It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Group Finally Schedules Conversation about How Much Fun It Would Be to Play D&D Some Time "

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Group schedules time to decide when to play D&D

The conversation is tentatively set for this Sunday afternoon around 4:00pm, but will likely have to be pushed back depending on when Justin is able to leave his cousin’s birthday party. Rumors are circulating that Gary might even bring this girl he’s been seeing, who’s not super into this kind of stuff, but she’s cool and the guys will really like her.

This is half the battle...the struggle is real.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Reminds me of work..

Let's have a meeting to plan the meeting where we brainstorm for the big meeting !

a reply to: Butterfinger

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Are these people well known or something? I can't figure out why someone would write this, it's like reading a family blog or something.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That's some real down home drollness that is. Put's me in mind of a Monty Python skit that they never got around to doing.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Why god, why, is it so hard to get a game going?!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Our old group fizzled out, but I have a new group getting together to give 5e a try. Supposed to start middle of oct. We have the perfect group too. Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue. I can't wait. It's been over 2 years since I've rolled some dice.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA brilliant.

Funny af.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
too real, too real

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

It's satire. Hardtimes is like the onion for the punk rock metal and hardcore scene.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ahh that makes more sense. a reply to: SolAquarius

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hahahhaha
This was so funny, thank you for sharing this.

Finally some news worth talking about, lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Our old group fizzled out, but I have a new group getting together to give 5e a try. Supposed to start middle of oct. We have the perfect group too. Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue. I can't wait. It's been over 2 years since I've rolled some dice.

That's one of my problems with D&D - the whole "perfect" group dynamic. It's like playing an MMO that needs the tank/healer/damage trinity in order to operate a group successfully.

Gaming feels more authentic to me when everyone can role up with what they want to make and play and the group figures out their dynamic and how to succeed with it on the fly ... just like in real life.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Yes, and I couldn't agree more. Our DM even told everyone to play what they wanted to play, and he would fill in any needed spots with "sell swords". But I see what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Are these people well known or something? I can't figure out why someone would write this, it's like reading a family blog or something.

Fictional characters, its just a play on groups scheduling.

If you notice the articles on the site they are all jokes
"Man finds out he is just an NPC"

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Our DnD group has the same issue: being able to schedule a game.

Two of us have schedules that move around, so it makes it hard to come up with a date sometimes where everyone is off and can meet.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

So far we have avoided cancelling, as we only play once every 2 weeks or once a month by running a few side games or campaigns just involving the few that show.
Our side campaign characters all belong to a guild, allowing them to pop in or out without messing with the stories.

Definitely helped to expand to other games, we may have had a little burn out and never realized it.

Thanks to Robotech RPG(yes from 1987 using Rifts/Palladium core) and 10mm skirmish battles, seemed to kick our butts back into game night.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows...Neverwinter Nights the original game no longer requires cd codes

SO IF anyone can find a copy online you guys can actually get a real D&D game together without meeting up

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

We used to get around that in college by just keeping a number of campaigns floating with different combinations of players and PCs depending on who could make it to the session that week.

"Oh, Tony can't play? I guess I'm running character Y then, and we're playing that game set in the Amazon ..."

Sometimes, Teikiatsu would set all the different campaigns close enough that we could have occasional crossover adventures for massive gaming sessions where everyone would have to run two or three PCs at once and we'd do a massive marathon adventure.

Those were fun.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Good to know!

I would miss everyones banter when a player cant figure out if its a D12 or D20! Oh the lulz!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Akragon

Good to know!

I would miss everyones banter when a player cant figure out if its a D12 or D20! Oh the lulz!

Neverwinter is the ONLY perfect D&D game ever made... it has all the dice... even DMs that create plots on the fly

I used to DM on a few servers back in the day... its an old game... but its perfect for a D&D session

in fact my old world "Narfell" is still running 20 some odd years later

top topics

<<   2 >>

join