It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be sex in heaven?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
a reply to: Restricted

That made me spit my coffee all over my computer.
seeing how there's a" Stairway to heaven" and a "Highway to Hell"....let's us know about the anticipated traffic numbers.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm pretty sure there is a place where it talks about us not being either male or female in heaven. If we're not one sex or the other, then why would we need it?

Things like that are earthly things, not spiritual or heavenly. If we're living forever and not needing sex for its intended purpose, then it likely shouldn't surprise anyone if we no longer have it in Heaven.

Heaven will be nothing like the sad imaginations dreaming of what it may be like.

The Creator designed all of this too see the possibilities .. and one thing that is set in stone: It will do ANYTHING to ensure it never goes back to being ONE...and alone again.

Physical and non-physical and everything else MUST be perfected together...or all will exist in a forever state of confusion.

The incredibly stupid and diabolical idea that a physical reality full of simulations matters in a NON MATTER or other state i find truly hilarious..

ALL THINGS are possible but please don't make the Mother of All leave us again...from her disappointment that her new creations failed again.

Those that want to recreate God in it's own image do not seem to realize that it just cannot happen...that has been deleted and scattered into unknowingness.

Stop trying to put it all back together and realize it wants something NEW..a NEW HEAVEN AND EARTH...AKA SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT EXIST YET.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marky83
a reply to: dollukka

For my wife and I, it seems to be more than that. We connect physically and spiritually during the act. I do appreciate the post though.

If you really love your wife, then the true love you have likely felt for her is just a pale shadow of what you will experience.

That is entirely not true...you just have not pushed things to the level they can be...spiritual love is the pale shadow in comparison...the combination of the 2 is INFINITELY stronger than you can believe...could blow the planet apart easily if done with REAL enthusiasm.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Continuation of relationships in heaven?

Old joke - why do men usually die before their spouses? If relationships continue past death, they will never be free.

So if one partner is infatuated with the other but the feelings aren't reciprocal, then the final meetup in heaven might be very interesting.

Do they then have divorce in heaven? Wow, can you imagine that bond being FOREVER?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

remember th edeath till yu part section? no you get to heaven youre single again.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Marky83
Jesus said there will be no marriage in the resurrection life (Mattthew ch22 v30), which means the answer is No. It would be a different kind of existence.

This means no need for anyone else's approval for ANHTHING AT ALL...and noone can do anything about it...

I personally have met a young lady i can see INFINITELY with...we will easily do what we wish endlessly...beyond anything done before.

Jesus is alot different of a character than you will find in any books...prepare for that fact.

Or believe you are being told the truth...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Jesus said there will be no marriage in the resurrection life (Mattthew ch22 v30), which means the answer is No. It would be a different kind of existence.

This means no need for anyone else's approval for ANYTHING AT ALL...and noone can do anything about it...

I personally have met a young lady i can see INFINITELY with...we will easily do what we wish endlessly...beyond anything done before.

Jesus is alot different of a character than you will find in any books...prepare for that fact.

Or believe you are being told the truth...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What happens if you say "oh my god...!"

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
What happens if you say "oh my god...!"

Prolly wont be able to say that.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

please provide scripture to support your stance.

The following scripture is from Wikipedia, chapter Heaven, verse Etymology

By about 1000, heofon was being used in reference to the Christianized "place where God dwells", but originally, it had signified "sky, firmament"

See Mile High Club

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Marky83
a reply to: dollukka

For my wife and I, it seems to be more than that. We connect physically and spiritually during the act. I do appreciate the post though.

If you really love your wife, then the true love you have likely felt for her is just a pale shadow of what you will experience.

That is entirely not true...you just have not pushed things to the level they can be...spiritual love is the pale shadow in comparison...the combination of the 2 is INFINITELY stronger than you can believe...could blow the planet apart easily if done with REAL enthusiasm.

Your avatar is very apt.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes, because Heaven is right here, and it's location is given in Genesis. We create our own private and collective hell, and until we all realize that we're here to learn form each other, and when we don't we die and get to come back...then all will come together and as on Earth as it is IN Heaven.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sex satisfies a need for Lust, and Love (among other physical needs or desires)

If those "Feelings" are satiated another way or our souls/spirits are not in want/desire/need why would there be sex in an afterlife?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure there is a place where it talks about us not being either male or female in heaven.

So Heaven is gender neutral? Guess that solves the whole bathroom issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pretty sure there is a place where it talks about us not being either male or female in heaven.

So Heaven is gender neutral? Guess that solves the whole bathroom issue.

As long as we can still go to the bathroom in heaven.

There are plenty of people & places I plan on taking a dump on down here, when I get there.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So when they say, "You can't take it with you", they're talking about your privates, not your money.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So when they say, "You can't take it with you", they're talking about your privates

Saint Peter will have to pry them from my cold...dead...hand.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
There are plenty of people & places I plan on taking a dump on down here, when I get there.

