It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain is dropping the hammer on Catalonia.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
a
That right there is enough to show this "vote" was nothing but separatists stuffing ballot boxes. 90% among 2.26 million people, that just doesn't happen.

Not true. Puerto Rico's statehood referendum got 97% in favor of statehood because the opposition groups all stayed home. Could be the same thing here.

A quick Google search tells me 7.5 million people live in the region, let's guess that around half are of voting age or legal then it sounds about right.

I remember hearing around 60% of potential voters casted votes.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The whole vote was a sham. Catalonia is a part of Spain and must work within Spanish law. I am an advocate of self determination but you have to work within the law.

Sadly, IMHO Spain misplayed this by their actions. This is of course what the Catalan nationalists want, so Spain have played into their hands.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The whole vote was a sham. Catalonia is a part of Spain and must work within Spanish law. I am an advocate of self determination but you have to work within the law.

Sadly, IMHO Spain misplayed this by their actions. This is of course what the Catalan nationalists want, so Spain have played into their hands.

I don't really have a dog in this race, I was just pointing out that you can have a 'legitimate' 90%+ vote due to mitigating circumstances.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join