It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 intel agencies conspired to use GCHQ to spy on election candidate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I admit source wise this isnt cemented just yet, but there are many claims wirh varying sources inside that echo the same rumours that have been heard since Trump took office. Add to the fact Trump said the GCHQ was used since the beginning... he was mocked for it... guess what.... it might be true.

Also, varying degrees of anti trump garbage have been fueled from similar sources, yet many of you were happy to run with it as gospel as long as it was backing up your view.

Ive said from the beginning, every available spying effort was employed against Trump, his family and his associates because the risk of Trump winning was catastrophic to the status quo.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The risk of Trump winning has proven itself.

2nd Line.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Gee why am I and probably others not going to be surprised at this ... Those anti-Trumpers who have been on the boards in most threads defending the other side of this story are going to where a mark on this site . Dupes some of them but real special names for the others ... They really need a Jesus moment and repent ...The real stinger in this story is GCHQ working out of the NSA to pull this off ... And then scream Russian's Russian's Putin Putin and probably now Kim Kim ...

If there was a time for a special council then now is it but it would have to be stacked with the most corrosive anti-left you could get your hands on . Payback needs to be a very big bi..h in this case .

Most of the anti-Trumpers here are just silly dupes that just don't know any better but yes, there are a couple of certifiable, card carrying Leftists that need their asses kicked in a big way.
They are pretty much just fanatics so I wouldn't expect them to repent.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That member is only here to crap on anything that makes the big O and grandma pantsuit look bad.
The fact that the ic of the usa was used on us citizens does not bother him in the least.
The fact that this could be the worst political scandal in the history of the usa is also lost on him.

The allegations made in the op are some of the same concerns voiced here about the patriot act.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The former administration has highlighted the problems with fisa courts and the ic.
This power needs to be removed from government!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I find it hilarious that conservatives believe without question unmasking claims from the media. While also denying Russian collusion from their enemy media source.

And that democrats deny unmasking and believe everything from their media sources.

You all are two peas in a pod.

Wonder why Jeff sessions hasn't brought up charges? Must be the media knows more than him.
edit on 21-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Far be it from me to dismiss a claim merely because the source is questionable ... but in this case ... there is ZERO evidence for any factuality in the OP's source, which is the equivalent of a tabloid.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Far be it from me to dismiss a claim merely because the source is questionable ... but in this case ... there is ZERO evidence for any factuality in the OP's source, which is the equivalent of a tabloid.

You can't dismiss the sources I listed. They back up the article to which the OP refers. You casually avoid my input which comes from official main newspapers, some of which are even liberal, too.

There is lots of evidence, even down to Trumps game playing with British Intelligence. I don't think we have seen the last of that either.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Why isn't the justice dept bringing up charges? Do they not have access to those sources you listed or do they perhaps have more information than your sources?

If Mueller finds collusion doesn't that mean the warrants and unmasking could have been for investigation or true concern?

Of course it could be political. Comey seemed to say the justice dept has become politicized during the bush admin and continued through Obama.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The part I don't get is Mike Rogers. If he tipped off Trump about the wiretapping back in November, then why did he testify before the House that the notion of GCHQ surveillance on Trump was nonsense? That was probably a good answer, actually now that I think about it, because at that point it would have technically been Obama's IC doing it through GCHQ. Then again, if the second FISA application in October WAS approved, then it really wouldn't have been the Brits. It would have been us... just like Trump said in the first place.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Doesn't any wrong doing go out the window if they find evidence of wrong doing from the trump campaign?

It seems the only way the unmasking is illegal would be a political conspiracy. Which isn't beyond possible. However, if Mueller makes arrests from warrants and unmasking was to investigate doesn't the whole narrative get destroyed?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You can't dismiss the sources I listed. They back up the article to which the OP refers. You casually avoid my input which comes from official main newspapers, some of which are even liberal, too.

There is lots of evidence, even down to Trumps game playing with British Intelligence. I don't think we have seen the last of that either.

You choose to believe the MSM? Ha. I dismiss all sources that are based on opinion rather than fact.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
yes, Trumps associates were under surveillance... but why. ..
or is that a myth.. like racism.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
yes, Trumps associates were under surveillance... but why. ..
or is that a myth.. like racism.

