It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to turn over Russian 2016 election ads to Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Perhaps it's time for FB to pay back those gov't entities that helped him get to where he is and this tool he and his buddies created. Perhaps it's simply marketing to his (future?) base and perhaps it's just food for tinfoilers.

“We will continue our investigation into what happened on Facebook in this election. We may find more, and if we do, we will continue to work with the government,” Zuckerberg said during a Facebook Live.

This has to do with the fact that advertisers from Russia bought ads from FB. I guess they don't get confidentiality. /shrug

“We believe it is vitally important that government authorities have the information they need to deliver to the public a full assessment of what happened in the 2016 election,” Facebook’s general counsel Colin Stretch said in a post. “That is an assessment that can be made only by investigators with access to classified intelligence and information from all relevant companies and industries — and we want to do our part.”

thehill.com...

Some Stupid People Think the CIA Runs Facebook
This from 2012, just a silly thing that popped up on my search and I thought it pertinent to add. Using a supposed private engine, this gem popped up.

Source

In 1994, the CIA declassified a secret paper outlining other attempts to manipulate a person’s behavior without their knowledge. The document, “The Operational Potential of Subliminal Perception” by Richard Gafford notes the following:

Link in article. Basically the training methods for mice and the 'like' system from Facebook since inception are very similar.

To this end there are numerous financial theories out there which personally I can't find one that brings enough integrity to bear for this OP. However, they are out there.

Finally, one last article from 2013.
Report: NSA tracks social ties on Facebook

The agency's analysis includes data collected from public, commercial and other sources including Facebook profiles, bank and insurance information, passenger manifests, voter registration, GPS location data, property records and tax data, according to the documents.

So, the simple question here is this. Is Facebook a product or part of the deep state and possibly the military industrial complex? The small pieces of evidence here seem to indicate product. If proved true, not only would it validate many conspiracy theorists but it means that capitalism as in the small pieces that still work here in the US have been hijacked and twisted into some very real Orwell timeline.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He will continue to work with the left to figure out how his manipulation of news feeds and censoring of certain groups didn't result in a Clinton win.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

So you think he's a product and not part. Maybe I should have used the term puppet. Might have cleared up the distinction.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So you think he's a product and not part. Maybe I should have used the term puppet. Might have cleared up the distinction.

I think puppet would be the nicest word that I can think of for him. I can come up with much more apt and less flattering terms.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Zuckerberg and Freeman are doing the Colin Powell run... ppl with apparently "convincing powers", to tell the world that Russia did this, and that. Ohh the hype! Russia are soo bad!!

We should punish Russia!

FOR WHAT ???

There is no shred of evidence, and the paranoid hippocratic US government should just shut the # up!
Its not like YOUR government has meddled with countless of other governments?

HELL. im guilty too. i spend alot of time on social media to get both Trump and Hillary off the voting ballot.
Blame me!

You lost the election democrats... get over it! Not endorsing any party, but the American "democratic"-process allowed this to happen. Sadly most of the US ppl didnt know this, coz the US gov. is making these "laws" as they go by. Secretly or not.

Time go get into the battle against the domestic parasites in your government! Stop blaming anyone else! GROW UP!

You, the American people messed up. Accept it, and get over it. Only you can fix it!
edit on 22/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yes, this needs to happen and the Ruskies need to go to the naughty corner. They have been as naughty as GCHQ.

Poor America, looks like everybody in the world wants a vote in your elections, lol. Even Putin wanted to vote, haha. Count that as a democratic compliment. Rest of the world; well you need citizenship to vote in the U.S election.

As a consolation to Hilary and the gang: I don't think people were influenced by any media this time round. This last election was about flipping the bird to the establishment and MSM for a lot of people indeed.

No more naughty outsiders. Congress need to protect the U.S voting system.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Could you explain to my simple mind exactly how the Russians adversely effected the U.S. elections?

Bonus points if you can point out where the U.S. had a hand in Brexit!

Those may be off topic, so you really don't need to answer them. Furthermore, given the history of the CEO of Facebook, do you trust in the absolute integrity of the information that would be provided and in turn what will be available for public consumption?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well the Russians paid for the Facebook ads. Zooks knows that.

