It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Very Careful About What Kind of Music You Consume!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Kids these days with their hippity hoppity music and all listening to Beyondie and her husband Jazzy.

Rotten Kids....Get off my lawn!!

edit on 22/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Blaming Rap music is alot like blaming a mass murderer who got the idea of killing people from watching a Bugs Bunny Cartoon while Elmer fudd trying to kill him.

Plus half these rappers don't do have the # they say or do any ways, like Future saying he always on drugs was actually a fabrication and he admitted he doesnt. Yet Lil Wayne fd out his mind an spitting just blatant ryhmes about everything else.

And if you think this is bad, your should read up on Buddhism about attachment an prejudice in their terms. It gets way more finicky from there.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

This is why I listen to Death Grips.

And you're the most normal person on this site.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

I listened to all kinds of music growing up.
You just take it for what it is... art.
Hypothetically, If I look at and admire a painting of someone being killed in a gruesome way is it going to turn me into a murderer? No...
I've loved Quentin Tarantino films since about the he age of 11, so does that mean I want to torture people while making wise-cracking remarks? No...

If you are that influenced by a piece of media and can't see it for what it is then you are genuinely a concern for society as a whole.
Seems like a scapegoat to poor life decisions to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The worst part is that rappers, heavy metalist etc. don't even live the lifestyle that they sing about. So, the public's youth go to jail, get killed or whatever, for trying to emulate an illusion. I have already warned my girls about this. I tell them that they can listen to a song, but not to internalize it and just know that there are messages being programmed into the song designed to cause a certain effect.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
Thanks for the all feedback everybody. I'm glad I could contribute to this site!

Very good sir!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyBatty84
Yes, please tell me how 1-15 year olds indoctrinated into our media machine is going to understand to appreciate art for what it is. Nobody here is saying that you will absolutely become a murder or drug dealer or slut whore from listening to a specific song.

What we are saying is, the easiest demographic to indoctrinate and impress upon are the young minors who are born in front of screens and surrounded by noise from speakers, spitting all the worlds beauty and horror at the same time into these young minds which are sponges just absorbing it all. Without the proper filters (vigilante parents) these unguided youth will, do, and have been make poor choices in their life based on how they perceive they should to flow with society the way they believe they are supposed to based on the decade plus of programming that will have been targeted at them.

Studies have already determined music puts your brain into a receptive state ready to accept stimuli. If you disagree, go read some more about it first and hen return with some basis for why one disagrees that music has zero, zilch or nada effect on the brain.

Theres good music, bad music, and garbage music. Thats an assessment not entirely based on lyrics alone, but on the message ad intent it is delivering. If it is on todays billboard pop charts, it is selling products and lifestyles only.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Lol tell me Lemmy Killminster didn't live the lifestyle I dare ya.

I could fill paragraphs with names from the rock, Metal and Alt community who sing about personal experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Never listen to mainstream music regularly. It's not even just the words that program you but the frequency at which they're played. It's soft mind control. Luckily I never liked anything mainstream, pretty much all underground. The less popular it is, the less likely it is plagued with satanic programming.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word Satan. Music only influences your psyche if you let it. The problem with the hip hop you listen to is that is that they only try to market it for teens, and hence talk about nothing except getting money, sex and drugs because it's perceived as cool to them. Try listening to some good underground hip hop or hip hop from the 90s. It's much more enlightening, but seriously to think they are all conspiring with Satan is laughable. They just want to make money, and unfortunately reality in hip hop and true artsmanship does not sell because the majority of people that pay for music are either very naive (teens) or extremely simple minded. I'd love to see any mainstream artist try to rock with Tech N9ne or somebody like aesop rock live. They would get embarrassed with all that autotune slow ass dr. seuss rhymes over dance music. I feel bad that you grew up during one of the worst periods in hip hop (and music history as whole), but that's no reason to blame it all on some crazy demonic conspiracy. Good music is still out there it's just harder to find. Start a free pandora channel called underground hip hop and you will see. It will open up a whole new world. I stopped listening to that mainstream crap in the early 2000s. It fell off a cliff. Underground is good for the psyche.
edit on 9 22 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I will never forget the day I was sitting at a stop light and some woman next to me, old enough to be my mother, was signaling me to roll down my window. I did and she proceeded to tell me that the heavy metal I was listening to was satan's music and if I didn't watch out I would end up in hell for listening to it.

I will never forget the absolute joy I experienced when I asked her to listen to the satanic lyrics and saw the expression on her face. I was listening to Stryper at the time....lmao

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I've listened to hip-hop, rip and rave from a young age, the MCs in rave could make Eminem blush.

I've taken illicit substances before during and after listening to this kind of music. It's just entertainment.

I mean I listen to a lot of old, country western and rock too, my lifestyle has never drastically changed, in fact I'd argue the only constant throughout my musical tastes was me.

That being said, humans are social creatures, it's a natural response to imitate what we find positive.

That goes for musicians, or your new friend whom you've happen to start laughing like.