Since we have been repeatedly told they were not; the why is very important.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Hmm. Yeah, I suppose so. It's really still 50:50 for me. The thing is it looks like in Manafort's case that he was trying to collect on a debt. I mean sure, the foreign national could ATTEMPT to solicit political favor in exchange for paying him back, but it's not a very strong bargaining position.

I think the allegation that Steele received $100,000 for the dossier from the FBI is sort of a lynchpin. Is it common to pay foreign intelligence agents for services rendered? I think the truthfulness of this would be a pretty good litmus test.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
New York Times - January 2017 - Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates

For anyone trying to spread the lie that anyone has been told there wasn't public awareness of surveillance intel on Trump associates .. .

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said.

edit on 21-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So in your opinion you have the whole story on manafort and all the warrants obtained were for political purpose? The predawn raid all of it?

And it's just by accident conservative news publications release the unmasking stories every time the Mueller case or collusion makes news?

I think the fbi regularly pays for information. Not exactly sure on private Intel firms but they certainly pay for tips on cases.

Again I find it hard to believe if there is something with unmasking that the Trump DOJ would not jump on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh no no no. I think Mueller is doing his job faithfully. That raid was a little over-the-top, I think, but if that's what he needed to do then so be it.

No, it's my understanding that Steele is an analyst or something for GCHQ which is an agency of the UK government. The OP asserts that the FBI(so, Comey) paid him $100,000 for the dossier. That seems unethical, but I don't know if it is or not. If it's true it might be a good indicator as to whether the FISA requests were legit or not, as they seem to have been justified by the intel in the dossier. It's also my understanding that the Steele dossier started out as opposition research for anti-Trump peeps in the RNC during the primaries, but I don't remember where I read that.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch that Russia might interfere with our elections. I'm on the fence as to whether it was solicited by people in his campaign and, I'll be honest, I'm not very convinced that it was. I DEFINITELY don't think Trump would send Carter Page to Russia with a video for Putin, all sneaky like, then openly solicit them on live TV during a debate. That is a stretch.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

There ya go, OP!

You are sooo CORRECT.

www.theguardian.com...

From that article we can deduce that the Brits were SPYING ON TRUMP in 2015. The article says they had intel, yet how come we still have no evidence?

www.nytimes.com...

Trump Offers No Apology for Claim on British Spying

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sean Spicer says British intelligence could have been involved in Barack Obama's 'wiretapping of Trump Tower'

There's loads of it folks. This is more than just smoke without fire. We are seeing the flames of the fire itself really.

It's not good. Britain should not be at this game. It is a kind of betrayal. Really American and British Intelligence should be joined at the hip and working to secure democracy. They are NOT to interfere in the democratic process. They must not be providing intel to certain parties to rig outcomes. Monitoring is up to them. Monitoring is part of security. Abuse of privacy and sabotaging the democratic process is tyranny.

Yep, things have been pretty sick.

BRITISH COLLUSION!!!!

WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE???

What a f*cking joke all of that Russia crap was...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

They were digging for dirt on the guy they didn't want? Duh...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well he got a warrant for the for pre dawn raid, and to do a no knock pre dawn you have to get that in the warrant so he probably had proof unless your going to make the argument that every judge in this case is corrupt and the doj is complicit to let it happen unjustly.

I am going to assume Mueller has way more information than what the media does and speculating on these tiny tidbits of info isn't going to be accurate at all.

You can however look at the procedural aspects.

DOJ says no wiretapping. Meaning the warrants were specific and justified.

DOJ is not bringing up illegal unmasking charges.

Mueller case has been allowed to expand by the Congressional oversight in Intel and judiciary as well at the DOJ.

Facebook warrants etc, the fact that it's expanding even when the political rhetoric is there is nothing there from some republicans shows the reality of the case isn't the same as in the media IMO.

I think people are definitely getting charged with crimes. I would even wager in Vegas. If the Republican controlled judicial and Intel and DOJ aren't stopping it or even complaining loudly about it it's probably going to produce something they don't want to be on the wrong side of. IMO

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join