It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A THEORY - Democrats Dont Hate Trump. They Are Hurt Because Obama Let Them Down.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Since before Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential election, we've heard pretty much the same complaints from people who say they hate, or dislike, or despise him. Now that Donald Trump is President of the USA, the same people are more mean-spirited and insulting, than ever.

With President Barack Obama, the complaints from Republican voters and leadership were NOT about his personality or personal traits. They were about the substance of his Presidential actions, proposals, and goals for America.

When Democrats complain about President Donald Trump, those complaints are directed at his personal traits. They are rarely related to his job actions, or policies, or goals for America and Americans.

Instead, they complain about him "being orange", or "not too bright", or "a bully", or have convinced themselves that he's a KKK/Nazi-loving racist.

I have a sister-in-law who is so desperate to find a REAL reason to complain about President Trump, she's telling everyone that HE forced her to pay $7,000 for her knee operation two months ago. I told Jean that her ObamaScrew health plan deductible was set by the Obama Administration, but she thinks that Trump's first executive order after his inauguration doubled her deductible. (She'll find a problem with the upcoming tax cuts too!)

SO HERE THE BOTTOM LINE.. A THEORY, based on what Liberals in my friend/family/business association circles say when they complain about President Trump. (There's probably a psychological name for this.)

In actuality, Democrats/Liberals are disappointed and hurt, because their "quality of life" and "standard of living", did NOT improve during the 8 years that President Obama ran the country. When it comes to African Americans, their QOL/SOL actually DECLINED during Obama's 2 terms. Having that occur under a Black President was psychologically devastating, though only very few will admit it.

Summary of 2009 thru 2016: www.breitbart.com...

African American Status After Obama: www.theatlantic.com...

If life had IMPROVED when Obama was President, Democrats would have turned out in droves to vote for Hillary, to keep the GOOD TIMES ROLLING. But instead, out of disappointment, too many stayed home. Not just for the 2016 Presidential election, but for the Congressional mid-term elections, and the hundreds of local/state elections from 2010 thru 2016. Democrats lost 80% of all elections during that time. (www.npr.org...)

In Summary: When Democrats hurl insults at Republican President Trump, they are actually angry that Barack Obama's Presidency was a huge let-down, but they aren't willing to be honest and admit their hurt and disappointment.

This could also explain why Democrats aren't anywhere near focused on finding and grooming someone to beat Donald Trump in 2020, or even take back a majority in Congress for 2018.

Deep in their hearts, Democrats know that President Trump is doing his best to uplift all Americans, regardless of political affiliation, or race.

ATS family, please understand that this is just a theory on my part, based on interactions with lots of people. If you see things differently, feel free to share your sentiments.

All the best,

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/22/2017 by carewemust because: minor adjustments

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Most Democrats I know prefer Trump over Pence. At least Trump is a social liberal from New Jersey.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
whatever helps you sleep at night

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Partly true but they also super hate Trump just because. Well, because a lot of reasons. A few that are about governance but more because of both his abrasiveness and the medias spin.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Most Democrats I know prefer Trump over Pence. At least Trump is a social liberal from New Jersey.

I appreciate you pointing this out and agree with you. Trump is a fiscal conservative and social moderate which probably represents most Americans. I really don't understand the hate for the man.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I really don't understand the hate for the man.

As you see in the post that started this thread, I don't believe that they do hate Donald Trump. He's just the most logical target right now for their frustration.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Social signaling...group think...and a desperate need to find meaning in a world where societal disruption is now the norm, leaving many very, very afraid.

In that context, I think many hate Trump because it makes them feel victimhood, which they want, in order to share a connection with others. Safety in numbers.

It's why lemmings jump off cliffs together. Blinded by fear and incapable of identifying the true perils.
edit on 22-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Yeah - kinda that.

Trump is just not qualified for the job.

Has nothing to do with Obama.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

With President Barack Obama, the complaints from Republican voters and leadership were NOT about his personality or personal traits. They were about the substance of his Presidential actions, proposals, and goals for America.

Oh really? So it wasn't personal when they attacked him for his birth certificate, for his Muslim father, for his name ("the only difference between Osama and Obama is the BS"), for his radical Christian pastor Jeremiah Wright, for the theories that he was the Antichrist, for the theories that his wife was really a man in drag, etc? Those were all about his presidential actions, proposals, and goals for America?

When Democrats complain about President Donald Trump, those complaints are directed at his personal traits. They are rarely related to his job actions, or policies, or goals for America and Americans.

WTH? Opposing his Cabinet appointees and Supreme Court choice aren't opposing his job actions? Opposing his Muslim ban and stupid wall aren't opposing his policies? You're seriously saying that when we oppose his attempts to eliminate the ACA/Obamacare & his attempt to get rid of DACA, we're not opposing his job actions and policies?

This is some of the craziest revisionism I've seen in a long time.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Social signaling...group think...and a desperate need to find meaning in world where societal disruption is now the norm, leaving many very, very afraid.

In that in context, I think many love Trump because it makes them feel victimhood, which they want, in order to share a connection with others. Safety in numbers.

It's why lemmings jump off cliffs together. Blinded by fear and incapable of identifying the true perils.

Changed one word, fixed the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's probably true as well.

These are the consequences of abandoning the rule of law, among a half dozen other things.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

... like hyperbole?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Fear drives both sides. I believe the polarization comes from a political system that has failed and continues to fail the various needs of the people.

I'm hard pressed to name a single societal institution that isn't crumbling at the foundations. Can you?
edit on 22-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
maybe it's because he appears mentally ill without any ability to mask it and he runs their country

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: fiverx313

Has nothing to do with Obama.

Thank God, Obama sucks.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yes , Obama let em down . He had secretly promised to stay on and make his Caliphate of the US
But , he left em high and dry

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
and yet the dems couldn't or wouldn't field anybody better than clinton or sanders.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I've always been under the impression that it honestly wouldn't matter at all who's actually president, people will just hate them. It's like their job, to be the figure-head for peoples anger/hatred when things aren't going their way. Sure, sides switch, but it's always the same. I've heard people complain about things one president did, but they were perfectly ok when their side was doing the same thing.

They need something to focus their anger on, and the president gives them the biggest target.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So now liberals hating Donald Trump is Obama's fault? Lol. You guys....

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: loam

Social signaling...group think...and a desperate need to find meaning in world where societal disruption is now the norm, leaving many very, very afraid.

In that in context, I think many love Trump because it makes them feel victimhood, which they want, in order to share a connection with others. Safety in numbers.

Changed one word, fixed the whole thing.

That makes 1000% more sense than the OP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join