It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I finally watched the Snowden movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: kloejen

you replied before my edit:

I do not agree with the NSA spying on American citizens. Nobody in their right mind would.

The problem is that Snowman took a lot more than just the domestic spying stuff.

But the guy who exposed this atrocity, you would have killed by firing squad ?

You are talking in circles!

Time to rethink?

Im not your enemy!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
And dont forget Snowden didnt do this to get famous, make money, or sell it to Russia.

He SHARED it with the world!

Your government is corrupt as hell! Problem is you gotta realise it!

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
And dont forget Snowden didnt do this to get famous, make money, or sell it to Russia.

Peace

Again, he shared a lot more than just domestic spying. You fail to see that point. If he had just stuck to the domestic spying, I would probably have a different opinion. But he disclosed how we get information from foreign sources about as well, which allowed them to go dark...to avoid using the systems we used to monitor them.

He put this country at a huge risk by doing this.

The proper way he should have handled it, if he was so concerned, was to turn over what he had to the Inspector General of one of the agencies outside of NSA. Not disclose it to the whole world.

We won't ever agree so have a good night and sleep well... I do... I bet Snowden doesn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Peace

Again, he shared a lot more than just domestic spying. You fail to see that point. If he had just stuck to the domestic spying, I would probably have a different opinion. But he disclosed how we get information from foreign sources about as well, which allowed them to go dark...to avoid using the systems we used to monitor them.

No. You are confusing Bradley Manning and Wikileaks who did not redact the papers from names, which could potentially get people in harms way. But no one did.

He put this country at a huge risk by doing this.

He exposed your governments wrong doings! Actually he saved you all from getting into a huge risk!

The proper way he should have handled it, if he was so concerned, was to turn over what he had to the Inspector General of one of the agencies outside of NSA. Not disclose it to the whole world.

Seriously??? You didnt see the film!
He did turn it over to his senior officers, but they told him to shut up about it due to "national security".

Its in the film, AND the documentary, which i encourage you to see. Citizen Four!

You read what you want to read!

And a good night to you

edit on 21/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

it looks nothing like what was portrayed in the movie.

so your issue with the movies accuracy is because one of their sets didnt look enough like the real world location it was modeled after? that is your only presented reason why the man is not a hero a "deserves justice" cause i guess separating him from his family isnt torment enough.

i mean how dare that fker reveal to the nation that the NSA LIED to congress just months prior to the revelations,

you are aware that was literally all that happened right? congress asked the NSA are you spying on americans, they said no, snowden released documents proving they were and they lied to congress... the state hates him for proving them liers to the people.

imo anyone who doesnt support him believe congress has no right to get the truth when interrogating persons of power in our system.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

No, I do not support him. As I said he had the option of going to various department Inspector Generals ad turning over his information so it could have been investigated. Which it would have been.

There was no need to go public.

If you watched the movie, it was implied that he had a problem on his polygraph because he had accessed programs he didn't have a clearance to access. He admitted to it and should have been fired on the spot if that was true because that is what happens in real life.

Like I said I do not agree with the NSA spying on Americans, but he gave up a lot more than just that. He gave up stuff that had nothing to do with spying on US citizens allowing terrorist organizations to effectively go dark since they knew exactly what methods were used to track them. People most likely died as a result of that and I firmly believe he deserves the death sentence for his actions.

He had his 15 minutes of fame, and I hope he spends the rest of his life regretting what he did.

If Russia wants to open up an avenue of talk with the US, then they should fly his ass back to the US where he can be put on trial and let a jury decide his fate. They won't find him the hero you do, I assure you that.

And just for icing on the cake, I don't believe Manning's pardon was the right thing to do. He should have served the sentence he was given.

No, I do not have any soft spot for anyone who leaks classified information for whatever justification they feel they have.

edit on R412017-09-22T09:41:17-05:00k419Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R372017-09-22T10:37:06-05:00k379Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join