Tupac didn't make me a thug, he liberated my thought processes. Johnny Cash didn't make me a rambling speed freak, if anything he made me question the stupid decisions in my life.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I do agree with majority of your post. However, I think you missed the whole point of what rapping, and rap music means to majority of those artists.
Eminem is a prime example of a man who brings to light what rap music really is, it's an expression that goes beyond the harmony and instruments in traditional music. It's a way to high light an artists lyrical sophistication, hence why mostrap songs go extremely well with the beat they are paired with, in ancient Greece educated men would have rap battles all the time.

The origins of gangster rap was literally born from the streets. The rap you most likely listened to, and it was a way for youths to keep out of trouble, but when those youths grew up into their 20s, their lifestyles became dangerous, but their talent remained the same, and their outlet was rapping. Biggie smalls is the good example of that, turned away from a life of crime, and went to music. That is where I agree with you, the music industry capitalized on a lot of rappers because of their dramatic and risky lives they once lived.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You shouldn't let anyone influence how you think and who you are, especially people in the entertainment industry.

The main point is that it is a subliminal type of programming - involuntarily having heinous lyrics blurted out of your mouth unconsciously. Our brains are programmable especially with melodic repetitive suggestions as heard in every catchy song. Usually the chorus does not consist of healthy thought programs. music (muse-sick) is often depicted by the devil with a fiddle, enchanting the people into a lullaby. Although this has a symbolic aspect, it is also literally manifest in music. Snake-charmers are the opposite... a symbol of those who can lullaby the serpent to prevent it from wreaking havoc in their life.

"I remembered that I was a King’s son,
And my rank did long for its nature.

I bethought me again of the Pearl,
For which I was sent down to Egypt.

And I began [then] to charm him,
The terrible loud-breathing Serpent.

I lulled him to sleep and to slumber,
Chanting over him the Name of my Father"

-Hymn of the Pearl by Thomas the apostle
edit on 22-9-2017 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I really don't even care.

Probably my worst ATS post ever, but yeah.
I don't care.

Perfectly said.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sorry, brother. I only read Your post, none of the following.
I've been listening to some pretty heavy stuff, since being 12 or 13 - Metallica, Sepultura, AC/DC. Later came Otep and $hitload of others.. Aside from the heavy stuff - Everlast, Kid Rock. Then I started to grow up with Johnny Cash, Nine Inch Nails, Skindred. They're all so different. I've seen this kind of theory too many times a many.. Nothing bad has happened to me 'cause of this music, I've been listening to.
What could be the reason in my mind is - You know the lyrics and curses.. Maybe, just f^ck!n', maybe You know ' em too well, so Your curses, even if by melody, they work.
Who knows?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Glad somebody got the message!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Im not bashing on underground hip hop; i clearly said in my post that i would consider an artist if hes independent. All im saying is be careful of the effects words/music have on you! Also, consider the intention of said musician /artist /rapper. "Music only influences your phyche if you let it" This is 100% false. This is like saying advertisement has no effect on me. Your subconscious mind is absorbing everything around you like a napkin, whether your aware of it or not.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Many of those artists you mentioned that "awakened you to spiritual concepts" give you a bit of truth in their songs, but with a side dish of poison. Thats how decievers operate; they sprinkle the poison in the medicine so your not even aware your consuming poison! Thats how they lure you in. Im going to quote some lyrics from the artists you mentioned:

"Starks pass the chrome, watch a nigga get blown out his mutha#in dome piece, deceased, laid to rest" - Wu Tang Clan (song) Wu-Gambinos

"I hold a mack eleven, and attack a reverand i contact eleven l's and max in heaven" - Nas (song) One time for your mind

Lets not forget the infamous Nas lyric: " verbal assasin my architect pleases, when i was 12 i went to hell for snuffin jesus"

"While simultaneously stabbin a pregnant fat bitch, on a vomit covered mattress, while the fetus uses my dick to practice gymnastics " - immortal technique (song) In Da Club freestyle

These are the type of violent lyrics i was talking about in the OP that come to surface if you listen to this stuff long enough! Your naive if you think that these type of violent lyrics dont have an effect on your mind body and soul.
So keep listening if you wish, just know that these guys are not saints!

originally posted by: underwerks

You shouldn't let anyone influence how you think and who you are, especially people in the entertainment industry.

Key word here: entertainment.

I find it an indication of how far our society has slid when people allow who they are to be dictated by people they don't even know.

Remember, it's just entertainment. If these "artists" lived the life they rap about, they wouldn't be alive.

And to counter the Satan angle, some of my favorite rappers awakened me to a lot of spiritual concepts I didn't know about as a kid. Goodie Mob, Outkast, Immortal Technique, Wu-Tang, Nas, Eightball, Scarface, and the list goes on..

Moral of the story, think for yourself. And listen to artists that show you how to think for yourself, if you aren't quite there yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What you said is true. This music puts you on an emotional aroused state, so that their message easily creeps in into the subconscious. You'll see yourself repeating their lyrics mindlessly, without discrimination. As you said, it's a good idea to question their motives. But who does that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join