It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floyd Mayweather Defends Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I won't argue with him, I like my teeth where they are.

I'm white but I like Obama. I'm not a Trump fan but I agree with him on certain things. Some people need to use the only color that matters-grey.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I think this need for him to act in a certain way is more that you have an expectation set by his predecessors. Its not "needed", its wanted.

And it feels a bit elitist to always have these career politicians with their veneer of class covering a rotten core simply because they use bigger words chosen more carefully.

I said earlier in this thread, you don't get points for style. If Trump were allowed to govern, I could formulate an opinion. As it stands, my opinion is formed based on the people who dislike him the most. Its strange...i don't even like the guy. I think he's a complete ass. But I like the environment that grew up in opposition to him a whole lot less.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

If a person “ let’s you do something” that is consent my friend

I don’t think you know what consent means

Not true. Not fighting back doesn't mean consent. Actually wanting it to happen means consent, more than that... consent is something that needs to be verbalized while not under duress. It's also something that can be rescinded after something has taken place.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I just see it different, you need both style and substance. Trump lacks both. If a politician can't at a minimum pretend to be acting in good faith, then why should anyone give their policies a shot?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Because the will of the people spoke, and he is the duly elected executive of the country.

You don't vote on whether someone will get a chance to be president. You vote on who will be the president. While the obstruction may be well intentioned, its treasonous.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Because the will of the people spoke, and he is the duly elected executive of the country.

You don't vote on whether someone will get a chance to be president. You vote on who will be the president. While the obstruction may be well intentioned, its treasonous.

But the President alone doesn't set the countries agenda. Congress has a big say in that too, and Trumps party controls both houses of Congress. I'm not seeing much here in the way of partisan obstruction, it's more an issue that Trump is failing as a leader and can't round up what should be easy support, for anything he wants to do.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It isn't partisan obstruction. We have all known for years that the 2 parties are one and the same. Someone who wasn't approved to win has won, and they are both obstructing.

This week we are doing open enrollment for insurance where I work. My insurance premium that was $278/mo in 2010 is now $606/mo, with a deductable that is 300% higher, and a copay that is 600% higher. My meds have gone from $8 to $50 (or retail, whichever is cheaper).

I am not happy about any of them at this point.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Health insurance isn't something that's likely to improve any time soon simply by the fact that insurance is an unsustainable concept for health coverage.

Until we move away from insurance things will continue to get worse on that front.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Does Germany use insurance? Or Switzerland? France?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
Can we please stop with the "sexual assault " talk... He clearly says "when your a star, they let you do it", that is consent.

Just because you don't fight off a rapist doesn't make it not rape. I don't think you know what consent means.

Please stop trying to paint a different picture.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

First no one is saying rape only you areand second if a guywith a woman and things get heated and his hands go to certain places and she goes with it and does not say stop or push him away or say she is not sure( ie; lets him do it) that is in no way assault or rape. To imply otherwise is just plain crazy. As Trump said “ they let you do it” you can’t a week, months , or years later change your mind and then call it assault or rape

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Getting a little off topic from the thread aren’t you

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Does Germany use insurance? Or Switzerland? France?

They do, but it's usually either under a mandate or as a supplemental plan

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: amazing

Meh, I don't care.

Sounds like outrage culture to me.

but that doesn't detract from the fact that Trump is a jerk.

Others see him as a Man's Man, not some squishy soft male form of femdom that so easily hates their own country.

I know lot's of men who are mens' men. They don't take advantage of others, belittle women or disabled. They don't sue people just because they don't get their way in a negotiation. they don't dodge military service, they don't insult people on Twitter, They have thick skin and don't get upset when people disagree with them, Shall I go on?

Trump is not a man's man, just because he used the word P****. I don't say it and I'm more of a man than Trump will ever be.

As a businessman you learn to use leverage, if you have leverage the other guy gets screwed. It's the way of the world not some mamby pamby utopia where everyone gets a trophy. Ask Hillary, she used leverage on Bernie.

He never made fun of disabled that was debunked so many times it is black and blue from hitting the floor butt naked.

Everyone sues, especially everyone that can afford lawyers and for those that cannot there are class action lawsuits.

Trump's a counter puncher, jab at him and twitter uppercuts will follow, Real Americans love it.

Service is not required for POTUS, ask Obama.

Trump must have the thickest skin on the planet because he is attacked at the highest level of Politics and Corporate controlled media on a minute by minute basis non stop and still wears the title of POTUS.

You have some points, but take this into consideration.

I'm a businessman and I've been an elected official and I've been on board of directors of non profits and been in the army and many martial arts tournaments and sports teams.

I understand what your saying about leverage and service and counterpounches. I do that kind of stuff every day and have for decades. However, I've never sued anyone nor will I ever. The Leverage I apply, is generally only when someone is trying to take advantage of me, or to make the outcome a win-win for both parties. I don't live in some mamby pamby world. I'm succesful.

You can be succesful without being a jerk or taking advantage of people or...I've read dozens of articles, seen the event live and watched dozens of videos debunking and not debunking..Trump really did make fun of that disabled guy. I saw it. with my own eyes.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I'm sure many people don't, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The funny part is, do you think those that don't publicly announce it, aren't doing it behind closed doors?

Honestly, anyone that is even remotely bothered by his language needs to go out into the real world and experience some more life.

And I'm not even trying to defend what he said, I'm just saying the fake outrage is laughable.

I'm not so much outraged as I am unimpressed with his lack of profesionalism. Again, I've been behind closed doors in many locker rooms and back rooms and just with the guys, and I don't say that kind of stuff. I know lot's of other guys who don't either. We have Character.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Meh, I don't care.

Sounds like outrage culture to me.

Nah. it's lack of professionalism. You want your president to be professional and ethical. Trump is neither. Do some research on his business practices.

I'm sure some people are jumping on the outrage culture. It's the thing to do these days, but that doesn't detract from the fact that Trump is a jerk.

Meh, that's just emotion.

I'm a business man and I act profesional, even behind closed doors. Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

BS most guys talk that way. Anyone saying otherwise is being disingenuous at best and flat out lying at worst

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

BS most guys talk that way. Anyone saying otherwise is being disingenuous at best and flat out lying at worst

No they don't. Real men don't brag about sexual assault.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Its America. People live on the opinions of celebrities. Not limited to any political persuasion, race, religion or otherwise. I dont think its a good thing but thats reality. Democrats do it as a matter of course, trotting out hollywood celebs to push political agendas. Floyd is far from a model citizen. But his opinion holds as much sway as any hollywood celeb.

You made a good point in your previous post that starting businesses and protests arent mutually exclusive. Though it could be argued that as a mindset, those two dont often coincide (by observation). There are real problems in society. Democrats are liars though as a party. They do not address the actual problems. Republicans have their own issues, like when they push theocratic ideology into politics. Otherwise the parties arent too different. What we are really seeing is different feudal lords fighting each other over control.

Why is it so hard to start ones own business in society? If we want to look at opportunity in America, thats where we should actually be looking. That has been the core of America in the past - a realistic shot at self determination for those bold enough to work at it. It is however hindered by many things: dominance of mega corps, access to capital, unbelievable regulatory red tape, and education in the establishment of a new business.

The other mega problem in our society is the war on drugs / prison industrial complex. It causes most of the societal issues we see spilling over into the streets today. It provides the tools of oppression.

Until these two above issues are addressed, everything else is bs and wont fix a damned thing. Neither party intends to address either. And while not the only problems, thats the crux of societal decay in America.

edit on 21-9-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Consent is not assault. If “ they LET you do it” it is not assault

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join