It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain is dropping the hammer on Catalonia.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
a
That right there is enough to show this "vote" was nothing but separatists stuffing ballot boxes. 90% among 2.26 million people, that just doesn't happen.

Not true. Puerto Rico's statehood referendum got 97% in favor of statehood because the opposition groups all stayed home. Could be the same thing here.

A quick Google search tells me 7.5 million people live in the region, let's guess that around half are of voting age or legal then it sounds about right.

I remember hearing around 60% of potential voters casted votes.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The whole vote was a sham. Catalonia is a part of Spain and must work within Spanish law. I am an advocate of self determination but you have to work within the law.

Sadly, IMHO Spain misplayed this by their actions. This is of course what the Catalan nationalists want, so Spain have played into their hands.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The whole vote was a sham. Catalonia is a part of Spain and must work within Spanish law. I am an advocate of self determination but you have to work within the law.

Sadly, IMHO Spain misplayed this by their actions. This is of course what the Catalan nationalists want, so Spain have played into their hands.

I don't really have a dog in this race, I was just pointing out that you can have a 'legitimate' 90%+ vote due to mitigating circumstances.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Spanish royals have orchestrated various clashes with Morocco at the border, in order to get the scare going and get the military spending going. All military spending which is about to turn into smoke under the Russian bombs in Idlib.

Well spent taxpayer's money ...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Source?

Secondly the Spanish territory that borders Morocco is not large enough to have "clashes".

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Catalonia 'National Day' rally draws million

Link

About a million people have taken to the streets of Barcelona to mark Catalonia's "National Day" and show continued support for independence. The annual celebration is the first since Catalonia's failed attempt to break away from Spain last October. A sea of protesters wearing red shirts and bearing red-and-yellow Catalan flags banged drums, blew whistles and chanted slogans of support. The turnout was roughly the same as last year.

Looks like they aren't going to go away. The Actions of the EU and and Spain on this are horrible. It doesn't bode well for other regions that might wish to form their own country and do it by peaceful means.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Unfortunately, eventually "peaceful" means run out. I hope this isn't the case here. The last Spanish civil war had very little "civility" in it.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The King of Spain and EU royals in general are the main architects of Catalonia separatists. They adopted the plan of Zbigniew Brzezinski for mini-states and micro-states, as a way to make it easier for deprecated aristocrats to control them easily.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Will the King lose Catalonia next, as they are about to lose Mexico under massive Tariffs ? ...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Yeah? Are you Spanish? Does it make you feel pleasure knowing that Catalonia wants to experience true political freedom from the clutches of the imperalistic Spain, and they can't? Do you also want to assimilate Andorra and Portugal and create a truly united Spain, like Spain did hundreds of years ago by seizing control of the kingdoms near it and forcing those Kingdoms to live under a tyrannical rule?

The King of Spain and EU royals in general are the main architects of Catalonia separatists. They adopted the plan of Zbigniew Brzezinski for mini-states and micro-states, as a way to make it easier for deprecated aristocrats to control them easily.

Please, show us the links to data and research material proving the claim you've just made. And the King of Spain is a mind-drone of the Annunaki aliens while we're at it?
edit on 10-6-2019 by Ligyron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join