It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unions Are Training Hotel Workers to Face Down Immigration Raids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Seems some Unions are on the defensive and are apparently "training" workers to avoid Federal Immigration Agents !

How to dodge.

How to not show ID.

And it seems Unions are using collective bargaining as a "tool" and want employers to not cooperate when ICE comes-a-calling.

Something not quite making sense with this.

If workers are actually employed and have documents to prove they are "legal" to work or they are Citizens or have Green Cards, what are the Unions so nervous about ?

Unless some of the union "activities" are supplying fake ID and phony documents ?

Hmmm.

Unions Are Training Hotel Workers to Face Down Immigration Raids

Hotel workers in cities such as Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York have been gathering for training sessions recently on how to handle visits from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The sessions, organized by the labor union Unite Here!, teach workers how to effectively stonewall ICE agents, emphasizing employees’ right to refuse to answer questions or show identification.

Organizers don dark sunglasses or jackets and role-play as ICE agents, with a “good cop” entreating the volunteers with lines such as “You look like a good person,” and a bad cop screaming threats at them. “I need you guys to be just absolute assholes,” organizer Hugo Soto, a former hotel worker who helped develop the training program, tells colleagues when preparing them to portray agents. “We need to train ourselves to be able to beat ICE.”

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why don't they go after the hotel's and make it impossible to hire more than a few?

Funny how the labor keeps getting hit but not the cause.

www.newsbusters.org...
edit on 20-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Why don't they go after the hotel's and make it impossible to hire more than a few?

www.newsbusters.org...

Excellent question !!

So you are 100% in favor of enforcing the current laws.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm sure there is a whole cottage industry setup for the hotel industry to provide "legal" documents. I wouldn't be surprised to see some hardworking people working in 3 far apart states at the same time.
edit on 20-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Luthier wants to go after employers as the primary, which is the ultimate turning off the spigot.

I agree. E-Verify should be used and catch all the stolen actual social security numbers.
edit on 20-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
All the dark, dirty, demented dung is going to be exposed soon. Of course unions are probably at the forefront of much of the dirty dealings!

It will be uncomfortable at first, but those that have been abusing the system, crapping on the constitution, giving a finger to the rule of law, and mucking up everything by unconstitutional and illegal practices are going to pay dearly for it soon.
edit on 20-9-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I am but believe the scapegoating of the illegal labor is a boogeyman tactic to delay or outright stall employer prosecutions.

I think it's like trying to blow your nose to cure polio.

I also believe that once the word gets out its impossible to get employed rather than getting flyers and housing promises from employers it will make a far greater impact.

I believe going after the labor alone and building a wall will do absolutely nothing to stop the majority of the problem.

As long as there is work they will come in on containers, boats, hand made subs, tunnels, and through simple bribes.

Then there is still the labor void problem so we need a temp visa system and possibly some sort of pathway for the people smuggled here against their will as kids. Probably paid for by all the money you confiscate from the cheating employers.

Wonder if anyone has estimated the total yearly profit from employing about 8 million illegals, as well as consumer cost savings?

I know the national review has talked about employers being the main problem and obviously the link I posted but most people seem to believe the boogeyman thing is going to solve it

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

A valid conspiracy.

But why are unions trying to stop employers from cooperating with the Feds ?

That's the issue in this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Because....MONEY.

But let's not pretend the hotel's are upset they don't have to pay employee taxes and workman's comp.

Also I would like to see the actual problem fixed. As a former carpenter who gave up the profession because of the illegal labor.

Yet I still don't blame the illegals as much as the enablers and recruiters. I knewill contractors that sent their people back to Mexico to recruit and bought condos to stuff them in. In many sw boom towns they had huge labor voids to just couple the problem.

Sorry to I guess derail? But it's just very important to me we actually fix this and look at the reality rather than build a scapegoat.

www.texastribune.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The unions are there to protect their workers. What an upside down world we live in.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Why are Dimocrats so racist against illegal immigrants?

They want to keep them here for cheap labor.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Texas is Democrat?

crack down on Texas employers who hire undocumented workers, it was status quo last session in the state Senate that Patrick oversees. And illegal hiring practices in the Texas workplace, which the state has authority to police, have largely gone missing from his public outrage over the porous border and illegal immigration.

That’s not political apostasy. It’s the default posture in pro-business Texas — and one of the increasingly rare areas where Republicans and Democrats come together in common cause year after year.

FrI'm article posted above.

Or this.

