It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart tests direct-to-fridge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can't wait to see the results on this.
All these strangers going into people homes to put groceries in their fridges
while nobody's home.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The app notifies you when they are at your home and you can watch a live feed of the service inside your home.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Ah.....yea, I m going to spend a thousand bucks ( plus a large monthly monitoring fee) on a security system with multiple real time cameras just so I can watch some kid put groceries in my fridge on my cell phone.

I don't think so and most people won't either.

Buck

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So they live stream the recon and grocery drop off then come back at a later date for the goodies they scoped out during work.

I don't trust anyone I don't personally know enough to use this service.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Come on guys, people won't abuse this. You know people won't abuse this. Only good people will be hired for the job, wal mart promises. What can possibly go wrong/s

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I read as far as "Smart-Lock". No. Hell no. No way in hell. An unknown in my abode and in my absence? I think not!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Your not thinking of the picture. Myself and you op won't be using it because we won't need to. If walmart was forcing this on us. Then yes I would state my displease with this.

How about the elderly. The physical and mental challenge folks. It's not as easy for them to go to the grocery store like it is for us. Those are the people that will take advantage of the service. Or the extremely lazy.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Jeez what's next, Hooter's sending waitresses over to serve the dinner they bring?

I guess I'm still undecided on this whole in house service thing ......

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Anyone here remember when you first heard about self-serve gas stations? I remember thinking that would never happen. What's going to keep people from filling up and driving off? I mean I seriously thought that was a bad idea. I was so wrong.

Never say never!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Shopping for groceries can be a hassle for my busy family. We need to make the time to go to the store, make sure we find everything on our list (and a few things that likely weren’t), lug them home and then put them away.
blog.walmart.com...

It's not like they have to go out and hunt # down to survive. Drive the Prius to the stores for food and put it in the cupboard.

We're hitting rock bottom soon.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
Jeez what's next, Hooter's sending waitresses over to serve the dinner they bring?

Sign me up!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I bet its good for old people. They don't have to leave the house and risk breaking a hip and they get company to yell at to put the groceries in the right spot.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If humans are involved, and they are, this will end up in murder, rape and thievery.

Sad but it will happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

I'm ok with Hooters' waitresses serving me wings when I'm home. The Walmart, thing ummmmm no.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Kind of pairs well with the Cannabis industry, if your too wasted to get of the couch, munchies delivered to the sofa. Wish I lived in Colorado or one of the liberated states, I would love to open a dial-a-dispensary. If they dont exist already? Green and munchies delivered to your sofa.
edit on 22-9-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I smell a prime opportunity for inventors. Fridge mailbox!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Since when did grocery shopping become to difficult for us?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hooters Uhmmmmmmm Bo.....Er Beeeeeeer.

Buck

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Since when did grocery shopping become to difficult for us?

you only earn money pretty much by doing something for somone else. you profit off letting other people not have to work..

You can imagine where this leads.

Society already went too far for me. Im now just watching lol. People are funny.

I mean there is a taxi service here that delivers everything from candybars and condoms to lightbulbs and cellphone chargers and beer.. ice cream hot pockets..

5$ charge anywhere in town. Stoners dream come true..

when I was a kid I imagined wed have tubes that went straight to the grocery store haha.. It didnt sound as creepy back then.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join