It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. John Lewis Wants To ‘Take A Bullwhip’ To People So They Care About Civil Rights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: carewemust

He's fighting a losing battle then.

No, look how far we've gotten in the past 50 years! Baby steps, maybe. Two steps forward, one step backward, maybe, but not a losing battle.

You're right on that point. If it were not for civil rights pioneers like John Lewis, Barack Obama would still be a Community Organizer. Not a U.S. Senator even.

In fact, that alone should make Lewis HAPPY now. Are we sure he's not trying to sell a book?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

So when Trump said things about grabbing things, metaphorically, you were okay with that?

Excuse me, but that was NOT metaphorical. Women lined up to testify to that factoid!

"And when you're a mountain climber, they let you do it. You can climb any mountain.

Climb Everest. You can climb any mountain."

Does that mean I climbed Everest? Or am I trying to use hyperbole to bring home the point you can climb any mountain?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: windword

They lined up for Bill Clinton too.

Yep, they sure did. Nothing metaphorical about it!

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There was nothing metaphorical about Trump boast!
edit on 21-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

So basically, if I end up sending my son to the University of Missouri and he has to take the standard class for all white freshman about racial sensitivity, and I don't stand up and protest that, I am derelict in my duty because that class automatically assumes that because he looks white, he's a racist who doesn't know how not to be racist and needs to be deprogrammed of his racism in their indoctrination class that I have to pay for?

Somehow, I don't think that's the kind of thing Lewis is talking about and he's all fine with that arrangement.

link   

So when Trump said things about grabbing things, metaphorically, you were okay with that?

Excuse me, but that was NOT metaphorical. Women lined up to testify to that factoid!

And bing, bong, bong, bing. They were gone. I wonder why that is?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And those same women that were so traumatized and violated went away after the election.... amazng. You would think if he really did all that and these women finally got the courage to come forward they would not have just dropped it and went away after the election that was all bogus just to try and take Trump out

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Hillary's check bounced.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

One problem is, he might be "encouraging" some groups to riot.

Unfortunately, that's what ends up happening all too often.

There is no might about it. He is telling people exactly what he wants.

I believe so.

We've seen a lot of that lately.

Maxine Waters, Loretta Lynch and a few others have made "inciting" statements.

Why is it when someone gets Righteously Indignated they never seem to like the Righteous Indignation from people that disagree with them?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hillary's check bounced.

Then she put them back into that empty basket she talked about.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I wonder why Trump didn't sue them, like he promised? Was that a metaphorical threat?

This is fun, talking about metaphoric pussy grabbing by our Commander in Chief and comparing it to John Lewis call to action against racism and attacks on Civil Rights.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

One problem is, he might be "encouraging" some groups to riot.

Unfortunately, that's what ends up happening all too often.

There is no might about it. He is telling people exactly what he wants.

I believe so.

We've seen a lot of that lately.

Maxine Waters, Loretta Lynch and a few others have made "inciting" statements.

Why is it when someone gets Righteously Indignated they never seem to like the Righteous Indignation from people that disagree with them?

I don't think that the money changers liked the taste of the end of Jesus' whip either. Surprise!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

edit on 21-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

link   

I wonder why Trump didn't sue them, like he promised? Was that a metaphorical threat?

This is fun, talking about metaphoric pussy grabbing by our Commander in Chief and comparing it to John Lewis call to action against racism and attacks on Civil Rights.

Lewis wants to harm people who don't believe the same way as he does.

And you support that.

link   

They lined up for Bill Clinton too.

Yep, they sure did. Nothing metaphorical about it!

There was nothing metaphorical about Trump boast!

It's not a boast at all. It's hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

And you support that.

Trump wants plow down CNN reporters with a locomotive because he doesn't like what they report. And you support that?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I don't believe you.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Because they just stopped and disappeared.

Your telling me. Trump did not say anything about whipping people he disagreed with using a bull whip. Could you imagine if he did? I don't think you would be so ready to defend his Righteous Indignation.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

You would think if he really did all that and these women finally got the courage to come forward they would not have just dropped it

Most of them only came forward to attest to the truth of the Trump "Access Hollywood" persona we all heard. Almost all of their claims were too old to prosecute. Their testimonies were public service announcements.

What happened to Trumps threat to sue them?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And you support that.

Trump wants plow down CNN reporters with a locomotive because he doesn't like what they report. And you support that?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I don't believe you.

I don't expect you to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join