It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelandic Government Collapses After Plot To Pardon Pedophile Rapist Exposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Last week, it emerged that Prime Minister Bjarni Benediktsson knew of attempts by his father, Benedikt Sveinsson, to have the Ministry of Justice grant “restored honor” to a convicted child rapist.

Benediktsson kept this secret as the rapist, a friend of his father’s was essentially exonerated.

Icelandic Government Collapses After Plot To Pardon Pedophile Rapist Exposed

The article goes on to say that two of the three major parties have decided to stop working with the government and trigger snap elections.

It says that bot officials and the public are outraged by this decision for the PM's dad to help exonerate a pedophile, who was his friend.

The details of this are disgusting so I war anyone before reading the next portion.

In 2004, Hjalti Sigurjón Hauksson was convicted of raping his step-daughter almost daily for twelve years from the time she was five years old.

I wnder if we have any members from Iceland here that can comment.

Like the article mentions, I was a fan of the fact Iceland unlike most countries seemed to actually prosecute corrupt bankers.

But this incident just shows further the strange coincindence that in many countries the ruling class both has pedophiles and people that look the other way for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Universal truth, Lord Acton says power corrupts!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I suppose we can only take heart from the fact that this has come out. That when the opposition parties heard about it, they took action and made it public.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It is good to see that, upon these details coming out, the government is collapsing. Far from being a black mark against the political system of Iceland, the fact that this information becoming public means the government is being collapsed by the ire of the electorate, and the unwillingness of other parties to work with the government under these conditions, is actually a sign that the political system is healthy.

Any system which can be bought down, immediately upon discovery of something of this nature, is working a damned sight better than many other political systems and establishments.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It is good to see that, upon these details coming out, the government is collapsing. Far from being a black mark against the political system of Iceland, the fact that this information becoming public means the government is being collapsed by the ire of the electorate, and the unwillingness of other parties to work with the government under these conditions, is actually a sign that the political system is healthy.

Any system which can be bought down, immediately upon discovery of something of this nature, is working a damned sight better than many other political systems and establishments.

Thats a good point.

Had this occurred somewhere like the US, its likely that we would never have heard of it, and at the very least business would have went on as usual.

I hope that one day all of these people in power that have committed these heinous sex crimes of all sorts receive a fitting judgement, but I am not optimistic it will occur in this world.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

TrueBrit, right.

Wondering when the big league'rs in the US are going to get called out myself.

So much monitoring power, yet useless? nah, I just think they are avoiding it.
edit on 20-9-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

The difference, it would appear, between Iceland, and many other nations in the world, is that Icelands government is not owned by private individuals and lobby groups, but beholden only to one force of people, one bloc of power, that being the people.

This is the only way in which any just governance can be administrated of course. The difference is that in places like my own country, and indeed the US, the government does not actually need the people in order to continue as normal, because the corporate mechanisms and structures which uphold its function, are now designed to operate either without the permission of the people, or more commonly, in direct conflict with, in spite of the will of the people.

You can see the lack of ownership in Icelands history, with regard to the bailout epidemic which struck the entire global economy. Large financial institutions, having their begging bowls filled to the tune of billions and billions a piece in every other nation. Iceland? Let the buggers swing in the breeze, and justly so. Why? Because the people would not support a bailout, which would cost them their futures, despite them being not in the least responsible for the crash themselves.

This is the same quality shining through now. A zero bull, ego free determination, that the people must be the ones to decide the fate of the nation, and the morality which informs any debate on the topic. Beautiful stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence could see this, or something like this, coming. Iceland has GOT TO BE punished for going against the banking cartels.
Every country in the world has these sort of skeletons in their cupboard so why pick on Iceland and just why are the MSM running full force with this.
They even have you idiots on here pushing their agenda and you can't see it because, well pedaphiles.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am utterly sick and tired of all these calls off pedaphilia. Listen I hate them as much as anyone but it is being used as the default boogie man. It used to be homosexuality, that became accepted. Then they used "oh he went with prostitutes and ruined his marriage". Now it's pedaphilia.
Want to ruin somebody or some institution call pedaphilia. The stories may be true but there's no need for a Salem style witch hunt.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Didn´t we have these "news" five days ago on ATS?

Icelandic government collapses over pardoning of paedophiles and attempted cover-up.

Just sayin....because of the term "News"...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There's already groups on Twitter trying to normalize it. They call it "pedosexual" and you're a bigot if you don't accept it.

I estimate it to be part of the Democrat party platform in 5-10 years.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Then I'm a bigot. The problem is (it's like false rape claims) mud sticks. That sounds very trite but if you're a recipient of these false claims you are hung drawn and quartered by the media and in turn the public.
There is no doubt about it, it is a very nasty crime and in my view the sentences, where proven guilty, are not severe enough. Yet there must be some anonymity protection for people accused till proven guilty because if innocent the backlash against the person is too horrific with no recourse or redemption and it's no good the prosecutors saying sorry afterwards as the damage has already been done.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Good catch. Let the mods delete it then. I searched recent threads and didn't see it.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Glad I'm not the only one who sucks at the search function.

It seems to not discriminate based on age, so when you search a topic you may see things with that subject from years ago but 6 pages down in the results there's a thread that was started yesterday.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Have to love the fact that when something bad comes out the government fears the public enough to take immediate action.

We just had an ex speaker of the house admit to raping boys while going to jail for about 6 months for financial crimes. Apparently the statute of limitations prevented his prosecution for that crime.
edit on 20-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Good catch on that one. Thanks

This type story begs a question in my mind, of all the world's governments and the UN thrown in....I have to wonder just how many high ranking political and military and policing/intelligence officials are caught up in pedophilia? I wonder not only the number but the percentage of each "body" of officials. Were not quite a few brought to light in the UK some years back? And then we have the "Lolita Express" operated by some Epstein guy? And then I read stories about child abductions in the Far East and how local and government officials "look the other way" supposedly because of payoffs.

And asking all that, another question suddenly popped into my mind..........to what extent and what degree has this problem lead to a complete corruption of a governmental system? That's kind of hard to wrap a mind around, but lets just suppose for a moment that one or more Federal Judges are involved. They could be bribed with threats of exposure if they don't rule a certain way. Is it possible for example that a "Clinton" involved a particular FBI person in the "inner circle" of the pedophile ring and then held that over that FBI person's head to effectively get them to back off an investigation?

This thing has a LOT of implications.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You're kidding right?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No, I'm not.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'M not saying you're a bigot if you're not ok with it. That's what they say.
edit on 20 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

There is really a Twitter group? Believe me, I'm not going to search it out.

O.k., well if that's real, welcome to the new religion of Mystery Babylon and the anti-Christ.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join