It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia & NASA Will Team Up to Build Lunar Space Station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The plan with sweeping dates, good to see things happening.

Russia and NASA. Russia promised to join a NASA lead effort to build an international outpost near the moon.

In a major space policy decision, Russia will promise to join a NASA-led effort to build an international human outpost in the vicinity of the Moon. Russian industry sources told Popular Mechanics that the head of Roscosmos State Corporation, Igor Komarov, is expected to announce the news next week during a meeting with other space agencies at the 68th International Astronautical Congress in Adelaide, Australia.
www.popularmechanics.com...

Early 2020's is the date they are shooting for. It will become the main destination for the astronauts. Very nice that Russia, the US and some of the usual suspects from the ISS are going to build this. Exciting.

NASA and its partner agencies plan to begin the construction of the modular habitat known as the Deep-Space Gateway in orbit around the Moon in the early 2020s. It will become the main destination for astronauts for at least a decade, extending human presence beyond the Earth's orbit for the first time since the end of the Apollo program in 1972. Launched on NASA's giant SLS rocket and serviced by the crews of the Orion spacecraft, the outpost would pave the way to a mission to Mars in the 2030s.

edit on 21-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Fancy info graphic did its job. Now, we wait and see.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I would think that things have to be popping if they want to start this in 2020's. Even if it is testing and drawing.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Imagine how much the US, Russia, Iran and China could do combined to the space exploration, world hunger, virus outbreaks., deforestation, economics.... you name it!

One great joint adventure? Pretty sure the world would join in.

Instead of all that crap fighting each other over which invisible friend can beat the other invisible friend.
(and resources)

Oh wait.. does this sound like a global government?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now NASA is colluding with Russia? Wow, maybe we will have to get a congressional committee to investigate that too.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I was thinking the same thing... How is that logical that on one side, some are saying Russia is bad and yet, space station and Antarctica make them all friendly friends?...

I usually don't enter into a partnership with an enemy. Maybe I should?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Imagine how much the US, Russia, Iran and China could do combined to the space exploration, world hunger, virus outbreaks., deforestation, economics.... you name it!

One great joint adventure? Pretty sure the world would join in.

Instead of all that crap fighting each other over which invisible friend can beat the other invisible friend.
(and resources)

Oh wait.. does this sound like a global government?

cooperation after competition is the most powerful thing ever.

Space exploration gives us the motivation.. We are nearing the means.. Opportunity is calling the human race.

We can do anything.

part of anything is fighting over political prowess on earth.. or even fighting over clean water and oil..

The other part of anything is written in the stars.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Funny how they would say something like this,yet the MSM is demonizing Russia at every corner,will Democrats use this as proof? lol

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Funny how they would say something like this,yet the MSM is demonizing Russia at every corner,will Democrats use this as proof? lol

It makes the MSM look pretty ridiculous, I think. Creating an enemy for ratings and political partisanship while in reality, the people in both countries would rather just do something productive.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Thats awesome, but I am sure all the jerks seeding discord and distrust for Russia will ruin it.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Good Lord, doesn't people understand that we've been letting Russia go piggyback on our space programs for decades? Even with the first shots to Mars and other planets with rather simple probes, we were giving the Soviets use of our deep space receivers and giant radio telescopes because their systems were too weak. As I've mentioned before, we actually had the data before they did. All is not what you are supposed to believe about the "space race."

Cooperation with Russia is fine and dandy, but not without a solid reason. That chunk of realization is that China is after the same goal. Nobody is going to claim the whole Moon as their property, but it makes for one Hell of a military base.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi

I was thinking the same thing... How is that logical that on one side, some are saying Russia is bad and yet, space station and Antarctica make them all friendly friends?...

It is similar to being enemies with China and allowing massive amounts of imports from them.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Good Lord, doesn't people understand that we've been letting Russia go piggyback on our space programs for decades? Even with the first shots to Mars and other planets with rather simple probes, we were giving the Soviets use of our deep space receivers and giant radio telescopes because their systems were too weak. As I've mentioned before, we actually had the data before they did. All is not what you are supposed to believe about the "space race."

Cooperation with Russia is fine and dandy, but not without a solid reason. That chunk of realization is that China is after the same goal. Nobody is going to claim the whole Moon as their property, but it makes for one Hell of a military base.

But the US gets the pleasure of spending 10's of millions to get our astronauts to ISS on Russian Rockets. Why? Because the US can't get them up there (supposedly).

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am only surprised that no one has popped up and said it "Looks fake" yet. Give it time, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: NowanKenubi

It is similar to being enemies with China and allowing massive amounts of imports from them.

I often wonder why anyone would consider another country an enemy just because of their type of economy/government.

But, I am sure there are people here who hate the Amish because of their simple ways similar to communism.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing!

Not really news, since Chico Xavier told us about the moon bases about 50 years ago.

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

We are taught to hate by the 6 major corps that control the media and the people who make bug $'s off the wars and "actions" of this hate.

97% of people everywhere want the same thing with the exceptions of sociopaths-religious fanatics.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Coming soon our first space colony and our own hybrids. Finally.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What a total waste of time and money! This is a case of "where should we go? Don't know - let's go nowhere in particular".

The money and effort should either be invested in a properly shielded, rotating Mars Cycler and initially used as a springboard for mars sample return missions, followed by human mars round trips and then finally a manned lander, or invested in a permanent lunar base.

The current proposal offers literally nothing that the ISS can't provide (in fact less than the ISS) whilst costing a lot more to build/maintain/reach - not to mention the pointless extended transport times. Space policy should be mars, lunar base or stick to robotic probes.

edit on 22-9-2017 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

There are huge problems keeping astronauts healthy in space. If they were smart, and they are, ISS must have been used to do some major research to the ends of keeping everyone healthy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join