It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kumbaya, my ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think its safe to say that both major party SUCK and I think most sane ATS members would agree deep down. I can't imagine someone actually being proud of their party or proud of our 4 year election of the lesser evil BS.

Granted the level of SUCK can be debatable , but nonetheless they BOTH pretty much suck.

The same issues that have been rehashed by the DNC,GOP, and the MSM have existed through numerous decades with no resolution , despite both party having full control at one time or another.

Politicians are not thought of as the pinnacle of honesty and integrity. Yet neither major party nor most individual democrats or republicans focus on the conflict of interest revolving around gov't and the private industries which they are suppose to regulate.

Why are people wasting their breath and talking about healthcare,SS,Welfare,racism,sexism,taxes,World conflict ,immigration,etc with a group of individuals that have conflict of interest with those same industries?

Is it coincidence that most industries deemed broken by the individual democrat and republican are working just fine for the corporate behemoths which helped influence and draft the regulations in those industries? "The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens"

So I ask , would you be willing to temporary put aside your political ideals and join forces with the opposing party to get back control of your gov't by

A. Stop creating a new thread every 1 minute about the hypocrisy or corruption of the 'OTHER' party or candidate. I think the message has been delivered and received loud an clear. We get it , they both suck.

B. Start working together and become a loud voice to represent Americans against Special interest instead of fighting with each other.

C. Ignore the temptation to speak or focus about any topics or issues that don't deal with:

1. Congress term limits

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

What I would love to see is a protest march with Republicans and Democrats demanding that the GOP,DNC, and the MSM only talk and focus on those 6 issues. Discussing anything else besides those 6 things is just a waste of time , as been proven by the past numerous decades.

I have asked several people on ATS if they would temporarily put aside their political ideals to join forces in the following 6 topics and sadly it appears that they are more concerned about blaming or hating the other party then really fixing our Country.

If you don't agree with those 6 items listed above as being the only worth while issues we should be focused on , then why do you think its a good idea to discuss resolutions with a group of individuals that have conflict of interests?

edit on 22930America/ChicagoThu, 21 Sep 2017 11:22:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I get that people would subscribe to se conservatism or liberalism. But how that translates into worshipping the fake Two Party System is asinine.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
I think its safe to say that both major party SUCK and I think most sane ATS members would agree deep down. I can't imagine someone actually being proud of their party or proud of our 4 year election of the lesser evil BS.

Granted the level of SUCK can be debatable , but nonetheless they BOTH pretty much suck.

The same issues that have been rehashed by the DNC,GOP, and the MSM have existed through numerous decades with no resolution , despite both party having full control at one time or another.

Politicians are not thought of as the pinnacle of honesty and integrity. Yet neither major party nor most individual democrats or republicans focus on the conflict of interest revolving around gov't and the private industries which they are suppose to regulate.

Why are people wasting their breath and talking about healthcare,SS,Welfare,racism,sexism,taxes,World conflict ,immigration,etc with a group of individuals that have conflict of interest with those same industries?

Is it coincidence that most industries deemed broken by the individual democrat and republican are working just fine for the corporate behemoths which helped influence and draft the regulations in those industries? "The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens"

So I ask , would you be willing to temporary put aside your political ideals and join forces with the opposing party to get back control of your gov't by

Stop creating a new thread every 1 minute about the hypocrisy or corruption of the 'OTHER' party or candidate. I think the message has been delivered and received loud an clear. We get it , they both suck.

Start working together and become a loud voice to represent Americans against Special interest instead of fighting with each other.

Ignore the temptation to speak or focus about any topics or issues that don't deal with:

1. Congregational term limits

3. Lobbying reform

6. Transparency

What I would love to see is a protest march with Republicans and Democrats demanding that the GOP,DNC, and the MSM only talk and focus on those 6 issues. Discussing anything else besides those 6 things is just a waste of time , as been proven by the past numerous decades.

I have asked several people on ATS if they would temporarily put aside their political ideals to join forces in the following 6 topics and sadly it appears that they are more concerned about blaming or hating the other party then really fixing our Country.

If you don't agree with those 6 items listed above as being the only worth while issues we should be focused on , then why do you think its a good idea to discuss resolutions with a group of individuals that have conflict of interests?

Ummm...A...A...A...A...men...

Break it down now...A...A...A...A...men...Amen...Amen...

Not that your OP will sway any minds or be the catalyst for reformation...but I wholeheartedly agree with you man...
(or woman...Or...)

