It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Once Again Proven to be an Untrustworthy Asshat

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
They say that looking death in the eye can change ones' perspective.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lucidparadox
They say that looking death in the eye can change ones' perspective.

Yeah my opinion also changed on him due to a video someone posted here recently. It was really good. It showed that even before he was staring death in the eye.. back in 08 when he was facing Obama in the election.. he was at open forums and his supporters would trash obama... and he would call out his own supporters and defend o bama. It was super classy.

Mccain might just be a really good guy all around who just prefers to save money.

+1 to him though

Maverick all the way

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: burdman30ott6
WTF was his problem this time!? The plan actually looked quite good and returned all the matters to the states. AT this point I would just be happy to have the Wild West days of health insurance back. I do recall premiums being so much lower then.

So you want pre existing conditions, caps on coverage, being denied coverage......do I need to go on? My high deductible coverage I had back then was pretty crappy unless you got really sick you never utilized it and if that happened, God forbid, it STILL wasn't enough to cover you for anything really major like Cancer.

Don't make it sound like pre ACA days were some good times, they sucked too. The biggest pool of people will yield the best possible theoretical prices. It's just that US healthcare cost went loony decades ago and we have never addressed the reasons why.

The greatest nation on Earth can't figure out healthcare when all the rest of the industrialized world has?

Again I ask tell me your 3 favorite things about the Republican plan?

The only things I have heard people on this thread like about it is Freedom and turning it all back to the States. Neither of those is anything to do with actual care.

Explain to me why I should like the Republican plan and how it will improve my coverage and cost of insurance?

Mind you, I'm a Trump supporter and a conservative.

If you want good coverage for the average American so they don't go bankrupt or not get care if they have a major health issue, tell me 3 great healthcare related things about the Republican plan?

edit on 23-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

WTF was his problem this time!? The plan actually looked quite good and returned all the matters to the states. AT this point I would just be happy to have the Wild West days of health insurance back. I do recall premiums being so much lower then.

So you want pre existing conditions, caps on coverage, being denied coverage......do I need to go on? My high deductible coverage I had back then was pretty crappy unless you got really sick you never utilized it and if that happened, God forbid, it STILL wasn't enough to cover you for anything really major like Cancer.

Don't make it sound like pre ACA days were some good times, they sucked too. The biggest pool of people will yield the best possible theoretical prices. It's just that US healthcare cost went loony decades ago and we have never addressed the reasons why.

The greatest nation on Earth can't figure out healthcare when all the rest of the industrialized world has?

The only things I have heard people on this thread like about it is Freedom and turning it all back to the States. Neither of those is anything to do with actual care.

Explain to me why I should like the Republican plan and how it will improve my coverage and cost of insurance?

If you want good coverage for the average American so they don't go bankrupt or not get care if they have a major health issue, tell me 3 great healthcare related things about the Republican plan?

Yeah, no one even cares what is in the bill. They just want anything with Obama's name on it gone. They don't even know why they want it other than that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: pavil

Yeah, no one even cares what is in the bill. They just want anything with Obama's name on it gone. They don't even know why they want it other than that.

I don't get it... I'm actually agreeing with people on this thread that normally here I oppose. Private run Insurance has not worked for all of America, the ACA had some good basic tenents, but the funding mechanism was designed to blow up after Obama's second term. The exchange was horribly implemented and run.

That all being said, I'm ready to try something else. Totally private insurance didn't work for everyone, totally public has many issues too.

We need a healthcare plan in America where everyone pays a portion of their normal doctor visit stuff, perhaps with private insurance options for those things. Why any American should have to pay more than 10% of their income for basic Healthcare escapes me. Making a lower income person pay an arm and a leg percentage wise of their income for care is wrong. Making any American pay that much is wrong. We have to figure this out. Prices as we have seen, continue to climb and climb steeply.

We also need some sort of safety net for when people get truly sick, no American should get bankrupt trying to stay alive from health issues, were better than that. That's where I see a Medicare for all type program.

