It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Very Careful About What Kind of Music You Consume!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the all feedback everybody. I'm glad I could contribute to this site!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They said the same things about rock 'n' roll music.

Music is just music, and all of it has both positive and negative influences of varying degrees, depending on the person and the environment in which a person finds him/herself, but to claim an entire genre of music is inherently evil is intellectually and artistically dishonest.

Even though there are varying degrees of influence, how one allows it to influence oneself is up to the individual listening.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I've got thirty years on you and love music too. And yeah, you gotta be careful what you listen to. Just because it's great doesn't mean it's good for you. If you knew even a small part of the truth behind the man who hypnotized the world and countless gifted dupes with his "Halleleuia" ... but I think you can guess a good part of it.

Hollywood and the music industry, if you know it from the inside, is truly a pit of vipers. But there are some good people around pit who know how to handle snakes and also, to keep other good people from falling in. They are saints and wizards of the light side, literally. Such people do exist -- or have, at least. Known a few on both sides of the moral divide. It really is as bad as you say, speaking as something of an informed insider.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Many of the young people I am around will mindlessly start reciting 'lyrics' from 'songs' that are simply horrific. They are like mind controlled zombies singing words about the most vile and unwholesome subjects. It is truly frightening that they don't even realized they are reciting these horrid words.

Coming from a guy who's name was lifted from a band that covered Last Caress?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Guess no one listened to music from earlier decades where the artists sang about getting laid, drinking too much and other such activities because people in earlier decades never got laid, drank too much or did anything even remotely close to being morally questionable.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
At the end of the day, these are only words. If you are mentally weak enough that they influence your thinking beyond enjoying the music, that's your problem.

I've never listened to metal and then wanted to worship Satan. Never listened to rap and wanted to become a gangster. Do you?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Never happened. Music was pure back then.

*content warning*

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I listened to both and now I'm a Satan worshiping gangsta.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good Read

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Mesmerizing (to me)

edit on 9-21-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A usefool tool for discovering music.

This is an ongoing attempt at an algorithmically-generated, readability-adjusted scatter-plot of the musical genre-space, based on data tracked and analyzed for 1536 genres by Spotify. The calibration is fuzzy, but in general down is more organic, up is more mechanical and electric; left is denser and more atmospheric, right is spikier and bouncier. Click anything to hear an example of what it sounds like. Click the » on a genre to see a map of its artists. Be calmly aware that this may periodically expand, contract or combust.

edit on 9-21-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"Music...however limited or broad in its scope, dimension and ideology...however diverse...is reward in itself".

Its how one discerns things from each thats at the root of musical and sociological influence of the listener.

MS*

My Qualifications:

*I still recv royalties quarterly from 11 records, distributed through and by Universal, Amazon, Itunes among other internationally.

Best
edit on 21-9-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: nightbringr

I listened to both and now I'm a Satan worshiping gangsta.

I do admit, most modern pop music makes me want to kill myself, so maybe there is a seed of truth to this all.
edit on 21-9-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good post. There is some truth to what you say, if a bit overgeneralized. Most rap and all pop is crap anyway though so I'm okay with this particular generalization.

You need some Scott Biram in your life.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Listen to Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, Elvis, jazz... Stuff like that...Never listen to music that locks into your heartbeat or transmits anger, rage, fear.

Never listen to commercial music, any so called art made with commercial intents should be rejected and trashed, spammed, boycotted.

edit on 21-9-2017 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So what about hip-hop/rap that tries to highlight conspiracy theory, inequality etc.?

I must admit, I grew up into punk and metal, but I've found some good rap over the years, Immortal Technique anyone?

admittedly, I'm quite keen on some good old Satan music too. Have you considered where most you've heard about Satan has come from?

Not that I agree with David Vincent's politics at all - dick.

...and of course the Dead Kennedy's, whose music has certainly touched on conspiracy a few times...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ah....how can one listen to Anger Rap for hours many days a week and not be affected by it?!

I am not sure about some over-arching Devil, like Satan, over it all, but I feel there are groups of low afterlife spirits who gather near listeners. then each side feeds the other. eventually when the listener dies, he or she will maybe join this group and then live with them *as* one of them.

I see one interpretation of the "final Judgement" as how we are judging ourselves every single second, in every single action, feeling, thought that each of us has! and the Sentencing of this judgement can happen long before one dies!
you attract like to like, around you, to you. that is your judgement. you become your path. when you die, the paths you chose becomes all that there is...

the streets of life are lined with recruiting offices, one can sign up with many of them. but while you can walk out any time, you never ever can Leave!

choose carefully!!

freestone

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

*content warning*

That was one that came to mind. Anyone who likes original Blues is going to know quite a few more.

edit on 21-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Liquesence

*content warning*

That was one that came to mind. Anyone who likes original Blue is going to know quite a few more.

Ohh, yeah. Somewhere on one of my hard drives I have a nice compilation of that stuff, from early drug songs, to sex songs, and everything in between, around the same era.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No wonder why you're so messed up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join