It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE arrests parents at Childs hospital before surgery but that is not my concern

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As the media puts it, as well as groups fighting for the DREAM Act, these arrests are tearing apart families but there is no impact to us as citizens. I have heard how they cannot collect welfare. They cannot drain the system. I truly feel bad for these people but what they are doing is illegal.

Link

Oscar and Irma Sanchez, both of whom are undocumented immigrants living in Texas, were arrested while awaiting a serious surgery for their two-month-old son, highlighting the excruciating human cost of President Donald Trump’s anti-immigrant crusade.

Now, in reading the media quote, it is as if mean of DJT is on a 'crusade' to get rid of immigrants. However, he is simply enforcing the laws that local authorities will not. Again, this is what the advocacy groups say.

Advocacy groups said the treatment the Sanchez family was subjected to is usually reserved for high-value targets like violent gang members or drug traffickers. Neither Oscar nor Irma have a criminal record.

it’s the latest terrifying incident in a series of arrests where immigration authorities are encroaching on spaces once thought safe for undocumented people. Immigration police have turned up to arrest people at hospitals, homeless shelters, and courthouses since the Trump administration rolled back Obama era protections to avoid making arrests in sensitive locations.

The latest 'terrifying incident? Really? I think crime in Chicago is more terrifying but ok. Again, they are just enforcing the law but the support groups act like they are targeted. Well, they are. Not for being Hispanic but for being known as being in the country illegally.

ICE has also dramatically escalated the number of immigrants it has arrested even though they have no criminal record, and Thomas Homan, the acting head of ICE, has warned all undocumented people that they are targets for potential deportation.

Whether or not you have been caught in the act of a crime you are still breaking the law being in the country illegally. So, when the director of ICE says all undocumented people are targets they are just doing their job.

Now, after all of that, I hope you read the article because i have one question.

Who is paying for the childs treatment in the hospital?

He suffers from pyloric stenosis which will require surgery. You are talking 10's of thousands of dollars. I am not saying that a child should not be treated but there are kids who are citizens who need this help too. We cannot be the wallet to the world for all of their problems.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Right, they are raiding like brownshirts, sure. Just like they said there would be!

"Pics and vids or it didnt happen."

When did that standard stop being used?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I do have some compassion for the kids.

I also do not want to be cruel.

But, this can not continue.

Time to enforce our Nation's law...

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why aren't more trump supporters outraged he isn't enforcing employer laws?

I mean 8 million go to work everyday, in known locations, and the employers rarely share the harsh penalties that the laborer does.

I wonder why meat packing plants with 100's don't get raided?

Or why people aren't outraged their tax dollars are really going for their employers profits through low wage subsidies (welfare)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If I was illegal, last thing I would do is have a baby. Condoms are cheap.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Think walking under a latter is bad luck? Try breaking condom.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They were already doing this in fact there was a pretty publicized one by the Obama Administration in 2016. There are websites that tell undocumented workers how to handle the raids.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

How are they getting employed? Maybe the penalty needs to be harsher for those caught.

So one raid is they are already doing it?

Over 8 million go to work. If they make everify mandatory it would certainly stop a lot.
www.foxnews.com...

www.texastribune.org...

edit on 22-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I used an example. There have been many, many more before and after. It is much harder for companies(larger than 50) to employ illegals because of ACA requirements but it is done quite often in smaller ones with less regulations. There are millions out there working but some have SSN's they have bought or stolen etc so it is difficult.

Bottom line is whether you are at a hospital, work or walking down the street if you are here illegally you should be arrested and a deported. If you want to return legally you are more than welcome to.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Unfortunately there is a huge incentive for illegals to have kids.

The kids are born citizens, which then makes kicking the parents out more difficult.

And so the tax payer gets to find these procedures.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Too bad we cannot change that law to not include children from parents who are here illegally. It would at least get rid of that incentive.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I can't imagine what they are all going through right now. It makes me actually cry. I've been a mom in the PICU with a baby fresh from surgery. God they must be terrified and shattered. They must be worried if they will ever see their child again. They must be praying that their child survives, whatever happens to themselves.

Humanity doesn't end at the border. The border is a human construct, a line in the sand defined by war and blood that says "ours not yours!" But is there a border on humanity itself? Only the borders you make in your own hearts against those "not from around here" both within and without that artificial line.

Humanity is One.

It may cost money to help a child or family in need. It costs our souls a lot more if we don't.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You really didn't use an example you used an anectodote. I gave you a link with examples. And employers get around this with subcontracting and a verity of laws they can skirt.

Again read up the sources. And you think 8 million plus people are working without anyone knowing?

We are talking about 30 percent of some national industries. Some estimates say 60 to 70 percent of roofers in Texas are illegal. Your telling me they solved that problem.

Not even close. This is a boogeyman man tactic they will keep coming until we fix the employment issue and make temp viSAS.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So if amnesty was granted overnight to all "illegals", you'd be fine with it then, right?

If it's just about legal and illegal..

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So is the baby a U.S. citizen or not?
If yes, should the baby get kicked out of the U.S.?

Should baby be turned over to the state after parents are deported?

+7 more 
link   
Lmfao.

What a joke this nation is.

Let's not go after the banks, the monopolies, or the real underworld criminals of the world.

Lets deport "Illegal aliens" - Yeah! They are the problem!

You guys will be judged one day. Remember that.

link   
Good.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Who cares?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The only thing stopping state legislatures from mandating E-Verify is their insistence that employers retain the ability to continue to break federal law by engaging in the wage/income theft that occurs by hiring illegal migrants.

Yes, they are crooks. And yes, those state legislatures are committed to protecting the crooks who also harm the vast majority of employers who don't want to break immigration laws.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

So that means Hillary, Trump, Obama, Bush are going to Jail?

Yes?

I mean, since we are on the subject of "Enforcing the Law"

right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join