Rick Perry stands by in-state tuition for students in Texas illegally

Or

Apparently, the first leg of the project was too important to entrust to American workers. In a lawsuit filed in Manhattan Federal Court, members of House Wreckers Local 95 alleged that, to avoid paying union employees their pension and welfare benefits, Trump (and the contractor he used for the job, Kaszycki & Sons) brought in some 200 undocumented Polish workers to demolish the Bonwit Teller building that then occupied the site of the future Trump Tower.
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Texas is Democrat?

crack down on Texas employers who hire undocumented workers, it was status quo last session in the state Senate that Patrick oversees. And illegal hiring practices in the Texas workplace, which the state has authority to police, have largely gone missing from his public outrage over the porous border and illegal immigration.

That’s not political apostasy. It’s the default posture in pro-business Texas — and one of the increasingly rare areas where Republicans and Democrats come together in common cause year after year.

FrI'm article posted above.

Or this.

Rick Perry stands by in-state tuition for students in Texas illegally

Or

Apparently, the first leg of the project was too important to entrust to American workers. In a lawsuit filed in Manhattan Federal Court, members of House Wreckers Local 95 alleged that, to avoid paying union employees their pension and welfare benefits, Trump (and the contractor he used for the job, Kaszycki & Sons) brought in some 200 undocumented Polish workers to demolish the Bonwit Teller building that then occupied the site of the future Trump Tower.
www.google.com...

The article is about "Hotel workers in cities such as Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York ".

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Sure just pointing out the whole debate is a scam, that it isn't the Democrats.

It's both parties coming together to smear over the real problems by making it about sanctuary cities, laborers, etc...

In fact it's my opinion that if you engage in the partisan selling of wolf ticket show your not helping the discussion either.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's not just unions, many corporations are actively trying to thwart ICE to keep their cheap labor on the job.

That's why their will be no wall. The neocon corporation oligarchy will will ultimately determine the "illegals" problem.

Do you honestly think congress is going to reign in big business the main contributors to their sweet campaign coffers, BOD positions when retired, lol.

www.texastribune.org...

Business as usual...believe me!!

www.marketplace.org...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense. The naivete of conservative ATS members is astonishing imo.
edit on 20-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

www.newsbusters.org...

This is a good question.

Tinfoil hat time: How many of us agree that the loudest voices in the democratic party have an ultimate goal of global government. The united states government is sending men with guns in to privately owned businesses across state borders to enforce a law that currently only half the country wants. That looks a lot like the first steps to global government. How long before the states that would rather exercise their rights are unable to do so? How long after that till a private business owner has no power anymore over their own propriety? The republicans want the same as the democrats. Global government. They just go about it in different ways.

When we allow the government to come into our private business uninvited, unneeded and unwanted to forcefully remove and threaten the lives of peaceful taxpaying workers that we hired. That is a step to far. That feels to much like rolling over like a bitch to our government masters.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

There is a social contract. The federal government is supposed to control immigration. In turn a private business is supposed to operate under the rule of law. The procedure is to change the law through legislation. Not to make breaking the law normal behaviour. Of course that isn't how it always works but it's supposed to.

The same reason your private business benefits from federal procedures (even if it isn't always the case) is the reason your supposed to comply. Should they also not protect your private business shipments? Or international trade routes.

You have a point but it's also no so simple unless your business operates completely free of any federal benefits from gas for your cars to foreign invasion of your property.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Businesses do not hire illegals to benefit the illegals. They hire them because it benefits their business financially. It's wrong to pretend otherwise.

Unions want them to do jobs that are hard to fill and pay too little for anyone who is not desperate, to take the jobs in the first place. The illegals become like slaves as they have to take what they can get and have no power to bargain with. On top of them taking the low paying, often physically demanding jobs, the unions then take part of their pay for the privilege of doing those jobs.

This has not a single thing to do with concern over the illegals and their lives. Unions have been declining for decades and the vampires at the top don't give a damn about how or where they get the due's paying members and are willing to bend the law or even stomp all over it to enrich the union elite, who pocket the real money. I'm not buying their reasoning for a moment.

edit on 9/20/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

This has not a single thing to do with concern over the illegals and their lives. Unions have been declining for decades and the vampires at the top don't give a damn about how or where they get the due's paying members and are willing to bend the law or even stomp all over it to enrich the union elite, who pocket the real money. I'm not buying their reasoning for a moment.

That's not always the case. Try getting into my unions SAG/AFTRA and IATSE with out being Taft-Hartleyd or with serious cred. and experience.

I don't resent paying my union dues to have an affordable health plan, retirement, and recourse when the productions refuse to pay the cast or crew. And we also watch out for people on set that aren't in the union so they don't get taken advantage of. It's all to common.

Union proud, Union Strong...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
All unions act like they are for the people,all they are is organized crime under a different name,why unions are strong backers of Dimocrats

top topics

<<   2 >>

join