It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain is dropping the hammer on Catalonia.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Maybe maybe... someone in the EU will remove their heads from their butts long enough to take a breath and tell Spain to ease up, but I will not hold my breath, Junker said if they do leave spain they will be on the outside looking in at the EU.

So I expect them to go I see nothing.. I know nothing till Spain has crushed the movement.

My wild arsed guess will be for 60 days spain gets free reign on fixing this, with nothing more than some half hearted letters suggesting they might be over the line.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Maybe maybe... someone in the EU will remove their heads from their butts long enough to take a breath and tell Spain to ease up, but I will not hold my breath, Junker said if they do leave spain they will be on the outside looking in at the EU.

So I expect them to go I see nothing.. I know nothing till Spain has crushed the movement.

My wild arsed guess will be for 60 days spain gets free reign on fixing this, with nothing more than some half hearted letters suggesting they might be over the line.

If Catalonia leaves it puts the rest of Spain in economic purgatory. Spain owes a fortune to the ECB. The EU will overlook anything required to beat this down and stop the financial boat from rocking.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

More reason to leave the EU if it cannot stand up for it's fundamental beliefs when they actually matter.

More reason for a better union.

Personally I feel the sovereignty of a person exceeds that of a nation. You can have a person without a nation, despite what nations demand. You can't have a nation without people though.

Today hundreds of people had their sovereignty violated, violence is acceptable in defence. I suppose you could say they are defending the constitution but in doing so they're violating a few human rights.

Article 15 of the universal declaration of human rights states this:

(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

Today, a culturally distinct region of Spain were denied the ability to change their nationality.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

Money over morality.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Today, a culturally distinct region of Spain were denied the ability to change their nationality.

It would be a step in the wrong direction, away from globalism and no more "nations". No surprise it is being violently opposed.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am with you, what is going on there is wrong, people against the referendum should be horrified at what they are seeing as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

We can go both ways.

We should be global in the implementation of human rights and just laws.

We need power to be decentralised more too, regions should be more autonomous. Earlier in this thread I mentioned how some of the ills regions suffer is due to a centralised authority dictating to regions they are clearly out of touch with.

Democracies across the world have this problem, reacting to issues that would've been solved before it became a problem, if a different system was in place.

The system is too slow.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't know what the hell Spain was thinking shipping troops and police in to brutally crack this down, it's done them (the government) no favours.

The Spanish only gave up Fascism a few years ago. No doubt there are still plenty of high ups who operate in the same ways as went on during the Franco regime.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You ever wonder what happens when we have too many people on this planet?

We start to do really stupid crap in the name of this or that, you know why? Too many people with opinions...

Sadly, humanity wasn't created to be equal, not until technology does that for us, will we ever see it happen.

We can wish in one hand and shight in the other hand and see which one fills up 1st, but, ultimately, this will continue until either our population is reduced or A.I. manages us for us.

We as humanity, don't have it in all of us enough to even be remotely civil once we have " enough " support, anyone's agenda becomes justified.

That in root, is the problem, not every mission is one that should succeed, since not all benefit everyone, many times, they are short sighted and long term costly, but are part of a greater injustice trying to be made just by a smaller group of people.

It just goes back to the macro of there being a great injustice in the world and until that is fixed, many will be trying to make smaller just causes...

We tried, but star wars history is about to repeat itself, the republic is being created right now.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Things are about to get mighty ugly soon.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Things are about to get mighty ugly soon.

My guess is when the sun goes down..about now.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Oh yeah, damn hell sure we're gonna hear about it too.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So far i've watched Catalan Police, Fire and ambulance all get beaten by the Spanish civil guard. This is nothing short of a military takeover of Catelonia.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lots of videos and pics of police and fire going up against the Civil guard.
Twitter Catalan referendum

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It's getting bad now, geez!

edit on 1-10-2017 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Jesus that is nauseating, and to see some people defending this behavior...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Apparently 90% of the 2.26 million Catalans who voted chose independence.
Interesting times ahead.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Let’s just be grateful the US CIA doesn’t have any sinister interest in causing trouble in Iberia, cause like in Syria, we may then have had a fool fledged civil war on our hands.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

That right there is enough to show this "vote" was nothing but separatists stuffing ballot boxes. 90% among 2.26 million people, that just doesn't happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
a
That right there is enough to show this "vote" was nothing but separatists stuffing ballot boxes. 90% among 2.26 million people, that just doesn't happen.

Not true. Puerto Rico's statehood referendum got 97% in favor of statehood because the opposition groups all stayed home. Could be the same thing here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join