We also need to have a mechanism that rewards people for healthy type actions and looks more to prevent certain diseases rather than just merely treating them for life once they occur. Imagine how much savings in healthcare we would have if Americans were just 20% more fit, less fat ect?

This isn't rocket scientist stuff here if I can figure some solutions. You mean to tell me Congress can't figure out similar things?

BS.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I don't get it... I'm actually agreeing with people on this thread that normally here I oppose.

That's the first step, and highlights the problem: people (both citizenry and elected officials) have been so conditioned (or rather corrupted) by partisanship, that one party feels they have to oppose anything the other party proposes or supports. Partisan media pundits (24/7 "news") fuel this.

It's toxic, and it's stubborn, because people can't see through, or put aside, the partisanship to form an actual solution. It's all about popularity, votes, the base—and the party—above most everything else.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: DBCowboy

So yeah, they got it. They won. They got their way. Nothing I can do about it.

Try this...

Stop the whine fest, call your broker and invest in Farmers or Travelers or some other ins. carrier.

It's the American way!!!

Not whining at all.

I am acknowledging that you won!

This has shown that republicans are just as worthless as democrats.

I am acknowledging defeat.

I lost.

But but but where at war and i was going to lose, lol dont change.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Donald Trump won , America loses.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ah, so he's an asshat for thinking rationally rather than thinking blindly and partisanly. Got it.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Donald Trump won , America loses.

I hope you're doing your best to make America WIN in 2020, Spider879.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Don't you get tired of that "winning" crap? I know I'm tired of winning.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: jtma508

Not only that, the Republicans have made the repeal and replace of Obamacare their counterpoint legislation for seven years ...

... and they've failed once again. SO much losing.

And the fact that John McCain is the primary weak-link, was pointed out by President Trump yesterday, and this morning.

President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday morning that he believes that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) never intended to vote for the Graham-Cassidy Obamacare repeal bill. However, he believes that Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Rand Paul (R-KY) can save the day by voting for the bill and fulfilling Republicans’ seven-year promise to repeal and replace Obamacare.
Source: www.breitbart.com...
edit on 9/24/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Don't you get tired of that "winning" crap? I know I'm tired of winning.
en.wikipedia.org...

I was coddled in a cocoon of prosperity in 1974. The "WIN" buttons were never ordered by Michigan politicians. Your link is the first time I've heard of that program. Since Gerald Ford was from Michigan, it's strange that no one there wore the WIN buttons.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The Prez just Paid a Visit to John McCain's House.......John knows the REAL Score Now.....

edit on 24-9-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
After his 20th vote to Repeal ObamaCare in 2016, McCain explains why it is a "Complete Failure".

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

PREDICTION: HILLARY & HUMA = Cell Block-H. WILLIAM(Bill) & WEINER = Cell Block-W.p

How's that "Prediction" coming along

At what point do you finally accept that you were played for your vote?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Caring for fellow human beings never makes a person an asshat. Not in my book, anyhow.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Phage

It's easy in theory.

It's more than complicated when the entire establishment is in the pockets of Big Pharma and the lobbying industry. Trump likely didn't realize how corrupt both the DNC and GOP is.

He could of asked us..... I would've been happy to help him understand why I was voting Paul all those years. Liar statistics I am sure favor neither of the two major political party members over another.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Phage

I'm concerned that both sides of DC are up to their neck in corruption, not about reality tv.

Nice redirection of a deflection comment and spot on you are!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Collins: 'Very difficult for me to envision a scenario' where she backs GOP health care bill

Sen. Susan Collins said Sunday morning that it would be "very difficult for me to envision a scenario" where she would vote for Republicans' latest plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, but the Maine Republican said she wanted to wait for a Congressional Budget Office score of the Graham-Cassidy bill before rendering a final decision.

Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R, also hasn't announced where she stands.

If Sen. Collins or Sen. Murkowski are a No on this Repeal effort, they won't have the votes, even with Pence, to pass.

Hoping for a No on this abomination of a health care bill. Inhumane, cruel and without compassion seem to be the guiding principles of the GOP now.

Kill the Bill.

Source

edit on 24-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join