It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kumbaya, my ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Even if you got every single member of ATS to become non partisan...

The Corporate oligarchy will roll over you anyway. They laugh at the squabbling monkeys fighting over rotten bananas.

I think it was Zappa that said, politics is just the entertainment faction of the Military industrial complex. Sounds about right.
edit on 21-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't want to get them to become non partisan , I just want them to temporarily put aside their partisan to accomplish something that will benefit them both .

The Corporate oligarchy will roll over you anyway. They laugh at the squabbling monkeys fighting over rotten bananas.

Most likely , and no doubt they laugh at people running around chasing their tails and expecting a good decision to come from a group of individuals riddled with conflict of interest.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wouldn't your two main goals be easier to accomplish with the OP's 6 implemented?

Possibly, but I still think this issue is hurting more Americans than those issues are. They are important, but the war on drugs is straight up unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

1. Congress term limits

One term of any office period. Senate needs to be 4 years. Don't give them time to become the lobby tools they are. Look at the net worth of any pol AFTER they leave office.

Best post award my friend.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not paying attention? Do you honestly think I don't support those ideas? You made an assertion that if you value a priority other than those 6 then you are on the wrong track. My priority isn't on your list, but it shows a problem with your reasoning. Not everyone agrees that the same issues are plaguing the country or prioritizes them on the same level.
edit on 21-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Fantastic list. We all need to put those issues on our "to do" lists.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Wouldn't your two main goals be easier to accomplish with the OP's 6 implemented?

Possibly, but I still think this issue is hurting more Americans than those issues are. They are important, but the war on drugs is straight up unconstitutional.

I agree with you in regards to the War on Drugs and the militarization of the Police.

However their is no point to expect the people that designed and benefited from their regulations to fix the issue for you. Its not broken for them, and that is why neither party has addressed the issue. You must first get rid of conflict of interest to really address any issue in this country.

You can't expect your local sleazy car salesmen to tell you that the dealer next door has the better deal and cars. Yet that is what people are expecting with congress. They expect congress to make a good deal for the American public despite the control the big lobbyist have over congress.

edit on 05930America/ChicagoThu, 21 Sep 2017 12:05:17 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I don't want to get them to become non partisan , I just want them to temporarily put aside their partisan to accomplish something that will benefit them both .

Most likely , and no doubt they laugh at people running around chasing their tails and expecting a good decision to come from a group of individuals riddled with conflict of interest.

Then perhaps we should start where the problem really lies. With the Mega corps, banking/wall street people that pull the politicians strings. Politicians are a symptom of a much more toxic disease. Politicians aren't going to change and bite the hand that feeds them.

One thing about corruption....

The worst affected from corruption is the common man. Kailash Kher

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Then perhaps we should start where the problem really lies. With the Mega corps, banking/wall street people that pull the politicians strings. Politicians are a symptom of a much more toxic disease. Politicians aren't going to change and bite the hand that feeds them.

Exactly. However, we have no control over those Mega corps Oligarch. Our only card that we can play without a full on revolt is for the individual democrats and republicans to join forces and force the GOP, DNC, and MSM to only focus on the list I provided.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

A good thread and questions. I don't believe it will happen, unless the gerrymandered electorate is fixed first.

The number one issue for Christians is anti abortion and or liberals.
The number one issue for rural white is immigration and anti liberal.
I don't see them changing. Both are very powerful electorate votes.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I could never in good conscience support Donald Trump or the party that supports him.

Talking with Trump supporters here on ATS has solidified that. If the right wing came up with a candidate that supports full legalization and decriminalization of all drugs, free healthcare, and a universal basic income they'd have my support.

So basically, it'll never happen. The way I've been treated after this past election (death threats, etc) by Trump supporters simply for choosing to speak my mind showed me everything I need to know about the people that stand behind this sorry excuse for a president.

Thank you Trump supporters, for making sure conservative will always be a dirty word to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You made an assertion that if you value a priority other than those 6 then you are on the wrong track.

I completely agree with you in regards to the War on drugs the Police but I think its naive to expect a resolution to come from a group of individuals riddled with conflict of interest.

i think we must first minimize the corruption and conflict of interest before expecting any resolutions from congress.

Why or how do you expect a congress and gov't that benefits from the war on drugs to fix the issue they created ?
edit on 22930America/ChicagoThu, 21 Sep 2017 12:22:20 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Exactly. However, we have no control over those Mega corps Oligarch. Our only card that we can play without a full on revolt is for the individual democrats and republicans to join forces and force the GOP, DNC, and MSM to only focus on the list I provided.

