It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world... Again.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

That's JW teaching. 144,000 taken to heaven and then a paradise earth.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
they always say no one will know the date or day or whatever... but i think every hard-core christian for centuries has privately hoped and believed it would be in their generation. because, you know... they're special.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For everyones rapture party this weekend( sarcasm) May I suggest this fantastic hbo show?? The leftovers. 2% of the world disappears in an instant like the rapture. Show takes place 3 years later.

edit on 22-9-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
they always say no one will know the date or day or whatever... but i think every hard-core christian for centuries has privately hoped and believed it would be in their generation. because, you know... they're special.

Because you know, it's people with attitudes like yours who make comments like that who make us want to stick around in the world, too!

Explain to me who wishing for our version of the end times is any different from people who wish for nuclear armageddon or a giant asteroid to impact the earth?

The impulse is pretty much the same IMO and likely comes from the same place - being sick and tired of being stuck in a real world that sucks.
edit on 22-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hey doomers...

I am half blabbed on that bottle of bloody expensive whisky and still kicking and struggling!

Im a Brit French red'eck veterrrrrôirrruyy...

Awww bugger it.....

Speaks to you all when I have been tube fed Evian to clear out my Liver... poor thing!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Hey doomers...

I am half blabbed on that bottle of bloody expensive whisky and still kicking and struggling!

Im a Brit French red'eck veterrrrrôirrruyy...

Awww bugger it.....

Speaks to you all when I have been tube fed Evian to clear out my Liver... poor thing!

Sorry about the spelling "hic"

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Explain to me who wishing for our version of the end times is any different from people who wish for nuclear armageddon or a giant asteroid to impact the earth?

The impulse is pretty much the same IMO and likely comes from the same place - being sick and tired of being stuck in a real world that sucks.

i don't think it is different -- i think it's exactly the same.

my understanding was that this weekend's end-of-the-world jamboree had been specifically linked to a prophecy from the bible, so my comment was about christians apocalypse fans, but it applies just as well to any and every.

i think it's a combo of depression and disenchantment with the world, and a desire to be a special one with special knowledge.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

10,000s of people will be raptured from Puerto Rico to the mainland.

I wonder if a record number of displaced people in the World is being set.

Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Myanmar, Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, other Caribbean Islands; a lot!

Forced displacement worldwide at its highest in decades

The total figure includes 40.3 million people uprooted within the borders of their own countries, about 500,000 fewer than in 2015. Meanwhile, the total number seeking asylum globally was 2.8 million, about 400,000 fewer than in the previous year.

However, the total seeking safety across international borders as refugees topped 22.5 million, the highest number seen since UNHCR was founded in 1950 in the aftermath of the Second World War.

That was at the end of 2016.

edit on 23-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That's all I know about this.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I found a really good list on wiki.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link