USA. The USA is more over medicated than any country that ever existed. Part of our medical issues stem from the side effects from these medicines and the lack of Doctors to address nutrition and exercise with their patients and instead throw pills at them, while getting vacations in Hawaii for doing so. Our family has nurses and Doctors in it and I know what I'm talking about.

Take away the incentives for Docs to process people by medicating them and do some real doctoring with the help of dietitians and physical therapists and you'll solve the problem of healthcare costs. The Pharma and insurance companies are parasites on our heath.
edit on 25-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, hence the illegality of Cannibis and Cannibis Oil in many states.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Do you think Senator McCain wishes now that he had worked harder to cure cancer instead of looking the other way and accepting so many donations from the medical industry?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Republicans had a GOLDEN opportunity to fix Healthcare and ensure they would dominate 2018 and probably 2020.

Instead they had 7 years to come up with poo to fling at the wall and call it a plan.

This is a major mistake from the Republicans and I usually side with them.

They have blown this one so far.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CynConcepts

I know.
Tell that to the guy I was replying to.

Question; what would this latest attempt by the Republicans do to Medicaid?

Sorry, somehow missed this post! I may repeat others since then, but I wanted to respond. I realize that individual states will vary. Some states will get federal funds, others, like my state will actually lose federal funding. Those states that lose funding, may very well have to increase their state taxes to keep the current status of care or even expand.

It may be my limited tribal instinct, but I rather pay more state taxes than federal taxes for medicaid or health care. My reasoning is that as a voter, I have more input of voting representatives from my own district, who actually understand my concerns. Nationally, I am null and void, compared to high populated urban cities.

For example: My cousins in California, think that I am a mega millionaire, based on how I live, my home and my land. I am not. I am thrifty but costs are quite different here in my precise locale. Each state is quite different in population, infrastructure, etc. that is why medical assistance needs to be done individually by states and not federally. And yes, even charities and other non-profits can balance out assistance when actually needed.

My point basically is it is similar to buying clothes that really fit. You can go to Walmart, or you can go to a specialty store if you are petite, big, or tall. Who will actually understand and assist you better?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

I remember a few years ago during a State of the Union Address where President Obama tasked Joe Biden with curing cancer. I don't think anybody in the medical industry, or our political system, wants to cure cancer. Too much money changing hands that enable opulent lifestyles.

And I remember reading about medical researchers at the University of Pittsburgh developing a new technique to fight cancer. I think it was de-clawing an aggressive virus like AIDs, so it could not do any damage, then telling it to attack cancerous tumors and then "infecting" dying cancer patients. They had a few cases where the patient would go into a fever and then come out of it a few days later with cancer and tumors gone. The virus lives harmlessly in the cancer survivors body and only kicks into action and attacks any cancer cells if they re-appear.

The challenge? It was a "method"..an alteration of a virus that already exists..They could not patent it, so no money to be made and the team was struggling to get anyone at all to back their research. "Methods" of curing cancer don't make money, the Chemotherapy drugs? Gold-mine!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
The Republicans had a GOLDEN opportunity to fix Healthcare and ensure they would dominate 2018 and probably 2020.

Instead they had 7 years to come up with poo to fling at the wall and call it a plan.

You’re absolutely right.

It’s clear they don’t want to help people and just can’t bring themselves to doing the right thing.

Rather than fixing something, they want to present something that’s worse!

You’re right again,IF they would have sincerely tried to fix it they would have gotten re-elected many times over. Now the people see they can't be trusted with power

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Susan Collins just announced a no vote

twitter.com...

The bill may be dead now

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You can't "fix" ObamaCare. It's an absolute LEMON. A comprehensive Medicare-4-All system would be far more efficient, and actually cost LESS, over the next 10 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: pavil

You’re absolutely right.

It’s clear they don’t want to help people and just can’t bring themselves to doing the right thing.

Rather than fixing something, they want to present something that’s worse!

You’re right again,IF they would have sincerely tried to fix it they would have gotten re-elected many times over. Now the people see they can't be trusted with power

It embarrassing as a Republican voter to see how truly unprepared McConnell and Ryan are with actually running things. Common sense would have told you after bragging about it for so long that they better deliver on healthcare. It needed to be an improvement in every aspect to the ACA and it's not even as good as the ACA. Letting States decide preexisting coverage and all of that is meaningless if this isn't an improvement over the ACA. It will still cost too much and not cover enough people.

I really hope they don't get enough votes as we need a Bipartisan solution for Healthcare. Two heads are definitely better than one when you have brainless people in both parties.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Agreed. Not sure why this wasn't done in the first place. All the infrastructure was already in place. Probably because they let the Insurance Industry write the legislation!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just saw Senator Cassidy on Wolf Blitzer stating that people in his state pay 30 to 40 thousand a year in health care premiums. What planet is he on? I sold plans on the marketplace. The highest ones were 14,000 which is still a lot, but nowhere close to 30 to 40 thousand. He said it twice so I know it's not a slip up on his part.

edit on 25-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join