It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un says Trump will 'pay dearly' for UN speech

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

The USA, has over 10,000 nukes

6,800 nukes as for the rest, huh?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: dianajune

Oh Trump will pay for it all right when Fat Boy decided to turn North Korea into his own personal Stalingrad should the US invade his country. By giving Trump his own Stalingrad, that will forever taint his image as a President.

Going back to a conversation I had with a neighbor re. Trump prior to the election, I assumed he would be less likely to get us into war than Hillary. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I was wrong. If Hillary won the election, I wonder how she'd be dealing with this crisis?

This will be worse than Stalingrad.

So you are forgetting how NK was acting the last 10 years prior?

He is shooting missiles over country's are we supposed to laugh it off? Maybe Hillary would've already nuked him we don't know do we? Her diabolical ass might want war to make money. Trump will do it because there is a maniac out of control daring to hit allies of the US and Britain with nukes.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: whywhynot

Then have fun staying here! I don't know why anyone cares what I think is best for my family.

You definitely need to consider your family but don't let emotion decide. Common sense says this is the best place on planet earth. How do i know? The people streaming over our borders from the entire planet. We have freedom of all men here. You should be so lucky anywhere else as the free countries are given over to Sharia as we speak and the gov's all want more power.

This country has checks and balances or the Elite would have gotten us back in a few years as they have just about done to us now. The US and Britain are the places that free men were able to get fair trials. Keep that in mind. Canada is NOT as free as America IMO but it is a good second. Go, and feel safe if you can. My kids come first too and I would sure do what I thought was best for them.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
I don't know if this has something to do with North Korea, just thought I'd throw this in there:

I messaged DefCon Warning Systems about this and will let you know what they say.

Edit: They messaged me back, saying they didn't know if this is related to NK or not but that it is possible.

You are probably right about this being NK. With threats of Nuking people.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Uh huh...
www.activistpost.com...
We've got BETTER unseen weapons and troops than anyone in the past EVER thought of.
You'd THINK by your label, YOU'D know about Project THOR.

Yup rods from god and particle beams, it's no telling what we got.

Stuff of lore! They are holding it back for the real shock and awe that they teased the Iraqi's before shutting it down to conventional.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Kim Jong Un says Trump will 'pay dearly' for UN speech

Careful Kim.

Or will send Seth Rogen to do an interview!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I disagree with everything you wrote, including the opinion that your thoughts represent common sense.

No offense. I have just deduced other conclusions after the last several administrations.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
How long has North Korea, much less Kim the Third, been making these threats?

I'll save you the work... Since 1950, and the invasion of the South, it's been a constant never ending barrage of this sort of thing.

What has come of it? Nothing.

When North Korea stops the bombastic rhetorical flourishes then, and only then, will I begin to get a bit concerned.

I'd say testing a 50 megaton hydrogen bomb under ground and then proclaiming that he's going to blow one up in the air above the pacific is a far cry from "never ending barrage of this sort of thing."

It's waaaaaaaaaaaay passed saber rattling.

What's your plan? Wait for him to drop a nuke on America?

Do remember that this Kim killed his own brother. Do remember that this Kim is not the previous Kim's and that he's completely and totally unhinged. Do remember that no previous Kim had nuclear weapons. Do remember that no previous Kim has tested a 50 megaton nuclear bomb, nor has threatened to pop one over the pacific just for the world to see.
edit on 23-9-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: seagull
How long has North Korea, much less Kim the Third, been making these threats?

I'll save you the work... Since 1950, and the invasion of the South, it's been a constant never ending barrage of this sort of thing.

What has come of it? Nothing.

When North Korea stops the bombastic rhetorical flourishes then, and only then, will I begin to get a bit concerned.

I'd say testing a 50 megaton hydrogen bomb under ground and then proclaiming that he's going to blow one up in the air above the pacific is a far cry from "never ending barrage of this sort of thing."

It's waaaaaaaaaaaay passed saber rattling.

What's your plan? Wait for him to drop a nuke on America?