I don't trust Facebook one iota personally. I don;t even have a Facebook account. They are far too invasive and have allowed terror on their servers. If it brought revenue Facebook didn't care what went into the minds of our kids (and us).

Facebook need taming by the governments. It can't be helped. It's all a new game. We are only just beginning to understand this new global media and social networking. Governments will have to legislate.

Zooks must fight his corner, too, as he has his interests and so do the Facebook users.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So from what I can gather from your post is that you take a different position. One that puts Zuckerburg on the outs within the IC/MIC/Deep state machine. Could I ask, given the evidence above, that you can keep that stance?

Granted, it's not by any measure the absolute fact, it does provide a strong case for them to have some sort of behind the scenes relationship if even only financial.

By your own admission, you agree that they are far too invasive, and I would agree, however what's to be worried if about if one were to acknowledge that the information is safe from other prying eyes at best and sold or collected and datamined at worse?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

edit on 9222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

edit on 9222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Your usual and predictable drivel has nothing to do with the topic.

Anything of value to add?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
One Simple Chart Proves That Facebook Thinks You're A Moron

Last week we jokingly wrote about a Facebook press release that was apparently an honest effort by the social media giant intended to summarize Russian efforts to undermine the 2016 election using their social media platform. That said, at least to us, it seemed as though Facebook unwittingly proved what a farce the entire 'Russian collusion' narrative had become as, after digging through advertising data for the better part of full year, Facebook reported that they found a 'staggering' $50,000 worth of ad buys that 'MAY' have been purchased by Russian-linked accounts to run 'potentially politically related' ads.

Not surprisingly, after being attacked by the mainstream media and even Hillary for "assisting" the Russians, Zuckerberg is once again in the press today fanning the flames of the 'Russian collusion' narrative by saying that Facebook will release to Congress the details of the 3,000 ads that 'MAY' have been purchased by Russian-linked accounts.

And while it seems obvious, please allow us to once again demonstrate why this entire process is so utterly bizarre...

The chart below demonstrates how the $50,000 worth of ad buys that 'MAY' have been purchased by Russian-linked accounts to run 'potentially politically related' ads compares to the $26.8 billion in ad revenue that Facebook generated in the U.S. over the same time period between 3Q 2015 and 2Q 2017....If $50,000 can swing an entire presidential election can you imagine what $26.8 billion can do?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

My drivel huh?
Yeah ok.
Keep trying to convince yourself that Russia didn't do this.
Because the people in the real world all know they did.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Did what exactly??

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

real world ? not in mine . I think there is a long way to go before this is all sorted out . If it isn't buy june 2018 my guess it is all political .

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So from what I can gather from your post is that you take a different position. One that puts Zuckerburg on the outs within the IC/MIC/Deep state machine. Could I ask, given the evidence above, that you can keep that stance?

Granted, it's not by any measure the absolute fact, it does provide a strong case for them to have some sort of behind the scenes relationship if even only financial.

By your own admission, you agree that they are far too invasive, and I would agree, however what's to be worried if about if one were to acknowledge that the information is safe from other prying eyes at best and sold or collected and datamined at worse?

Bless, my friend. It is a lot more simple than that. Zooks has a relationship with this:

Zooks isn't too worried what creed it comes in. Lots of that is the same as this. Ain't no discrimination there:

He just thinks globally. Yet his social media site is causing a few problems. He is not letting it happen for political reasons. He just sees it as the internet in general traffic and his site as an extension and a reflection of that.

It's a right old muddle. The internet needs to remain global. There would be nothing left of it if every state and government bit a piece out of it with censoring and self interest.

edit on 22-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Every election cycle you get a bunch of PAC's buying ads to support their candidate of choice. They can create and run nasty attack ads that their candidate would never personally run due to the potential political fallout. But they do the job and in most cases help their candidate while allowing their candidate to distance themselves form the mud-slinging. This game plays-out between and among the candidates.

What makes this situation different is that instead of a PAC, we have a foreign government getting directly involved in our election process. If you think this is acceptable you are a fool.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

you do know that the facebook is not real?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join