YouSir

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You are quite correct. So I'm going to approach the moderators to add another award to the stars and flags.
This could be called an ASBO. Do not get confused with the UKs asbo, which is an "anti social behavior order".
This would be an "Award for Stating the Bleeding Obvious"
In consequence I award you the first ASBO.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
After Trump-they'll be no differences in the parties. Our future political scene is in for a real shake up.
People are waking up. If anything, Trump's outlandish, loud, showmanship is causing alot of attention and maybe making people start to THINK about issues. He's a joke, but he's our joke. And maybe time to scrap the demo/repugs all together.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Not that your OP will sway any minds or be the catalyst for reformation.

Agreed, at best we might be able to identify those of us that aren't fully drinking the kool-aid with the distractions ,since we tend to get drowned out and out numbered by the political party loyalist.
edit on 04930America/ChicagoThu, 21 Sep 2017 11:04:51 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

That's why I'm loving this presidency. It's seriously separating the wheat from the chaff. Whatever we think of Trump is irrelevant, we're finally starting to see just how greasy these bastards are.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Politicians are nothing more than high priced prostitutes that "we, the people" can't afford.
Big corporations and special interest groups are the only ones that can provide the money and drugs (power and greed) that politicians are interested in.
There's no way they're going to neuter that golden goose
We, the people just choose which ones get to work the house.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
YES

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
Politicians are nothing more than high priced prostitutes that "we, the people" can't afford.
Big corporations and special interest groups are the only ones that can provide the money and drugs (power and greed) that politicians are interested in.
There's no way they're going to neuter that golden goose
We, the people just choose which ones get to work the house.

Individual democrats and republicans must join forces against the DNC and GOP in order to shrink the opportunities for corruption within congress. They are not going to do it to themselves, the system is not broken for THEM.

edit on 23930America/ChicagoThu, 21 Sep 2017 11:23:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Kumbaya?

You title a thread Kumbaya and expect unity?

All you will get is Unicorn Farts.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Terms limits, I have been wanting those enacted forever it seems. Neither side of the aisle will EVER willingly vote less time to enrich themselves and be generally corrupt #%@%#'s.

Maybe if the population at large gets behind a presidential candidate who will enact it by EO? Even then, can't the Senate and House overturn said order?

Sometimes I wish we could have a do over.....toss every single politician and entrenched bureaucrat in DC out on their azzes and start over.
edit on am99201717America/Chicago21p11am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

edit on am99201717America/Chicago21p11am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Individual democrats and republicans must join forces against the DNC and GOP in order to shrink the opportunities for corruption within congress. They are not going to do it to themselves, the system is not broken for THEM.

Yes, many do get into politics with nothing but good intentions.
But then, those "opportunities" come knocking on their door, and seemingly are unable to resist them.
And the band plays on...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Black Pigeon Speaks came out with this video today. Although it applies to two Londons, I found many similarities with Washington DC while watching it.

I agree with all 6 of your bullet points, but I realize at this point people in hell want ice water as well. The world is swimming in sewer of corruption.

edit on 21-9-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

1. Congress term limits

3. Lobbying reform

6. Transparency

These 6 things are usually well agreed upon by people of all political leanings. The only exception is the people it will affect the most. So to keep us from being unified for something like this we will continue to be distracted by tweets of Coveffe, celebrities beheading the president, or whatever other distraction the media can come up with.

Nice thread

edit on 21-9-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My number one priority in the country is ending the war on drugs and deescalating police militarization. That isn't on you list so I can't agree with your topic.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wouldn't your two main goals be easier to accomplish with the OP's 6 implemented?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

After Trump-they'll be no differences in the parties.

There is and has been very little difference with the two parties besides verbal rhetoric.

Our future political scene is in for a real shake up. People are waking up.

I think that door is being closed as we speak.
The Internet played a major role in waking people up in demonstrating the political party hypocrisy ,lies, and scandals .

That is why you have tech companies such as Google and Facebook putting together a brigade of sources they consider TRUTH and on the other side you have Trump selecting the worst possible candidate for the FCC, that will empower your ISP to control what websites you visit and can access.

Once the big corporations get back FULL control of the Internet this window opportunity will be closed and everyone will go back to feeding from the controlled propaganda designed by the lobbyist and gov't, via the Radio,TV,print, and now the Internet.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

My number one priority in the country is ending the war on drugs and deescalating police militarization. That isn't on you list so I can't agree with your topic.

I am with you on adding that to the list

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Then you are not paying attention.

The War on drugs and police militarization is a direct effect of special interest and conflict of interest within our congress. In order to end the War on drugs and fix the police you need to get back control of the gov't and get them to listen to the people and not the lobbying industry that is benefiting from the war on drugs.

You can't fix the War on drugs or just about any other issue in this country, until you tackle conflict of interest first.

edit on 55930America/ChicagoThu, 21 Sep 2017 11:55:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join