It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man convinced UFO spotted over Bracknell had it's own 'life source'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just reading a local newspaper and came across this piece.

www.getreading.co.uk...

There is a video in the article that shows a ball of light that the man believes could be a UFO.

Nick Pope has commented to say that he believes it could be an issue with the mans iPhone or that the video was edited.

Anyone have any ideas or opinions on what it could be?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bridge_Boy

Classic white orb (flying saucer), just like the ones I have seen.

The pulsating is just due to the phone's auto-focus (which you can tell by looking at the clouds).
edit on 20-9-2017 by Dr X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I guess you could call it pulsating. It seems to be completely vanishing for a split second, not just pulsating.

I'm no video expert, so I won't make a judgement on this being a hoax. But it doesn't look like a solid object.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It's definitely a white thing moving through the sky. The witness statement seems sincere enough.

It's everything else that's the problem. The witness says they didn't edit the footage, so clearly the local paper has, and done a pretty awful job of it. They, like all MSM/news-sites seem to do, is screen-grab the object when it's most out of focus. Then you have Nick Pope, ok his comment in the article is a bit better, but they link to an article from Bracknell where he says it's one of the good ones, despite being obviously a reflection of lights. You've got to wonder what that man's agenda is these days, because this one has camera artefacts in the footage but the thing IN the footage is not a camera artefact.

And yes, it's indicative of the phenomena as it occurs here in South East UK. Balls of light (seen by residents) or rugby ball shaped white objects (seen by pilots). But ultimately, the presentation, a crappy edited video with no wide shot, auto focus mayhem and god knows what other manipulations of the witness statement, in this instance it could still be a DJI Phantom or a balloon or such.

An original statement and an original copy of the video would for me, be quite interesting to look into. Getreading brings it to our attention briefly, in bite-size crap format, and ultimately, sadly, that's really all it's worth. Still, it's always good to see things happen locally, whether they are delivered in-depth or as click-bait. It's a 100,000 piece puzzle and this is just one piece of it

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Oh, come on!! That is just an airplane, in the middle of the day, being filmed with a phone camera that is going in and out of focus.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Probably just a regular aluminum helium balloon. I was standing at a bus stop when a little kid let go of hers. It shot straight up into the sky and within three seconds it looked like a metallic ufo flying through the clouds just like this picture.

The pulsing is the autofocus.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
You can see it change direction at the end of the vid. Ufo orb all the way

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

Classic white orb (flying saucer), just like the ones I have seen.

The pulsating is just due to the phone's auto-focus (which you can tell by looking at the clouds).

The orbs do pulsate. Maybe you're encounter was not that close up but they certainly do pulsate along with their inners rotating.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Oh, come on!! That is just an airplane, in the middle of the day, being filmed with a phone camera that is going in and out of focus.

I agree. Classic case of someone exploiting the artifacts of a camera. If you look on Planefinder playback for 27 August 2017 12:21 local (11:21 UTC) there are a number of predominately white (British Airways) airliners in the stack and lining up for London Heathrow. In addition there are also airliners coming out of Heathrow and flying over Bracknell at low level heading west for the transatlantic routes.

As bad as someone filming Venus and claiming that it is an orb or diamond shape purely because of the camera artifact shape.

That area of Bracknell was busy with flights at the time of the sighting. An unidentified object in that airspace would have been reported.

In the first few seconds of the video you can also see a bird in the bottom of the right hand screen going in and out of focus.

The question is why do people fall for this non-sense? All he has done is filmed an aircraft reflecting light and filmed it with his crappy phone. He then further deludes himself with the camera artifacts.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why does he think it "appeared to have it's own life source?" Where is he getting that from and what does it even mean?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yeah, that seems to be a mis-quote or the paper creating bull# for clickbait. Considering what he's talking about in that entire paragraph I think the witness probably said "light source".

“It was incredibly bright, it appeared to have its own life source.

“The light reminded me of being in chemistry lessons at school, like burning magnesium.

“It wasn’t an electrical light. It was very odd.”

“It was incredibly bright, it appeared to have its own light source.

“The light reminded me of being in chemistry lessons at school, like burning magnesium.

“It wasn’t an electrical light. It was very odd.”

edit on 20-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You can even hear it.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Thanks - that would make more sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Why does he think it "appeared to have it's own life source?" Where is he getting that from and what does it even mean?
Nice catch there. I agree, i think it was a misquote.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This could be just a plane being lit by and/or reflecting the sun.

The "pulsating" seems to be caused by camera focus changing -- i.e., you can see the focus on the clouds change along with the pulses.

edit on 21/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It could be a plane, not sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Man, people's imaginations run wild...

top topics

join