It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is who in helping and receiving help for victims of natural disasters in Mexico 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

If you are interested in to either send help or take part on the search and rescue teams operating right now in Mexico city, Puebla and other cities affected by the earthquake of 7.1 richter of September 19th 2017, as well as victims of the Hurricanes Katia and Lidia that have struck Baja California sur and Veracruz also on this September 2017 , this thread contains information about entities that are involved in the operations there.

Pls check:

US search and rescue team sent to Mexico.

blogs.state.gov...

Israelian search and rescue team sent to Mexico.

jspacenews.com...

El Salvador search and rescue team sent to Mexico.

www.telesurtv.net...

Japanese search and rescue team sent to Mexico.

www.efe.com...

Los Angeles County search and rescue team sent to Mexico

scvnews.com...

Mexican organizations receiving donations to help victims of earthquakes Mexico 2017

www.nytimes.com...

Mexican organizations receiving donations to help victims of earthquakes Mexico 2017

www.pbs.org...

Puebla Mexico earthquake Clearinghouse coordination:

www.eqclearinghouse.org...

Center for International disaster Information (CIDI)

www.cidi.org...

Unicef Mexico:

www.donaunicef.org.mx...

Mexican red cross:

cruzrojadonaciones.org...

United way/Fondo Unido Mexico

www.fondounido.org.mx...

Oxfam America help for Mexico

www.oxfamamerica.org...

Globalgiving Mexico relief fund:

www.globalgiving.org...

If you know of any organization or team working right now in Mexico to search, rescue and help victims of the earthquakes that needs volunteers or support please feel free to publish their website link in this thread.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 9/22/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Topos de Tlateloco

Topos de Tlateloco was founded after the devastating 1985 earthquake in Mexico that killed thousands. It is a professional nonprofit rescue brigade. Topos, which means “moles” in Spanish, is mobilizing to find survivors of this earthquake.

The organization's website has been intermittently down in the past day, but you can send them money via PayPal to donativos@brigada-rescate-topos-org.

www.latimes.com...

www.topos.mx...

www.facebook.com...

I would be hesitant to donate to the usual suspects after the responses to Harvey. Donate to a local organization.

edit on 22-9-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I do believe Mexico is still kind of cursed since the Spanish takeover. But it isn't a bad as USA curse.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Well, if there is a curse it is a strange one, and believe me it has a strange sense of consideration to Mexicans, this earthquake occurred in the only date where everybody was prepared for it, there was a drill that ended just an hour before it happened, also it occurred in working hours, when everybody was out of their houses or apartments, at lunch time, when a lot of people was also driving to or from their favorite restaurants.

If the same earthquake might have emerged at midnight, as it happened with the one of September 7th, or in a sunday or saturday where a lot of people are resting in their houses and the streets are lonely, and in a day no body was even thinking in to follow protocols of evacuation in case of seismic event, could have produced easily five times more casualties at least.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Earthquake isn't the major issue there. The dam never ending drug war is the problem and Mexicans forced to leave their home for an actual better life. To say some Mexicans are Christian is one thing. But, they aren't doing shhs for the country to be honest. The people run to America and just plainly make America better. Then again US is in a never ending gang/race war which is way worst. Even demonic beings run amok in US. Talk about the mad science US seems to protect over the people. Run from a trap and get entrapped. Can't trust either country to be honest until the Natives gain their rightful land back. I can actually see change. Americas religion wasn't Christianity. The Colonization brought it over.
edit on 22-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think the current make up of ATS is more interested in "Building the Wall" rather than helping Mexicans.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The only thing that makes me suspicious of donating any money is because of the simple reason all the money that went to Haiti and for some strange reason Haiti still looks the same so where did all the money go no one seems to know no one has any answers and even the media has not questioned it.
And it's all forgotten about.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bobw927

There are many channels to send any kind of help to the victims of the disasters, even not in money but in essential goods, like food, medications, personal care ones, that in some way or other the aid will reach the ones more affected.

I think negativism must not stop us to take action, what Mexico is right now suffering could be a possible scenario for America any time in the near future.

It is clear that the earth is in period of decompensation that is manifested in great natural disasters of different kind, we are not sure if this is entirely natural or boosted by global warming or by the underground nuclear tests of North Korea, but what ever is the reason it is likely this trend is going to continue around the world.

The ring of fire is so extensive and in the last 10 years we have seen megaquakes or volcanic eruptions occurring everywhere on it, but in the Pacific coast of the continental USA, so everytime is more and more probable that that the next strike falls on that region.

Even if there is no genuine generous humanitarian impulse as a motivation to give it is good to have a good image already built in the international community, just in case.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 9/25/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

For the way the things are right now running I think it is good to think if really pays off to build a wall of 15000 to 25000 millions of dollars of potential cost that could be demolished in seconds by any megaquake as the ones we have already have seen striking in that region by the way.

Pls check:
www.cnbc.com...

I am pretty sure there are other priorities in social or economic investment that several times less risky and more needed and promising from the productive point of view than to try to waste public funds in useless caprices.

Do you know how many houses, power substations, gas refineries or highways can be rebuilt with that money in the area devastated by hurricanes Harvey, Rita or Maria?

Now, I am pretty sure that Mr right in entrepreneurial success, who by the way is the one that conceived so "brilliant initiative", has enough money by himself to pay for it, so let him afford it if he needs it so badly.

The Angel of Lightness

new topics

top topics

join