It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain is dropping the hammer on Catalonia.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

400 voting stations missing thanks to the attack dogs, that could have a bit of an impact.

link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

400 voting stations missing thanks to the attack dogs, that could have a bit of an impact.

link   
Its the same world wide be under no illusion things will be held together with the barrel of a gun if you threaten the status quo too much.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Spanish government is not dropping any hammer on Catalonia. The Spanish PM, together with their colonialist royal family and with the French President have orchestrated the independence referendum in Catalonia for a few years already. The police was used in a good-cop, bad-cop scheme with the National Guard like complete puppets, while the vote actually went on without any disturbance from the government of Spain. If the Spanish government didn't want to have such referendum it wouldn't have happened. They themselves together with the EU created the conditions and orchestrated this referendum on purpose.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
How the 'Non Biased' BBC' subtly twist a story to suit it's own agenda.

Change it to Rubber 'Bullets and 'Referendum voters' and at least try and claw back some long lost dignity ffs.

Notice how 'Scuffles break out'?....How about 'Shipped in Madrid civil guard thugs voilently attack peaceful citizens who chose to go to the ballot box to decide there own future'.

The BBC is an embarrassment and no longer fit for purpose. State sponsored propaganda machine.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
How the 'Non Biased' BBC' subtly twist a story to suit it's own agenda.

Change it to Rubber 'Bullets and 'Referendum voters' and at least try and claw back some long lost dignity ffs.

Notice how 'Scuffles break out'?....How about 'Shipped in Madrid cival guard thugs voilently attack peaceful citizens who chose to go to the ballot box to decide there own future'.

The BBC is an embarrassment and no longer fit for purpose. State sponsored propaganda machine.

Typical of the government's official news agency.

Just as ETA call it a day, the Spanish state seems hell bent on making sure there will be a Catalan version to replace it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
About right.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I Love how the EU just washes their hands "This is an internal matter". I thought nations didn't have the right of Sovereignty to the greater EU Borg Collective. Guess that only applies to migrants.

Shame Shame Shame

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Today in Cheltenham, I saw 3 Catalan flags flying from houses.

I think, if the Madrid government tried really hard to foment rebellion and ensure that Catalans never want to be a part of Spain, they couldn't have done the job any better.

Hearing interviews with people on Radio 4 was horrible, one girl who's mum and dad were beaten up by the state police for wanting to cast a bloody vote will stay with me a long time.

And the EU? Washing their hands of it in order to maintain good relations with the Spanish...Bloody despots, so much for guaranteeing human rights, eh?
edit on 06pMon, 02 Oct 2017 17:48:06 -050020172017-10-02T17:48:06-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: absolutely fantastic spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The EU's behavior is appalling in this. I expected Spain to be horrible in regards to this. I expected more from the EU. Their true çolors showed.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The EU's behavior is appalling in this. I expected Spain to be horrible in regards to this. I expected more from the EU. Their true çolors showed.

Yeah, I never did by the beacon of freedom hogwash the remainers put out.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Franco-Fascist Roajoy is now in the same path as his direct spiritual predecessors: Franco and Mussolini.
The rise of Franco and Mussolini to power was the result of European colonialism. Some goes for the civil war in Spain during the 30s. Is that civil war bound to come back to Spain now with this Catalonia independence Charade orchestrated by the EU during the past 2-3 years ? Maybe ... Say thanks to Rajoy's fancy British styled austerity.
(British styled in the sanse that the British and maybe the Dutch royals invent the style, while IDIOTS actually adopt it)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

And what was the UK tory government (Sponsored by Scottish Power, a Spanish Company) Saying or doing about it.?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

And what was the UK tory government (Sponsored by Scottish Power, a Spanish Company) Saying or doing about it.?

Not our business, but it is the EU's business, they are supposed to ensure certain standards for the treatment of citizens in member states etc. At least they say they do.

Maybe the UK gov should offer Catalan's the chance to become a part of "Greater Gibraltar"

Frankly, if Westminster had acted like this over the Scots Ref I'd have joined the kilt wearing, short bread eating, McEwans swigging masses on the barricades, you can be sure of that!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's official: the fan has been started and the sh-- is being aimed.

Catalonia will declare independence on Monday.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Ahhh crap, tanks incoming to Barcelona I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Ahhh crap, tanks incoming to Barcelona I guess.

Yip, Military on it's...for logistical support...meh.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why should the Tories - who I suspect you mean the UK Government - give a toss about internal Spanish politics. The Scottish nationalists only have a point because they like divisive nationalism. Scottish Power is a subsidiary of Iberdrola that is based in the Basque Country, a place with long held independence ambitions.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Strange that the King of Spain is accusing Catalonia of betrayal while he, together with the trilateral commission, the EU and franco-fascist Rajoy have carefully planned the independence of Catalonia during the past 3 years.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Strange that the King of Spain is accusing Catalonia of betrayal while he, together with the trilateral commission, the EU and franco-fascist Rajoy have carefully planned the independence of Catalonia during the past 3 years.

have carefully planned the independence of Catalonia during the past 3 years.

What do you mean by this ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join