It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Once Again Proven to be an Untrustworthy Asshat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Senator John McCain of Arizona announced on Friday that he would oppose the latest proposal to repeal the Affordable Care Act, leaving Republican leaders with little hope of succeeding in their last-ditch attempt to dismantle the health law.

Mr. McCain, who killed the previous repeal effort with his dramatic “no” vote in July, released a statement saying that he could not “in good conscience” support the latest proposal, by Senators Bill Cassidy of Louisiana and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who is Mr. McCain’s closest friend in the Senate.

“I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal,” Mr. McCain said. “I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried. Nor could I support it without knowing how much it will cost, how it will affect insurance premiums, and how many people will be helped or hurt by it.”

You know, I defended the man as a human being a few months back when some were voicing joy over his brain cancer diagnosis... now I'm sort of feeling a bit of buyer's remorse.

Songbird, in attempting to defend his indefensible 'no' vote on the first Obamacare repeal/replace vote, attempted to use the excuse that he needed his governor's support to vote in favor of the repeal. Earlier this week, AZ Governor Doug Ducey tweeted that the Cassidy-Graham bill was the best chance we had to repeal and replace Obamacare and urged all of Congress to vote in favor of the bill... well John, there's your governor's support but where the hell are you? Behind the lines stabbing your own allies in the back as usual, you worthless excuse for a lawmaker. It boggles my mind that McCain has been protected from being tossed out of DC on his ass all these years by Lindsey Graham, yet today Songbird stabbed his closest ally in the back with this disloyalty.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

McCain is the Nancy Pelosi of Republicans.

They need to put a muzzle on him or suffer the consequences.

+43 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

he's not the only Rep who opposed it...

+48 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nor could I support it without knowing how much it will cost, how it will affect insurance premiums, and how many people will be helped or hurt by it.

So do you support politicians passing laws without knowing the ramifications of said laws?

Reminds me of when Pelosi said "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it".
edit on 9/22/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Obamacare is an entitlement program that favors the politicians in DC.

It's never going away.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have no love for mc"rino" but I can't say I disagree with him.
Why replace one turd with another turd?

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nor could I support it without knowing how much it will cost, how it will affect insurance premiums, and how many people will be helped or hurt by it.

So do you support politicians passing laws without knowing the ramifications of said laws?

Reminds me of when Pelosi said "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it".

It could be argued that every single law they pass in DC is like that.

link   

@#$% john mccain i hate him as much as i hate hillary clinton...damn I guess I have hate for 2 things in the entire universe. Its a battle to know who i hate and disrespect more...john mccain or hillary clinton . Notice I dont capitalize either of their names on purpose.

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I didn't hear the same vehemence when Paul said he wouldn't support this. Why the difference?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I really don't know what to think anymore. I do know that neither party is worth jack. Premiums are going up, peoples insurances are being dropped. People cant go to the doctor unless they sign over their house along with their first born. I was reading this article and stumbled on this onefreebeacon.com... . There are a lot of people carrying others on their backs and no one seems to give a fluck about them. These people have to make sacrifices because they aren't eligible for subsidies. What a screwed up system.

+47 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes, god forbid a Senator vote their conscience instead of towing the party line.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Yes, god forbid a Senator vote their conscience instead of towing the party line.

Oh come now, senators don't have consciences.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He's just pissed because the only people voting for him are the locals. He needs to go. Has he been hanging with Mad Maxine by any chance??

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well Paul has been caught on hot mic saying he will oppose anything trump and never support him "not now" "not tomorrow" "not ever"...so we expect that from him. We had some hopes with McCain mainly by giving him the benefit of the doubt but apparently he doesn't even deserve that. Both of them are a couple of douche bags.

Anyone without their own opinion and that can be bought is and always will be a bi*%*$ in my book.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2017 by eisegesis because: never mind...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I didn't hear the same vehemence when Paul said he wouldn't support this. Why the difference?

Paul is about as libertarian as his father. As such, I wouldn't expect him to support anything that repealed one piece of legislation and replaced it with more legislation.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Apparently, at least one does, motivated perhaps in part by his own situation and very possible imminent death.

Whatever works to keep these Republican abominations from being enacted.

Perhaps now they'll be ready to work with the rest of the Congress to get something done.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think many politicians on the left have made it perfectly clear that they will not be working with trump or the republicans.
Heaven forbid they would compromise for the good of the country.

+36 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think many politicians on the left have made it perfectly clear that they will not be working with trump or the republicans.
Heaven forbid they would compromise for the good of the country.

You mean, like the Republicans 2008-2017 wouldn't work with the Obama Administration?

Yeah, Congress is a mess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join