It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Pawns - GOP Leadership Think You are Stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I'd like to thank you for the OP. I firmly believe this attitude is what generated the votes needed to overtake the teflon bitch, and as long as it remains in most on the left, I see no reason why it won't work again. Thanks and keep being you.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Still more trollery.

It'll be ok buttercup.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." lol

now donors are covering his legal bills... biggest con job ever.
edit on 21-9-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

You must remember that when Reagan was President, the House of Representatives was Democrat controlled for Reagan's entire 8 years.

The problem was and still is, Congress over spends and creates more debt year by year.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think the GOP and Trump himself are correct on this one....

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That 'article' is from an opinion columnists and it precedes the skinny repeal that was shut down by conservatives.

Wow, that's kind of embarrassing for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

What no links?

Oh I get it this is nothing more than an opinion piece.

By the way your opinion sucks, and is completely wrong.

This should be posted in the rant forum.

Need links? Here ya go.....

www.independent.co.uk... 91.html

www.gq.com...

Probably not what you expected eh?

Your proof is a second-hand twitter from a founder of Gawker?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

That 'article' is from an opinion columnists and it precedes the skinny repeal that was shut down by conservatives.

Wow, that's kind of embarrassing for you.

Believe what you want...but when you attack the source; you just lost the argument.

Perhaps a review....#5 look familiar? or #19

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Show it to your wife when you get a chance....

edit on 21-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax. How much income taxes do poor people pay? ZERO percent.

Do you not see the statistical irony of being able to afford the highest amount of any amount of taxes if you're the highest equivalency?

Lets imagine I'm a quadrillionaire, how much do the Billionaires pay now verses me? Nothing. #ing moochers.
edit on 21-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax.

Still too low.

Also, source? How much should they pay? Zero? They make 100 times more than everyone else, they should pay just as much?

I have so many questions for this totally uninformed post.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This differs from Jonathon Gruber's "We relied on the stupidity of voters to get Obamacare passed" comment in what way, exactly?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax.

Still too low.

Also, source? How much should they pay? Zero? They make 100 times more than everyone else, they should pay just as much?

A flat percentage of their income would be fair for everyone. If we had a 10% flat tax, a man making $100 would pay 1/1,000th as much in taxes as a man making $100,000... seems pretty damn fair. Certainly more fair than the present system in which that man making $100,000 pays $25,000 in taxes and the man making $100 TAKES $5,000 or even $10,000 in various IRS payouts.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So...the poor have access to 'various IRS payouts' but the rich do not have access to various IRS deductions to lower their effective tax rate? You know, like all those things that Donald Trump does to lower his effective tax rate to 24%.

Or what Warren Buffett does to lower his effective tax rate to 11%.

Remember, Joe Schmo pays both income and payroll taxes (social security and medicare). The really, really wealthy people (multi-million/year) pay just a fraction of what the rest of us do. They'll pay $100k/year to social security, that's it, that's the cap. It's not a percentage of income, it's a capped amount. Even members of Congress stop paying into social security sometime around September.

Then there's the ridiculously low rate of tax on investments. You know, capital gains. From one of the links above:

Imagine this for a moment. Let's assume Buffett were to sell stock and claim $1 billion in long-term capital gains. His tax on this amount? Based on 2016's tax schedule, he would be responsible for paying a 20% tax (plus a potential 3.8% net investment income surtax which is tied to the Affordable Care Act). By contrast, a worker with no investment income who earns $37,651 in 2016 finds themselves stuck in a peak ordinary income tax bracket of 25%. Understandably effective tax rates for both individuals would be lower than their peak marginal taxes rates, but this difference clearly shows how long-term capital gains significantly favor the rich. It's a tool that Buffett has used to keep a good chunk of his money.

So yeah, we give poor people a few thousand a year because they barely make anything. Yet, we give millionaires and billionaires tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands a year.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax. How much income taxes do poor people pay? ZERO percent.

Well you have to have an income to pay income tax. Poor people either have no income or not enough to tax them. You know, because they're poor.

