It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell Has no Fire, Heaven no Sex.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I take surveys from time to time and I asked over the last year, 200 people, why wouldn’t you wont to go to hell and 198 all answered because of the fire, I don’t want to burn for eternal life.

Why would you want to go to Heaven?
For some reason, 154 out 200 people asked me, why would I want to go to Heaven and we cant have sex?

So, suppose their was no fire in hell and no sex in heaven would you chose hell more than Heaven?
edit on 21-9-2017 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
When was hell invented and by whom?
When did fire come into the picture?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well then, I guess in hell your sex is on fire.
I will see myself out.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Hell does not exist. It is a mythical place useful to he Catholic Church and made popular by Dante's "Divine Comedy".

Jesus only used the word Gehenna and the fires associated with that. He was referring to the RUBBISH TIP outside the gates of the Old City where a continual fire burned; "Outside the gates there will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth".

In Revelation the Lake of Fire is the place where God sends the Beast and the False Prophet. Satan (That Old Dragon), however, is bound in the Abyss and we are told God will give Him even another chance after a period of incarceration and as a last test of humans. I think we underestimate how much God wants the Fallen Ones to repent, as well as humans, or he would not be giving so many chances.

The OT tells us Sheol is where we go. We sleep there, waiting for the Resurrection.

For Christians and Pharisee Resurrection Jews there is no Hell. It is Sheol.

I do not believe in a Hell. I am informed there is a Sheol (more a state of the soul's being after death, held in waiting). There is a Lake of Fire and there is an Abyss. Hades is the world of the dead and is really th Greek word and concept of Sheol, with the Greek mythology of the underworld; another cultural influence on the gradual invention of hell in human mythology. We need to separate out the Greek, the Egyptian, from the Hebrew and the Indo-European.

As far as sex goes, it is very animal and a messy business. I'll be glad to be relieved of that.

"Old English hel, hell, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch hel and German Hölle, from an Indo-European root meaning ‘to cover or hide’." Is Valhalla just a coincidence or is the root of the "hell" word associated there?

Dante's Divine Comedy made popular the Heaven, Purgatory and Hell. I don't believe we go to Heaven when we die. None of the Prophets, Christ or NT Writers say we go to Heaven. That is God's domain. The NT Writers and the Prophets say after Resurrection we will live on a New Earth and God will come and live with us.

Purgatory was made up so the priests could extort money from people to pay for their release from Purgatory. Obviously, Hell was hyped as a way to control people and frighten them into submission to Catholic doctrine.

Also, Tophet may relate to Christ's use of the Gehenna word:

"In the Hebrew Bible Tophet or Topheth (Hebrew: תוֹפֶת‎‎; Greek: Ταφεθ; Latin: Topheth) was a location in Jerusalem in the Gehinnom where worshipers influenced by the ancient Canaanite religion engaged in the human sacrifice of children to the gods Moloch and Baal by burning them alive."

EDIT: Interesting that the roots of "hell" are very similar to "hole". I wonder if there is an Indo-European connection between the two words?

edit on 21-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Heaven and Hell. Pain and eternal torment versus peace and tranquillity. Where does sex come in to this?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Can I take your college class?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

There is no proof of it's existance,only in writing,although I believe there is other dimensions,the story sounds too constructed,could be a metaphor,more proof of UFO's and Bigfoot,and you see how well they are taken with a grain of salt

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Heaven and Hell...both states of mind not actual places ..imho

I guess really hot sex might mean both ?
Hells bells !

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Nice, and looks like various sources agree with you.

Hel:

The term is etymologically related to Modern English hall and therefore also Valhalla, an afterlife 'hall of the slain' in Norse Mythology. Hall and its numerous Germanic cognates derive from Proto-Germanic *hallō 'covered place, hall', from Proto-Indo-European *kol-.

From Old Norse hel, from Proto-Germanic *haljō, from Proto-Indo-European *ḱel- (“to cover, hide, conceal”).

Hole:

Old English hol (adj.) "hollow, concave;" as a noun, "hollow place; cave; orifice; perforation," from Proto-Germanic *hul- (source also of Old Saxon, Old Frisian, Old High German hol, Middle Dutch hool, Old Norse holr, German hohl "hollow," Gothic us-hulon "to hollow out"), from PIE root *kel- (1) "to cover, conceal, save." As an adjective, it has been displaced by hollow, which in Old English was only a noun, meaning "excavated habitation of certain wild animals."

Looks like the root for 'hell' and 'hole' should predate Norse mythology, but there definitely seems to be a connection.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Starred and kudos

I agree with the "rubbish tip" Gehenna, But there are other scriptures that are quite descriptive..

Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50 “The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Mark 9:43, 48-49 “And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire…where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire.”

