It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Mars Rock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
From the original image:

I have to admit: it does look like a serving tray with one of those giant forks used to help toss salads.......

I kinda have a hard time believing that after 1 to 2 billion years, that's what would survive.......

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, there's a slight difference, noticeable in the white balanced version below.

But the rock to the right has a stronger difference in colour.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I think the OP was comparing the other image you presented (of another stratified rock) to the image in the OP.

But I could be wrong.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think you're right, bad interpretation from me.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That rock looks a lot like an oil pan from a 7.3L diesel...

check it out

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Now I am angry with those pesky martian's that is my Toaster I was wondering were that had got too.

Seriously and no joking though it is obviously eroded and damaged and look's a little bit like melted metal as well in places that does not look like a natural formation to me, it look's artificial, the right angle turn's, parallel raised formation's and many other features are very intriguing.

Love it and thank's for sharing

So what do I see in the main object, Straight unnatural line's that look a bit like pipe's or metal fixtures and below eroded martian rock that the harder artificial looking material is eroding out of.
An perfect oblique angle view of an oblong or square upper section with the lower section of the oblique angle rectangle or square showing the eroded, melted or corroded end's of those pipe or bracket like formations'.
To the right that material look's almost like melted, corroded and now eroding metal, on earth there would be no doubt that this was likely industrial debris of some kind.

It is only because it is on mars that anyone would have a problem with that possible answer.

edit on 23-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
It is only because it is on mars that anyone would have a problem with that possible answer.

No, it's because it doesn't look like metal to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's a shame that Curiosity's mast cameras have different lens (I wonder why they did that), as that prevents us from getting higher zoom levels in 3D images, it forces us to resize one or both images.

Anyway, here are three different ways of getting an idea of the area in the OP's image in 3D.

An animated GIF.

A direct view image (that needed to be cropped, so I could fit both left and right images in a smallish area, and I see now that I left a bit of the right image over the left image at the bottom, dohh!).

And a Red/Blue anaglyph.

And finally a panorama, it's been a long time since I made one.

(click for full size, the OP's image is on the right side)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Rocks can be alive ( ask Spock he knows )
The Horta was just pissed because humans were killing it rock egg collection .
>
Ps it is possible for life to be based on silicone and not carbon so it may be a living rock .
Lord to much star trek .

You know I miss being young for a long time in my youth I wanted so bad to believe mars had Intelligent life at some point in its history .

Now I just hope we find Bactria and would fall all over my self if we found underground lakes with some kind of water life ( aka Fish ) .

In defense of mars the 1976 the Viking mission had 23 experiments designed to detect life .
22 came back positive ( the 23 rd broke ) .

Get some dirt from mars just add water . But a Bactria does not a civilization make

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
That made me chuckle but yes Silicone based life is possible though in fact it would most just look like animal's and plant's if it does and is multi cellular and complex, silicone has similar atomic bonding property's to carbon so is also suitable for a different biochemistry but similar to our own, you could for instance meet life somewhere else that looked like a tree, it's chlorophyll may may be different in color and it's chemical make up different but it would still be a tree just a silicone one.
Though let's be fair some would claim many sex idol's are actually silicone based life form's?.

I doubt it would look like a rock though except and unless like many life form's on earth it uses that technique as a kind of camouflage.

I do wonder though seriously if any attempt has ever been made on the earth to create an artificial silicone based life form, best one in fiction was not star trek or doctor who but Terry Pratchett's troll's from the disc world novel's, when it get's cold they become super intelligent due to there brain's becoming super conductive but they can never act on there knowledge because there body's seize up but when they warm up there brains' become dumb as hat box's but they can then move around.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Silicone-based life forms is a very cool concept with sci-fi flavour... until you go to Wikipedia and read about all the drawbacks of Silicone and its chemical properties: en.wikipedia.org...

Silicon, unlike carbon, lacks the ability to form chemical bonds with diverse types of atoms as is necessary for the chemical versatility required for metabolism. Elements creating organic functional groups with carbon include hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur, and metals such as iron, magnesium, and zinc. Silicon, on the other hand, interacts with very few other types of atoms. Moreover, where it does interact with other atoms, silicon creates molecules that have been described as "monotonous compared with the combinatorial universe of organic macromolecules". This is because silicon atoms are much bigger, having a larger mass and atomic radius, and so have difficulty forming double bonds (the double bonded carbon is part of the carbonyl group, a fundamental motif of bio-organic chemistry).

Silanes, which are chemical compounds of hydrogen and silicon that are analogous to the alkane hydrocarbons, are highly reactive with water, and long-chain silanes spontaneously decompose.

Another thing is that Carbon is very abundant in the universe, so there's no reason why it wouldn't be available for formation of life wherever life would form.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I never get these rock threads, fair enough they look like something , but they look like rocks more
just like how clouds look like stuff but i still know they are clouds.

I've seen rocks all over Scotland that look like mad things but I know they are still rocks .

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Also you could argue that Carbon is common enough that life is far more likely to be carbon based.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Tulpa

One of the sand people, no doubt!

Be careful. They'll be back....and in greater numbers

I have heard they travel in single file to hide their numbers....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It's been awhile that we've seen Martian threads here . I as some others in here were dedicated to find the real truth around Mars .

Those long around and shamelessly not around anymore because of the resistance that they are only rocks with a pareidolia outlook in many cases were right.

I'm still researchin Mars and I can tell you I found some pretty amazing pareidolian rocks that symmetrically don't fit the pareidolian criteria.

Now I'm researching Saturn and man what I've found there can't even be called a rock..

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah, it's really annoying when they steal your sculptures and drop it a million miles away.

My lost sculpture art

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just something interesting that stood out for me, because it's a different color and it looks like it was embedded into the mud rock there before being broken off. Organic? Can't say.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 6-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sorry for the blow-up, but this was pretty tiny. I know it adds details that might not really be there, but I was interested in the tendril-like threads (unlike a lot of the calcium-filled cracks you see elsewhere) and the little five lobed thing in the upper center. Reminds me of a diatom.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 19-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Another rock, with some interesting little root-like structures. Interesting to me, anyway. You may think they're completely pedestrian.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'v been thinking that its been a while since theres been a finger/hamster/coin or any other odd looking rocks lately, there used to be threads full of discussions, whether it was a pointless zoomed in pixelated mess or something super interesting that was worth a second look, there is a lot less imposter rocks around, now that to me, is strange.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join