It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what was stonehedge really for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is a question that a lot of people are asking everday. i have come up sevral ideas please if anyone has info on the follwing let me know:

1) stone hedge had a roof on and was a temple
2) it was a tomb site for the head of a tribe this would explane world wide henges
3) it was an alter to the gods for scrafices
4) alien lading site

5) just for show

what do you think

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
stonhenge and all the other great ancient sites around the globe.are on ley lines.
used to posotivly charge/to harmonise the earth enrgy lines...so to tap into it and be a posotive influence over the lands..
unfortunatly ,just the opposite has been happening for to many years,all the wars ,raping of the land,highways etc..have been a negative influence of ..
kind of like ingraining a new genetic code
its not to late,we can all make a posotive difference...in the way we think.
we live in a world of energy,everything is energy..and energy attracts...magnetic,ok...
here is an example in one form...the global elite,remain elite for they are the thoughts they live with,so it is passed down...the poor are poor because that is what is handed down thru the bloodline..thoughts..
etc.etc.
change the thought change your reality....words are a reflection of who we think we are,therefore we are.
think posotive allways..the earth is a mirror,it will reflect it back to you..

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ive been to stonhenge and i think this......

Its an ancient nightclub for raves.
Or at least it should have been.

Seriously though, we can speculate all we want, but until a little green man from the planet Zarkenplop comes down and tells us we'll never know....

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
stonhenge and all the other great ancient sites around the globe.are on ley lines.

Thats because 'ley lines' are lines drawn between ancient sites,not actual things.

sonicx007
1)stone hedge had a roof on and was a temple

Roof or no roof it probably functioned as a temple. There's an altar in it

2) it was a tomb site for the head of a tribe this would explane world wide henges

No explanation in particular is required to explain circles of rocks in different parts of the world. There is no kingly burial in stone henge. There are other burials tho, from various time periods.

3) it was an alter to the gods for scrafices

There is an altar, I don't recall if it had a blood groove in it for sacrifices tho

4) alien lading site

Difficult to land with all those rocks.

I think its been pretty well established the stonehenge does have markers that correlate to astronomical subjects, like stars or the sunrise at a particular time of year.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe it was used as a forum for discussing strange ancient constructions

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i feel that everyone thinks way to much..and steer you from what really is.
everything we need to know is with in us all.you just need to tap into it.
which is not easy when we try to keep up with the jonses,watch television,live by the clock,believe in religions or societies etc etc..
if it was not for money being todays power..i feel everyone would have a better grip.
quiet the chatter

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't know why people have such a hard time with this.

Stonehenge is a large astronomical clock used by the ancients to track the movement of the planets the sun the stars etc.

The outer ring is/was 360 degree marking points by using a sort of ancient sextant they would line up the stars and the device and mark which stone it lined up to. Then they would call out the position to the "map maker" who had a star map layed out on the "alter".

This way they could chart the seasons, the relative position of planets etc. All of which was used in the "dark sciences" and added to the mystic of the magic makers of the time.

They could also forecast the changing of time so that farmers would plant during the right time and have a more productfull crop etc. Remember we are talking really ancient times here, desktop calendars just were not around so the progress of time was really basic... oh its cold I must call this winter... oh its hot I must call this summer.... I wonder when summer will end... and a few weeks go by and it starts to get cold again.... ahhh winter must be approaching

They had to refer to a very select group of "wizards" for guidance as to when it when begin getting hot or cold etc. This way Kings could properly determin when was the right time to wage war if they took into account how long the operation should take.

These "wizards" then would be paid a fee for the "telling of time" and farmers relied on the "wizards" to instruct them when to plant when to harvest.

All the while the "wizards" knew that this "seasonal" changes would happen at specific times of the year based on the star map and progression of the sun on the dial. After so many years of recording daily progression a pattern appeared and the "wizards" formulated an annuim progression and then could simply look at the tables that were recorded to accurately predict the next phase of the seasons.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i am curious..i am not here to prove anyone wrong or right..
just curious,if you think,feel,believe that lines were drawn to all these sites then why,i would like to know what you see.
the lines were drawn for a reason...because these lines exist thou you can not see them
they are currents of energy from the spin of the earth..everything has a current..just as we..ourselfs and the wind and the water...
did you know birds can see these currents in color...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
to robertfenix
that has to be one of the most intelligent things ive read so far..
there are other purposes besides watching time,possibly its just knowledge to us sorcerers
so be it

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Maybe it was used as a portal

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, my family went on holiday near Salisbury, and we visited Stonehenge. The photos really don't do it justice, and I've been fascinated by it ever since. I've often wondered what it looked like when it was new, whether or not the stones we see now were even visible, or were they the stone bones of a grander wooden building.

Then, more recently, I learnt of Die Glocke (German for The Bell), which is another story that sparks the imagination, of time travelling Nazis. The only remaining evidence of it is a concrete henge, a rig that housed the Bell, and there is speculation that the henge somehow gathered or contained energy, possibly from ley lines, and powered the Bell in it's transit through time.

It made me wonder, could that have been the original purpose of Stonehenge. I accept the possibility that life exists elsewhere in the universe, civilisations that were old before we were young. I believe that there could be civilisations out there who have passed the point where they view the universe as "out there", in the same way that many people today view themselves as citizens of the world instead of one particular country.

I believe it's possible that many of these ancient sites, like the Great Pyramid and Stonehenge, could be actually quite ordinary, functional pieces of equipment, installed by one of these civilisations on arrival on a new world, to generate and manipulate power.

Archaeologists are very quick to label things as temples or tombs. I daresay in 1000 years that archaeologists of that time could decide that Wembley stadium was a temple (although, they may not be too far off the mark with that one). Just because we in our ignorance label something as a temple has no bearing on what the building was actually used for.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Then, more recently, I learnt of Die Glocke (German for The Bell), which is another story that sparks the imagination, of time travelling Nazis.

One of the finer phrases I've seen on this forum; yes time travelling Nazis!

top topics

join