It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. John Lewis Wants To ‘Take A Bullwhip’ To People So They Care About Civil Rights

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Trump has retweeted worse. He's tweeted imagery of beating and killing his opposition, in all kinds of ways!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't think that the money changers liked the taste of the end of Jesus' whip either. Surprise!

Oh I am sure they didn't. Just as I am sure the people that John Lewis wants to bull whip wouldn't like it. Your logic seems to be breaking down. Your saying it is bad if Jesus did it, and using that as an argument to say it is okay that Lewis said it. That is quiet the spin you are weaving.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Which is it? Is Lewis truly threatening to whip folks with a bullwhip, or is it a metaphorical expression of righteous indignation?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Trump has retweeted worse. He's tweeted imagery of beating and killing his opposition, in all kinds of ways!

And once again you are using someone's words that you disagree with to try and justify the same thing with someone else.

smh.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Which is it? Is Lewis truly threatening to whip folks with a bullwhip, or is it a metaphorical expression of righteous indignation?

What would it have been if Trump would have said it? It would be the same thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Your saying it is bad if Jesus did it, and using that as an argument to say it is okay that Lewis said it.

No, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you should not be surprised that people don't like to on the receiving end of anyone's righteous indignation.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He said he's generally not a violent person but said he gets so upset sometimes, he wants to take a bullwhip to people who don't shout loud enough !!!

Context is in a video.

Here's some context. LOL

edit on 2192017 by Snarl because: Better video

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

And once again you are using someone's words that you disagree with to try and justify the same thing with someone else.

smh.

No, I'm pointing the double standard of DC's outrage at the seriousness of Lewis outburst, while laughing off Trump's even more violent regular outburst on Twitter.

Either they are both equally as dangerous, or they are both equally as metaphorical.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

2 problems :

1 - who decides what is " un-just " ?

2 - what is the " required " level of action - and more specifically is a particular observer capable of implimenting it ?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Either they are both equally as dangerous, or they are both equally as metaphorical.

Now we can agree on something.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lewis said sometimes I just want to take a bull whip and tell people to get up and fight racism. He did not say take a bullwhip to people but more like one would with a manner of the sound snapping them out of lethergy. He was saying it in a manner trying to instill urgency by it's sound. Not the wisest metaphor of course.

From that, the Daily Caller quoted the bull whip part, but then finished the sentence with their own context and contorted what he said.

To OPs credit, there was a disclaimer in the op

Context is in a video.

However the op then states that 'he wanted to take a bull whip to people. That was in quotes as if he had said it. HE DID NOT.

He said, sometimes he just wants to take a bull whip, '' AND SAY TO PEOPLE''.
AND SAY TO PEOPLE..Any one see the spin of the incorrect quote there?

This then morphed into

Rep. John Lewis Wants To ‘Take A Bullwhip’ To People So They Care About Civil Rights

Which then, within the context of Daily Caller readers mentality, becomes he wants to take a bullwhip to people who don't care about civil rights.

This then morphs into this

So if you don't adhere to a certain belief or ideology, you should be beaten.
So people shouldn't have different opinions or beliefs.

and this

Perhaps he should be first in line on the receiving end, considering his track record of racial division and predictably frequent false accusations of racism against anyone he disagrees with on a political level.

and this

So John Lewis is a fan of whipping people with a bull whip?
Hmmm. Sounds like he is an OD. Original Democrat.

and this

Can the same be done to elected officials that circumvent the Constitution?
I'm thinking about that whole cruel and unusual punishment thing right about now, Mr. Representative Lewis.

So, here we can see the dangers of '' drift'' . The intent of the statement was completely transformed from a ''sometimes'' feeling of how to instill urgency in ''saying to people'' on his own side to calling for bull whip violence on people with different beliefs.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't know how many people Lewis or anyone else has killed because they had different beliefs.

I really don't!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes indeed, all of that was missed on the entire first page of the thread as the tone was well established by the parrots of the Daily Caller

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And now I have read all the way through the entire thread and only two other members have managed to catch what has happened here. Only two. Real good job of parsing the truth ATS

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
And in case anyone happens to notice that I am now replying to myself, you are correct because its seems I am only talking to myself anyway.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

John Lewis was covering all bases today wasn't he?
Excerpted from: www.breitbart.com...

Thursday at the Congressional Black Caucus Town Hall on Civil Rights, Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) said the election of President Donald Trump emboldened racists to “to put on those hoods, put on those sheets.”

Lewis said, “When we had this most recent election, it helped create the climate and environment to bring out something that had been a little asleep, and people feel like now they can just get away with doing everything.”

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
John Lewis was, once upon a time, a man to be admired, and emulated. Somewhere along the way, he lost the plot. Hopefully, at some point, he'll find the path, again, and I'll be able to admire him, again. Hope springs eternal.

As it stands, right now, he's just another divisive demagogue who I'll ignore much like I ignore Al Sharpeton, another one who's lost the plot.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have ALREADY said we need to REINSTITUTE KNIFE dueling as a MUTUAL personal recourse.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And in case anyone happens to notice that I am now replying to myself, you are correct because its seems I am only talking to myself anyway.

I feel you. You are not alone.

It's good to know I'm not either...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I feel you. You are not alone.

It's good to know I'm not either...

The magnitude of conflation of misunderstood acts and words into positive proof of personal bias posing as political truth is astounding.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join