It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Mars Rock

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1
What about the dogs head on the right.. ?

Just spotted it now you've pointed it out.

Reminds me of those mysterious blue dogs from Texas (I think). Sometimes referred to as Chubacapras.

Cool.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: Blue Shift

Am I the only one seeing a guy in a shawl peeping round that rock in the top right corner???
I know its not but I cant usually see what it is that I'm supposed to see.
Those lines in the centre look like pipes.

Here you are

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Yaaayyyy!

Funny how BestinShow saw Yoda. Hes at an angle, though, and they do remind of his ears.

Off topic. I wonder if the sand people smell bad? They kind of have that look about them.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

kind of like month old milk and the dumpster behind the grocery store?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
kind of like month old milk and the dumpster behind the grocery store?

They smell like a whorehouse's outhouse!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Interesting find, but it doesn't look much different from this one, on another photo from that sol.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Was looking through some old images and thought this one was interesting. The right-looking angle, the rustiness, the regularity. Doesn't look a lot like any of the other rocks around it. Rocks, probably, but still interesting:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks like the sort of things you would see in a quarry; holes drilled into stone; iron poles in rock to push the dynamite in. This looks a bit like a hinge or a bracket that kept metal attached to stone.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That is a "good" one... strata causes layering, causing parallel lines, but natural right angle corners are quite rare (in my own limited experience).

I'm already fairly convinced of past/current bacterial life on Mars, and with the seemingly artificial radioactivity and seemingly abundant traces of seemingly artificial structures, I'm seemingly further estranged from the mainstream historical-scientific narratives.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Where are these right angle corners of which you speak?
Did you look at the original image? It all looks quite erodedly rounded to me.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I lack the ability to draw a circle on the area... but the central "weird" rock , to the right of it where the horizontal layers meet the vertical, heh ... under the "fork" looking structure (or shadows creating a fork- looking structure).

To be the clear, not definitive to me, or anything like that ... but better than many.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Interesting find, but it doesn't look much different from this one, on another photo from that sol.

I disagree. I think it looks significantly different, considering the color, the rounded ends, and the much more consistent widths. And the darker colored material looks embedded in the other type of rock.

There's a lot going on in that area, that's for sure. Lots of stray metal.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I don't see a fork, either.
Oh, well.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't see a fork, either.
Oh, well.

C'mon Phage, I can see the "fork". You don't see it?

I also see bigfoot standing next to the rock directly behind the "table" and "fork".

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My impressions on standard inkblot tests are fairly novel, too... my neurology is admittedly odd.

But the central rock featured in OP's close up ... I see layering pointed to the right and "up" by 10 -20 degrees from horizontal and at the corner, I see what looks like a 3 pronged fork (just shadows, tho) and directly under and to the right, two short lines forming a right angle.

The whole rock itself, with rounded bottom and straight layers "inside" strikes me as novel, too. I know perspective and shadows change a whole lot, etc., but if I were hiking around this planet, I'd give the area a scouring for artifacts...

"Hi," Phage, btw. My manners are lacking today. And to the OP, thanks for a better than usual (imo) Mars Rock thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The color is the same. In the original images.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What about the 3 martian sand seals in the foreground of original pic?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

What's there to see? Lyin'!

Sorry, trying to be punny.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

WOW! Now that doesn't look like part of a rock or shadow etc etc. Nice find!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in any of those pictures of Mars' terrain.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It looks like the butt cushion of a sliding truck/UFO seat turned upside down. Looks like rails to slide your seat forward.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join