Do remember that this Kim killed his own brother. Do remember that this Kim is not the previous Kim's and that he's completely and totally unhinged. Do remember that no previous Kim had nuclear weapons. Do remember that no previous Kim has tested a 50 megaton nuclear bomb, nor has threatened to pop one over the pacific just for the world to see.

I hate to nitpick, but they haven't tested a megaton-class bomb yet. Their last test was estimated around 120 kilotons. Not that that isn't deadly enough, just thought someone should correct you on that.

It may not have even been a "real" hydrogen bomb.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Maybe if every other president before Trump didn't appease NK and put them in their place right from the start this little-boy-rocket would have a little more understanding of how will play out for him if the US decides to extend a fraction of its military resources on NK AND China if they happen to interfere.

Nobody wants to be stuck with a billion starving Chinese after their government is destroyed is probably the only card NK has left. Lil Kim just doesn't know any better thanks to previous appeasments.

I'm all for taking off the gloves but we will see how people more reserved than me play this out.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

50 megaton? Rather unlikely.

So you want to start a war that would likely see the deaths of millions on a "maybe"? Rock on, just count me out.

Please stop trying to lay some form of faux guilt trip onto those who disagree with you. Didn't work when my mom tried it when I was a kid, it's not going to work now many years later. Take your game elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I don't know why Trump can't just shut his mouth for once. Every time Kim says something, Trump has to respond, ratcheting up the tension. That was one of bigger concerns about his coming into office. He can't -stand- to not have the last word, if someone dares to insult him. He says something at U.N. - Kim responds. Instead of taking the dignified high road, he has to tweet more crap today. Why is he goading him? I don't think there is a purpose other than Trump doesn't like to be one-upped.. ever.. by anyone. Dangerous trait for someone in his position.

Obama played nice and now Kim &co are worse than ever.
people like that can't be reasoned with but they might back down if a real confrontation is imminent.
similar to Hitler.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yeah.
Hitler backed down. Bigly.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Therefore, a pre-emptive strike would, imho, be in order.

You are preaching to the choir, I think it's time for 'lil kim to get a rod from god.

A kinetic bombardment or a kinetic orbital strike is the hypothetical act of attacking a planetary surface with an inert projectile, where the destructive force comes from the kinetic energy of the projectile impacting at very high velocities. The concept originated during the Cold War.

Sadly this kind of technology hasn't been explored as it is less harmful then conventional weapons. I was discussing this with a German friend of mine and while it's not a weapon that is viable at the moment, it should be considered in the future.

As for for Trumps' threat to 'destroy North Korea' that's OTT. There are a lot of innocent people there and it's the hierarchy that needs to be ousted.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The whole rod from God concept was more for using on other bodies that have thin atmospheres. With a thin atmosphere, you can divert something at orbital velocity into a target on the surface and at that speed you're going to do a ton of damage from the kinetic energy alone. Earth has a thicker atmosphere though. You're not gonna get something from orbit down to the surface without it losing a significant amount of its velocity due to drag, so for most targets you're still gonna need a warhead.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It was about bombing Martians?

Thing is, like a lot of the "Star Wars" stuff, it turned it that it wasn't as easy or cool as it sounded. But it would have been a good workaround for the Outer Space Treaty.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not sure the person who came up with it had a specific planet in mind, he just realized that bases on planetary bodies with little or no atmosphere would be highly susceptible to you using the high velocities inherent to interplanetary travel to hit them with something so hard you wouldn't need a warhead. It just won't work as well on Earth.

And why bother anyway when we have proven weapons that can get the job done?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtellwe had a stale mate with korea because the only real way to beat them would be to stop china who was backing them at the time same with vietnam . nk can't really depend on china's help right now they depend on us buying their products. and now we have much more precise weapons we could take out lil kim and his military launch facilities in a matter of hours

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
i don't know maybe it is him threatening to nuke guam and now actually being able to do it every previous president back to strt of korean war dropped the bal by letting them develop this technology we need to take his nuclear weapon facilities out and stop all future r&d we need to also take out his government with precision missile strikes
or covert strike we also need to make sure we stop him from shipping any of his nukes out of country to any terrorist organizations or the saudis

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

i don't know maybe it is him threatening to nuke guam

He didn't actually make that threat.

But I think you may be overestimating our abilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join