There's a few Congressworms I would target daily.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Where do you get the idea that the resurrection body would be a physical body?
Read 1 Corinthians ch15, which explains differently.
"It is sown a physical [or strictly "psychical"] body, it is raised a spiritual body... flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God... we shall all be changed". As I said, the New Testament is expecting a different kind of existence, one that our current minds cannot imagine.

Personally, based on scripture, I believe our heavenly bodies will be able to transform between a physical aspect and a spiritual aspect.

Remember what happened when Jesus came back to visit his disciples after his resurrection?

Luke 24:36-43

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Also, we know from Genesis 18 and 19 that Jesus/God himself visited and communed with Abraham in the Old Testament.

"Some have suggested that all three of these “men” were angelic beings who appeared to Abraham in the form of men. However, Genesis 18:1 says that it was “the LORD” (Yahweh) who appeared to Abraham. It is the LORD who speaks in verses 13, 20, 26, and 33. Abraham stands “before the LORD” in verse 22. So, one of the three “men” must have been God Almighty taking on the appearance of a man. We call such an appearance a “theophany.” When Jesus appears in His pre-incarnate body in the Old Testament, we call it a “Christophany.” Whether God’s appearance to Abraham in Mamre was a theophany or a Christophany, we don’t know. But it does seem clear from the context that one of the visitors was God Himself (Genesis 18:22) and the other two were the angels who later visited Sodom and spoke to Lot (Genesis 19:1)."

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

So here's what I think happens when you die. When you die you have two choices. Your first choice after you die is you can look directly into the face of God and experience God's infinite beauty. Or, your second choice, for whatever reason you feel you are not worthy of staring into the face of God, each of us being our own worse critics, and you turn away from looking into God's face.

So what happens with each choice. If you choose to look into the face of God and experience God's infinite beauty, what you experience is the very best possible experience one could have. Experiencing God's infinite beauty is a million times more satisfying and fulfilling than just having a brief moment of experiencing sex.

You become so enamored with God’s infinite beauty, all time ceases to exist, you stop having conscious thoughts, and you melt into the mind of God experiencing eternal heavenly bliss. The God experience is greatest possible experience one can have by definition. No other experience is so fulfilling and complete than the God experience, again, by definition. The God experience is like every cell in your entire body is having a simultaneous orgasm. Even though this only happens for a few nanoseconds before physical death, with your brain operating at 100% heightened neural capacity, it feels like eternity to the conscious self.

The second choice, for whatever reason, you decide to look away from the face of God. At that moment, God immediately gives you the power of omnipotence. Your mind enters a free-form delusional state where anything you imagine spontaneously comes into existence and is experience. Again, with every cell in your body heightened in excitation time slows down. For just a few nanoseconds you experience having the power of omnipotence for what is essentially eternity.

An omnipotent God can certainly dole out the power of omnipotence and still retain all his powers.

Now at first this may sound like a really good thing. But after millions and millions of years, which is only nanoseconds real time, living out all your petty profane desires and imaginations you will become extremely bored. Your mind will have exhausted every possible new thing to imagine. Every possible conceivable scenario of experience will have been played out millions of times over. After having sex with two chicks 10,000 times is probably enough. Eventually you will decide there's not point in turning away from God any longer and you will turn back and look into the face of God.

However, this time you don't look away. All the reasons you would have to look away have been resolved during your stint with omnipotent powers. And just after you look into the face of God you have a brief thought what the heck was I thinking when I turned away the first time? Time will then cease to exist and you experience everlasting heavenly bliss.

Now some of you may be thinking, gee, you die, you turn away from God and you get rewarded with the power of having omnipotence. This may sound unfair if you are immature in your thinking and you take pleasure at the thought of sinners suffering. Or maybe your heart is full of hate and you are seeking revenge against people who have sinned against you.

But from our omnipotent all-loving God's perspective, what better way to win over someone’s love so absolutely and completely than by perfectly giving them everything their heart desires? The real sad thing is why anyone would ever waste any time at all with their own petty and profane desires when they can be looking into the face of God basking in the glow of heavenly eternal bliss. Nothing we can imagine or invent could ever come close to experiencing God's infinite beauty.

This is not something you read in the Bible. You read this and you just know it in your heart it is true. If not, then you will have omnipotent powers and you will have to work out whatever it is that you feel so strongly about.

edit on 22-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
The bodies in your examples were certainly capable of taking in food, but i don't think it follows that they needed to take in food. That may be the difference.
We need food continually in order to replace what our bodies have lost. In other words, the need is a consequence of physical corruption. It would surely not apply to incorruptible bodies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join