It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘It’s Disgusting!’ Livid Woman Screams About Veteran’s Service Dog In Delaware Restaurant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
After reading the OP I immediately thought the yelling woman was probably a black woman.

Watched the video - confirmed.

It's sad those assumptions can be made accurately solely based on an account of social behavior.

I honestly hope the divide lessens and disappears, but it's not lost on me that the divide is somewhat self-inflicted.

I know some will have issue with my point - which is fine - but I would ask those folks to look deeper at what I'm saying.

I was a waiter for many years when I was younger - there was a huge difference between the social behavior of one ethnicity vs another.

It's simple - being overly rude doesn't work in polite society (there's a reason we don't yell and scream in social situations).

Yes there are exceptions socially, behaviorally and ethnically - but you can't deny experience - or a self-inflicted stigma.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, so it's probably already been mentioned - at any rate.. commence to freaking out.

Edit to add: My wife's last two ex's were black guys - I'm in no way racist.. I've been noticing over the last several years that no one seems to want an unruly black woman - not even black guys (yes there are awesome black woman out there - but they are few in this context).

edit on 24-9-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: skunkape23
If I was the guy I would have dropped that chick like a hot-potato.
There are plenty more out there.

Clearly more to this story than what that tape shows...

Not going to jump on the bandwagon that she is the only one wrong in this...something strange about this....

Ya she loud and mouthy...that is for sure!

Perhaps, but the woman's own words state that her issue with it is the simple presence of the dog in the restaurant. She never once mentions any other action by either the dog or the dog's owner. Just the dog being there. The woman was nasty and mean, but there was at least one other person there that was definitely fueling the whole thing further. They simply should have let her leave, saying nothing more and if the woman persisted, call 911 and let the cops sort it out.

Man, I do feel bad for the woman's companion. He looked like he wanted to sink into the floor and she kept jerking her arm away from him every time he tried to guide her to the door. Even the vet was consoling him. What a crazy woman that is.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

He needs to grow a pair and control his woman better.

Where is the "shakes head " emoticon when needed.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
While I find the woman's behavior absolutely disgusting, I find the comments section under the article even worse. It's pretty clear the target market for this viral video is racists, just judging from the comments.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
While I find the woman's behavior absolutely disgusting, I find the comments section under the article even worse. It's pretty clear the target market for this viral video is racists, just judging from the comments.

Yes. I remember a time when people came to ATS to remove themselves from the vitriol and the ignorance that permeated some of the other sites of the GLP variety.

Now it seems that they are here at ATS in large enough numbers to give sites like GLP a run for their money.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Total props to the restaurant on this one.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That dog is badass. It could have ripped her to shreds. The only reason it didn't is because its a well trained service dog. The very thing she was bitching about. Lol she should be thanking her lucky stars for that awesome dog!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Yes. I remember a time when people came to ATS to remove themselves from the vitriol and the ignorance that permeated some of the other sites of the GLP variety.

Now it seems that they are here at ATS in large enough numbers to give sites like GLP a run for their money.

Both you and dudemo are the only racists I see here. It was quoted from a follow up report that the woman made it a racial issue as an excuse for her behavior.

But seriously night, you and the other "ats is getting racist" commenters are the ones blowing this outta proportion and making mountains out ta mole hills.

You first presume anyone that has commented anything about her ethnicity are not black, which is where you stand on your premise to judge them.

Most commenters seem appalled at her rudeness where as you and some others seem focused on making this a race issue.

Quit acting like no one saw it coming. You say you never see this in day to day life, well then you need to get out more.

Stay on topic, discuss her mannerisms or whatever you want but please do us all a favor at ats and quit being a triggered snowflake every time someone points out their own opinion of correlation due to ethnicity, its telling of the racial lens you view things.

Check yo self

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Catscratch
If I get out any more, I would never be able to go home.

I may be blessed that I don't live in an area where I don't see behavior like the one displayed by the woman in the video, but I know that I am not alone. Everyone does not live in areas where this behavior is considered typical, regardless of where it is coming from.

I think is very telling that she was arguing with another person that was just as loud and undignified as herself, yet she is being used as the poster child of the average Black woman, while none of these posters would ever try to portray the obnoxious or undignified behavior being displayed by a White woman or even a group of White women, as average or typical behavior.

I am not surprised that you don't see racism that is right in your face. It explains why it is permeating the internet and seeping so quickly into ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

She is hardly being used as a poster child for anything much less the average black woman. See that's what I mean though you are convinced this is some conspiracy to make "all black people" look bad. Its simply not the case here.

Now granted, a few posters were like " ooo ahh see no surprise" but you gotta understand that they might live in an area where misbehavior is more predominant. I have seen thousands of confrontations in my life, from all people of (pick one)

And actually, for the display of white women acting this way, just google a video. You might find that there are plenty of bids describing the "averages" today of a white girl. I would recommend looking up the "basic Bi***" video to see just how hard they get slammed.

Now about my witnessing of confrontations, I have seen many a black woman, when having any issue deal with the situation that is hostile with strength of character, dignity, and an assertive control over their words and actions.
That's the average.

Now I have seen some get loud, confrontational and in everyone's face like the one in video. But trust me, I could pull a white girl out of a trailer park all hyped up on meth, or just any drunk girl and they are just as bad.

You are seeing any portrayal of a person of dark complexion as an attack on the character of all blacks. I think the only reason this got any attention is a Veteran was involved.

You think I don't see how racism has seeped into society? Its because politicians, not people, made it a "race" issue. They had to get everyone hot headed last year. 2016 had some ugly moments for BLM, so yeah, add a few riots and of course the world is gonna spotlight every single temper tantrum and let viral every video of a black american acting up. That's the consequences of publicly calling whites demons, or calling for extermination, or wanting deep fried cops wrapped in pancakes. The opposition will counter through propaganda following doj stats and as much coverage of "hating whitey" as they can.

While we are a bit off topic let me try to explain.
When the majority of Americans see some white guy in a hood talking extermination, they tend to be the first in line to beat that fool down an run him outta town.
But when a University student makes a lecture titled "white people are a plague" and others talk about killing whites, f white people this and that, and not BLM, Obama, Or ANY people of color stand up and punch that guy in the face, or call them out as being a hater, or a racist. Well...silence and inaction look a lot lime consent.
So now that the SJWs of 2016 had a ball, burned some cities, set random white people on fire, now you want "them" to stop their campaign to expose anything they can use to show the ugly side of those that did wrong.

But the truth is, its only as racial as you make it.
I See a woman embarrassing her man and herself, I also see someone else being loud and not helping the situation.

You know why I don't see the "racism"?

Because despite it being an easy slide to it, I don't walk that path.
I don't focus on the negative of it.
You are seeing more racism than there is in the posts here. Now granted a few of the posts were borderline, depending how you interpret.
But overall its not.
I hope for your sake that you find a more positive way of thinking outside of color. For your own mental wellbeing man, because the truth is I am convinced many blacks are more racist than a Portuguese slaver, all because politicians pushing their narratives and shoveling it on your tv.

So you know what I do? I focus on the good in people. I know a lot of poor folk where I live, I live.next door. People are people. If you want to stop racism then start with your own attitude, and check your own kin and friends on it.
I do the same. My partners family is redneck as F and they have the most ignorant things come out of their mouths. I satisfy myself on that my partner never uses such language, have even brought her to dine with some folk I know, and also her kids are great and nothing like the drunkards that speckle the family tree.
So yeah, I don't see a lot of racism perpetuated outside of those who seem focused on it.

Do yourself a favor night. Forget about it.
Thats how you beat the Narrative. By creating your own, better narrative.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join