Conservatives want the top bracket to have less tax so they spend more on creating jobs and business so you lazy brainwashed pawns can get to work.

Yeah right. Just because they have more money to spend doesn't mean they start hiring more people. Hiring people for your business only happens when someone absolutely needs to be hired on. They're also the first thing to go when things get tight. No business starts hiring more people just because they can.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Although I agree with some of your points I would refer you to Hillary's paid speeches to Goldman Sachs. The idiocy of the voting public is not limited to one party.

Hillary put in a good word for Obama. He's now following in her tracks...

Former President Barack Obama is enjoying the perks of post-White House life in the form of hefty financial industry speaking fees.

Obama spoke to clients of Northern Trust Corp. in New York last month for roughly $400,000, Bloomberg reported Monday.
Source: dtd 9.18.2017 freebeacon.com...

It's touching to see these two advocates for the poor and the down-trodden, working so hard to help uplift them, isn't it?

The Obamas donated 15% of their income to charity. You can look it up, he actually released his taxes. How much do you give to charity?

What does Trump do with his salary? You can look that up as well also.

He gave it to the same program that he gutted. A huge mixed message there.

He cut a billion from their budget then donated 100k of his own money to them how does that get interpreted?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Deductions aren't even in the same league as payouts. Deductions = keeping a greater amount of what you, yourself worked for to earn... payouts = "here, have some money... remember to vote for XYZ!"

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well you have to have an income to pay income tax. Poor people either have no income or not enough to tax them. You know, because they're poor.

Conservatives want the top bracket to have less tax so they spend more on creating jobs and business so you lazy brainwashed pawns can get to work.

Yeah right. Just because they have more money to spend doesn't mean they start hiring more people. Hiring people for your business only happens when someone absolutely needs to be hired on. They're also the first thing to go when things get tight. No business starts hiring more people just because they can.

Common sense and historical reality show that when businesses have low taxes they EXPAND and grow their company larger which means HIRING more people. That's where hiring more people happens..This is economics for kindergarten. Imagine what you will learn when you get past K1

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I don't care that they think I'm an idiot, or a deplorable, or whatever.

I can look myself in the mirror when I shave come the morning...I wonder how well they do when it comes to looking in a mirror?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Its perfectly reasonable that they would think the people stupid since they voted them in power along with Trump

I'd say the people are stupid

And they'll soon pay for it!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Common sense and historical reality show that when businesses have low taxes they EXPAND and grow their company larger which means HIRING more people. That's where hiring more people happens...

Do you have any examples of 'historical reality' to back that up?

There's little evidence that corporate tax cuts create jobs

What they found was that more than half of these lightly taxed companies actually shed jobs during the period when the overall economy boosted payrolls by 6 percent. Of the 92 companies studied, the median change in payrolls was minus 1 percent.

Where did the tax savings go? Many of the companies on the list used the free cash to buy back stock, helping to boost the price of their company's shares. The top 10 job cutters each spent $45 billion in stock buybacks over the 2008-2015 period, a pace six times that of the S&P 500 corporate average, according to the researchers.

It’s a Myth That Corporate Tax Cuts Mean More Jobs

Despite the enormous savings AT&T has realized, the company has been downsizing. Although it hires thousands of people a year, the company, by our analysis at the Institute for Policy Studies, reduced its total work force by nearly 80,000 jobs between 2008 and 2016, accounting for acquisitions and spinoffs each involving more than 2,000 workers.

Tax Cuts Do Increase Employment, Do Create Jobs, The Science Is In

Tax cuts are an effective way to bolster a weak economy and create jobs—as long as they are targeted at the bottom 90% of income earners.

Corporate Tax Cuts Don’t Create Jobs, They Enrich CEOs

The data shows that low corporate tax rates more often lead to increases in CEO pay and boosts for shareholders.

Lower corporate taxes won’t create more jobs

In a 2004 study, Lynch found that firms don’t necessarily relocate or expand to an area more just because it has lower taxes. What’s more, while a lower tax rate reduces costs for companies and creates some positive effects on local economies, it doesn’t necessarily create substantial jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join