It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have Political discussion forums moved to Off-Topic please?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Howdy!

Just wondering if there's a growing consensus to move all the Political discussion forums to the Off-Topic area?

It's getting harder to wade through the recent ATS topic for the meaty stuff that is...ATS... with the constant Right-Vs-Left posts clogging up the feed, and most of those topics are by repeat users who feel the need to start a thread over every single happening in the political field. Almost always US political field mind you.

I would love to see the top stories or recent ATS conspiracy stories more like UFOs, Space, Technology, Cryptozoology, Religions Philosophy Metaphysics, the environment, stuff that is less partisan!

I surely cannot be the only one, or one of a few.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Just use the "My ATS" and customize what you see. You don't have to have any political forums on your page.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Certainly not the only one. I'm also a bit fed up of seeing all the political discussion dominating the ATS homepage.

It has it's place. But ATS as a whole certainly has gone slightly off topic. Call it progression, but when I first started coming here 7 or so years ago, topics were quite different.
edit on 21-9-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Does that customize the Recent feed?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hell no. That's where I go to get away from that stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's actually a fair point.

What about a special button so it's like ATS, Off-topic and then Political Malarkey?

yes?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You add whatever forums you want on there and it shows the 6 or 7 most recent threads for each one.

Just go to the main forum page and click the heart for the ones you want on your page.

edit on 21-9-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Which isn't very handy device wise mon ami!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

What about a special button so it's like ATS, Off-topic and then Political Malarkey?

yes?

I did consider suggesting that a while back but I figured that the bulk of the trafic is generated by the political stuff these days.

Good ol' fashioned conspiracies are becoming a bit of a niche market and I doubt if it could justify itslf financially as a stand alone product.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

you are definitely not the only one.
It is a distraction...if you like checking the new/recent threads.
Top of the pages look like a blocked toilet, backed up with political waste most days....we need an enema...or at least a political laxative.

I am sure this has been mentioned a few times now but I don't see it changing any time soon.

That stuff is baaacked way up in there.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Which is also a fair point - this site needs the revenue to sustain itself and not everyone can afford the donations.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What a coinkydink! I've been wondering if we could get all the whimpering crybaby threads whining about political topics moved to the off-topics forum!!!

Cause, well, you know... it's quite annoying for those of us who think these are important and worthy topics to discuss to have to wade through all these posts sniveling about our topics of choice.

See how that works??? That road goes both ways. But the difference is that I don't see anyone from the political side demanding that everyone else be marginalized, re-directed or just shut down entirely.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

MY ATS ... gets you where you wanna check first.

Scroll down to see any new posts on threads you are involved with.

Finished with all that ?

Click on NEW ...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The difference is one lot is more akin to the ATS of old, and the other (apart from a few topics) has nothing to do with conspiracy or paranormal etc

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

yes?

You get flag from me for using the word 'malarkey'.

As far as the topic, I imagine you would get quite a bit of support. I have no preference, myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I weep for today's society forgoing the word Malarkey in everyday conversation.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That would be nice, yes.

Or even have the political stuff moved to a board where stars don't appear, that way the regular posters who like to post insulting stuff won't get their little stars of bias confirmation, and maybe that will tone down the divisive insulting postings.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

You there!

that is a capital idea!

If I had stars to give, I'd give them to you but you will have to make do with my leftover tattie scones

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

The difference is one lot is more akin to the ATS of old, and the other (apart from a few topics) has nothing to do with conspiracy or paranormal etc

Please. I'm not new. ATS has always included political topics -- ALWAYS! Especially political conspiracies which are more obvious and prevalent than ever, which is probably why there are so many topics devoted to the subject.

If you want to hide your head from the reality all around us, go right ahead. I sure won't stop you. But please give us the same courtesy. Unless and until the ATS bosses tell us otherwise, politics are fair game.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

What a coinkydink! I've been wondering if we could get all the whimpering crybaby threads whining about political topics moved to the off-topics forum!!!

Cause, well, you know... it's quite annoying for those of us who think these are important and worthy topics to discuss to have to wade through all these posts sniveling about our topics of choice.

See how that works??? That road goes both ways. But the difference is that I don't see anyone from the political side demanding that everyone else be marginalized, re-directed or just shut down entirely.

Well actually the road doesn't go both ways there. OP made the point politely and respectfully, and your response is insulting and childish. Calling people 'whimpering crybabies' and 'snivelling' for having a different opinion to you.

So no, your positions are not the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join