It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Have Spotted a Strange Hybrid Asteroid between Mars and Jupiter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: wildespace

I'm not up to scratch on my astronomy but wouldn't it be easier to find dwarf stars that are part of a binary system than founding our own if we had one?

Find a star, look in it's general direction for it's partner. The partner isn't going to be on the other side of the universe, or it wouldn't be binary.

We've got a full 360° to look at, yes gravity could give subtle clues and such but you're still looking for a needle in a haystack.

As I see it, we can't use the rule of thumb approach to astronomy, our books constantly change as our perception improves.

Rogue planets and failed stars are apparently a reality. Would our solar system being a binary one not be possible?

We'll keep detecting new things, new phenomena. Brown stars were only a theory 50 or so years ago.

We detected lots of solitary brown dwarfs. The Sun's companion would have to be very close to us, within approximately 1 to 1.5 light years if it were to be gravitationally bound to the Sun. Being that close, it would have been visible in infrared telescopes, and affecting our system gravitationally. None of that has been observed. It's like being able to see elephants from miles away, but not seeing one across the street.

People really need to get out of that "most stars are binary, therefore it's likely that our Sun has a companion" mindset, it's really not doing anyone any favours. There are lots of solitary stars, and our Sun is one of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm not up to scratch on my astronomy but wouldn't it be easier to find dwarf stars that are part of a binary system than founding our own if we had one?

Find a star, look in it's general direction for it's partner. The partner isn't going to be on the other side of the universe, or it wouldn't be binary.

We've got a full 360° to look at, yes gravity could give subtle clues and such but you're still looking for a needle in a haystack.

As I see it, we can't use the rule of thumb approach to astronomy, our books constantly change as our perception improves.

Rogue planets and failed stars are apparently a reality. Would our solar system being a binary one not be possible?

We'll keep detecting new things, new phenomena. Brown stars were only a theory 50 or so years ago.

We detected lots of solitary brown dwarfs. The Sun's companion would have to be very close to us, within approximately 1 to 1.5 light years if it were to be gravitationally bound to the Sun. Being that close, it would have been visible in infrared telescopes, and affecting our system gravitationally. None of that has been observed. It's like being able to see elephants from miles away, but not seeing one across the street.

People really need to get out of that "most stars are binary, therefore it's likely that our Sun has a companion" mindset, it's really not doing anyone any favours. There are lots of solitary stars, and our Sun is one of them.

So many threads on Nibiru but one thing for sure we are getting more and more sophisticated with our Tech to find such a star. If there is a brown dwarf TPTB already know about it and are planning accordingly. The ancillary data is pointing towards something major is happening in our Solar System that many scientist can't pinpoint. The elite appear to be partying like it's 1999 and building hide-a- ways underground. These clues make a thinking person pause to ponder.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Being that close, it would have been visible in infrared telescopes, and affecting our system gravitationally.

Especially that, affecting the planets in our own system. Can you say how? Do we know whether known binary systems have any planets?

edit on 23-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is clearly not two spaceships that Hubble can clearly see

Nice share gortex

edit on 9/23/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
So many threads on Nibiru but one thing for sure we are getting more and more sophisticated with our Tech to find such a star. If there is a brown dwarf TPTB already know about it and are planning accordingly.

TPTB aren't the ones doing astronomy and reporting about it. Amateurs astronomers and various observatories are. There's no "planning" to do about it; the moment someone discovers something new (especially as groundbreaking as a large object in our own Solar System), it's gonna get anounced through various sources, like the Minor Planet Center.

You can't forbid people from observing the sky and reporting what they see.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
One post it took to see "Clinton/Trump " mentioned.

I remember when ATS was a conspiracy website and not a political pissing contest.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why is it in the here and now. 2017. All this tech with $1000 iphones and such. Why are all the images of space crap quality??? There are only two types of NASA or other agencies pictures. CGI or a real photo that looks like it was taken by a camera from 1997.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: Black_Fox
One post it took to see "Clinton/Trump " mentioned.

I remember when ATS was a conspiracy website and not a political pissing contest.

Indeed. ATS has been bought hence the ads and topics that are not "normal" are deleted and no discussion is even aloud.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Just keep your eyes wide open. There is weird stuff going on all around my area. Oh and those strange lights in the sky, they're also on the ground. And there's different kinds of beings that are made of gray mist. Really!!Shanna Besser
edit on 28-9-2017 by Shannabananabesser because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join