Matthew 25:46 “And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Jesus describes hell as a reality and He spoke on hell three times as much as He ever did on heaven, thereby signifying the importance on believing in such a place. Hell is like a fiery furnace and there will be weeping (with anger and/or eternal regret) and gnashing of teeth (in anger and/or in pain). This weeping and gnashing of teeth is mentioned twice so as to emphasize the reality of hell.

Jesus also said it is a place not where “the” worm never dies but a place where “their” worm does not die. The fact is that it is their worm which means that it is their own personal gnawing of their conscience for their lifetime of rejecting Christ and this worm never dies, just like the Gehenna fire, which was a trash dump outside the walls of Jerusalem. That was a place where trash was continually dumped and maggots or worms never died off because there was always something thrown onto it so the worms or maggots had a constant supply of food.

Hell, A Place of Outer Darkness

Matthew 22:13 “Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Since Jesus is the light of the world and God is light (John 1) then naturally the absence of God is the absence of light. Remember at Calvary when the Father withdrew during Jesus’ death on the cross? There were three hours of darkness because for the first time in all eternity, God the Father had to withdraw from Jesus as God cannot look upon sin and when the darkness came, it revealed that God has withdrew. This is why Jesus felt forsake at the cross and said when the darkness came from the sixth hour (noon) until the ninth hour (3 P.M.) “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me” (Matt 27:45-46)? The answer of course was because Jesus had become sin for us (2 Cor 5:21).

The Eternality of Hell

Matthew 25:46 “And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Revelation 14:9-11; 19:3 “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name. The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”

Death and the second death..

Luke 12:5 “But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!”

Its best to be found a sheep of the Good Shepard rather than be found a goat, the time draws near.

But i agree also that attempting to scare people with hell rather than the Goodness and righteousness of God seems counterproductive for the most part, though maybe necessary to some, in certain circumstances, as Jesus did in the above quotes.

God the creator entered into His creation, this world, as His Son Jesus and bore all our sin on Himself ,out of Love for us first, so that no man may boast through works, that if we believe in Him and follow Him we have eternal life with God, for eternity.

Even secret codes was placed within Genesis and the Torah, I`ll post one as it foretold Yeshua`s coming about 1500 years beforehand, let alone the myriad of other prophecies of the past and our near future.

Yet the scoffers of God and the Bible and those that hate and persecute Christians are also foretold, because the world hated Christ first.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Send me straight to Hell.
I will adapt to the heat.
Christian music...for eternity?
Can you commit suicide after you're already dead?
I would rather burn while listening to Slayer.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
"Hell" comes to us from Norse mythology, which has the goddess Hel, who ruled over her supposed afterlife realm of Helheim. Helheim is where you were supposed to go if you did not rate Valhalla. "Hel" appears twice in the 1611 KJV, so I must ask:

"Hel" is pagan, but...

..."Hell" is Christian doctrine???
edit on 21-9-2017 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
"Hell" comes to us from Norse mythology, which has the goddess Hel, who ruled over her supposed afterlife realm of Helheim. Helheim is where you were supposed to go if you did not rate Valhalla. "Hel" appears twice in the 1611 KJV, so I must ask:

"Hel" is pagan, but...

You have noticed mythological convergence
Dig a bit deeper...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hell does not exist. It is a mythical place useful to he Catholic Church and made popular by Dante's "Divine Comedy"

Been around ALOT longer than that.

The concept comes from Zoroastrianism.

And goes back even further to the era of polytheism.
edit on 21-9-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

"Hel" is pagan, but...

You have noticed mythological convergence
Dig a bit deeper...

What will I find?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

People don't seem to understand when either one is. Hell is the absence of all energy so it's actually freezing. It's so freezing that you burn. Heaven is total contentment it's a it's basically the conglomeration of all energy so you have no self so there is no ability to have sex because there is no gender. The whole reason for existence is so that you can experience the self that's why there's a parent evil and good in the world and God allows it to exist because we requested it.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't remember all the details about this joke,I remember the basics of it.
A man was given the choices of Heaven or Hell.He was shown Hell as being
a place where he could do about anything he did while on Earth.Playing golf
on a really nice course,drinking at his favorite bar with his friends...
Then he was shown Heaven and it wasn't anything like he thought it would be.
People were working and running errands and had so much to do.When the man
was asked which place he wanted to go to,he chose Hell.
When he finally arrived in Hell,the golf course was gone and there was no bar filled
with his friends.He found himself burning in a lake of fire and wondered what had
happened? He asked his tormentor where is the golf course? Where is the bar with
my friends? The tormentor answered,yesterday we were campaigning,today you
voted!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Closing the spinoff of this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join