Politics in and of itself is a "business" a self perpetuating money pit, completely divorced from voting, will of the people and rule of law.

I agree it would be wonderful for the two big political parties speak as one voice. But with the underlying racism inherent in the American electorate...good luck.

ATS is actually a great look into the American culture and society. But what do I know...I've been marginalized many years ago as a "people like you" what ever that is....and I don't expect that to change anytime soon..

as Pogo used to say..."I have seen the enemy and he is us"

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Only stupid sheeple think, that it matters if you write some name on a piece of paper, or mark an X somewhere.

This is 2017 (i think, not so sure)

Freedom is dead, and there are no golden shovels to dig yourselves out of this (SNIP).

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I could never in good conscience support Donald Trump or the party that supports him.

Nobody is saying to support Donald Trump or the Party. I'm actually asking for the opposite.

What I'm asking is for everyone to temporarily put their political ideals aside to take on BOTH parties (DNC & GOP) and the MSM. Both parties and the Media are using distractions to keep the people focused on the symptoms versus the real issue.

As long as people keep trying to address the symptoms of healthcare, SS, Taxes ,etc with a group of individuals that are riddled with conflict of interest nothing will be fixed. That is why the same issues that exist today existed for numerous decades prior.

Thank you Trump supporters, for making sure conservative will always be a dirty word to me.

Then you are part of the problem and have fallen into their segregation games to keep you fighting with each other. Sure there have been rude supporters on both sides but as long as democrats and republicans refuse to grow up and continue to hate each other and not work together Corporations will continue to rule and Democrats and Republicans will infinitely get shafted by Big Corp.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm currently putting my hopes in the legal weed market. It is making good strides and as the money pull builds soon the tide will be inevitable. Especially once the banks get tired of being squeezed out of their profits thanks to issues that the plant being illegal create between the legal dispensaries and their banking institutions. The way I see it, money can be used to our benefit too.
edit on 21-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The time will come when the Democratic party eats you. Eventually, they'll be every bit as cruel to you as you think Trump supporters have been. You'll eventually see that the Democratic party doesn't even support full legalization and decriminalization of all drugs, free healthcare, and a universal basic income either...and that maybe you don't even want our government (run primarily by the two corrupt parties) to even have that kind of power and budget to exploit.

And maybe when you finally hate both parties equally -- as everyone in their right mind should -- then you'll realize the power you have in finding common ground with people who have differing views about government.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nobody is saying to support Donald Trump or the Party. I'm actually asking for the opposite.

What I'm asking is for everyone to temporarily put their political ideals aside to take on BOTH parties (DNC & GOP) and the MSM. Both parties and the Media are using distractions to keep the people focused on the symptoms versus the real issue.

As long as people keep trying to address the symptoms of healthcare, SS, Taxes ,etc with a group of individuals that are riddled with conflict of interest nothing will be fixed. That is why the same issues that exist today existed for numerous decades prior.

Then you are part of the problem and have fallen into their segregation games to keep you fighting with each other. Sure there have been rude supporters on both sides but as long as democrats and republicans refuse to grow up and continue to hate each other and not work together Corporations will continue to rule and Democrats and Republicans will infinitely get shafted by Big Corp.

I agree with you about both parties being total crap, I've said the same thing over and over myself. I have no problem letting go of my "politics" as they are, but it can't be a one sided thing.

I'll tell you what, find me some Trump supporters who are willing to forego their support for Trump and what he stands for and I'll be glad to meet in the middle.

I'll wait.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The time will come when the Democratic party eats you. Eventually, they'll be every bit as cruel to you as you think Trump supporters have been. You'll eventually see that the Democratic party doesn't even support full legalization and decriminalization of all drugs, free healthcare, and a universal basic income either...and that maybe you don't even want our government (run primarily by the two corrupt parties) to even have that kind of power and budget to exploit.

And maybe when you finally hate both parties equally -- as everyone in their right mind should -- then you'll realize the power you have in finding common ground with people who have differing views about government.

I'm not naive enough to believe the mob think of any political party. I recognize it's all BS, and I'm no more a supporter of the DNC than I am the RNC.

As I said above, I have no problem coming to the middle against both political parties. But for that to happen the Trump people have to let go of their support for Trump as well.

It can't just be one sided.
edit on 21-9-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join